2,245 posts in this topic

Congrats to all! It does seem like a lot of activity happens on fridays. Made another SR after my expedite request was approved and got a response that a decision will be made shortly. So fingers cross that it’s today or early next week. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
6 hours ago, GSKhanuja said:

Thank u for the information. My biometrics has not been done yet so that will that affect my expedite request?

Yes, they will deny your expedite request. You will need todo your biometrics first.

3 hours ago, Greg988 said:

Congrats to all! It does seem like a lot of activity happens on fridays. Made another SR after my expedite request was approved and got a response that a decision will be made shortly. So fingers cross that it’s today or early next week. 

New card finally being produced. Expedite was approved since Jan 5th. Finally. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greg988 said:

New card finally being produced. Expedite was approved since Jan 5th. Finally. 

congrats! Did you get email/msg notice?

Am I the last one left behind?😭 still approved...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, EmilySmith said:

congrats! Did you get email/msg notice?

Am I the last one left behind?😭 still approved...

I was approved on the 6th. We just have to be patient..

I signed up of text messages alerts to avoid checking every 5 minutes. IMO, I can say that Senator/Congress etc had no affect on how quickly it got done. However their responses did ease the nerves of my future employer who ultimately decided not to pull the offer.

6 minutes ago, ClickityClackity said:

I was approved on the 6th. We just have to be patient..

Good luck! I know what its like

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, D29 said:

After a couple hours of  “Card being produced” my status changed to “Case approved”.

Did you guys have the same update? 

Yeah, this is normal 👍🏼

On 2/21/2020 at 9:08 AM, D29 said:

Hey guys I just got an update today  “Card is being produced”. 

EXPEDITE EAD TIMELINE 

Request Expedite 01/13/20

Email asking for evidence 01/14/20 

Evidence faxed 01/15/20 

Expedite request Approved 01/10/20 

-11 days-

New card is being produced

Congrats! Seems like a really short timeline but I'm sure it was because you were very prepared. If you don't me me asking, what was the evidence needed? Just in case I can avoid it and send everything they need all at once.

Also, when did you initially file the petition?

Edited by PimT

On 2/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, lambera said:

I also submitted my second expedite request on the same day as you and have just been approved today also. 

Hi, did anything changed between your first and second request? (submitted another reason etc.) How long have you waited to request again after the denial?

I required to expedite the ead card due to financial lost and have a pending job offer, i wasn't even asked to file them the documents, just received a denial couple of days after.

Went to a congressman, his staff member said they don't help with expedite.

I live in Texas but my case was assigned to Vermont.

Wondering how i should proceed now..

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lina805 said:

Hi, did anything changed between your first and second request? (submitted another reason etc.) How long have you waited to request again after the denial?

I required to expedite the ead card due to financial lost and have a pending job offer, i wasn't even asked to file them the documents, just received a denial couple of days after.

Went to a congressman, his staff member said they don't help with expedite.

I live in Texas but my case was assigned to Vermont.

Wondering how i should proceed now..

Hello, The reason my first one was denied was because I had an RFE for my i-485, which just cancelled out any expedite request. Both times I filed under financial hardship. I have had a job opening for me pretty much since October last year. If you received denial straight away, that usually means that whatever notes were put down in the initial request over the phone, the officer didn't deem them worthy. 

The whole expedite process is very weird, you could put another request in the exact same and another officer would accept it and ask for further evidence, it is all down to the discretion of the officer overlooking your request. I think you can file another expedite request a week or so after your denial. 

15 hours ago, lambera said:

Hello, The reason my first one was denied was because I had an RFE for my i-485, which just cancelled out any expedite request. Both times I filed under financial hardship. I have had a job opening for me pretty much since October last year. If you received denial straight away, that usually means that whatever notes were put down in the initial request over the phone, the officer didn't deem them worthy. 

The whole expedite process is very weird, you could put another request in the exact same and another officer would accept it and ask for further evidence, it is all down to the discretion of the officer overlooking your request. I think you can file another expedite request a week or so after your denial. 

Thanks! I'll try again today, hope will go better this time.

Congrats and good luck with your new job!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I talked to the live chat (cuz phone calls wait at least 30min), the lady told me just official answers ,  she said they are looking into the case to see if they can make a determination. Still have to wait for the case to be approved and notice mail. I could not get any useful info. so frustrated...

Timeline
14 minutes ago, EmilySmith said:

I talked to the live chat (cuz phone calls wait at least 30min), the lady told me just official answers ,  she said they are looking into the case to see if they can make a determination. Still have to wait for the case to be approved and notice mail. I could not get any useful info. so frustrated...

Have you tried calling and speaking with a tier 2 officer?. They have a lot more access to look into cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.