lazybutsmart

a love like in the movie (merged)

42 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lazybutsmart said:

And if I told them all the truth I'd get the visa?

If you told them the truth your odds would be considerably better to get a future visa.  Now that is a permanent red flag for visa fraud.  Every time you file they will see that you have a history of attempted visa fraud.  You have an uphill battle, to say the least.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Every time you file for any visa, the CO's comments will be there.  You can try to convince them that your relationship is real now but that is at the sole discretion of the CO.  We do not know what they will think but misrepresentation can mean a 5 year, 10 year or permanent ban.  It can also mean that the CO understands what you did and he cuts you some slack.  It is VERY important to be completely honest for this point on.  

You would have been denied because your ties to Romania are not strong enough that your CO believed that you would return.  Tourist visas are very difficult from some countries.  The CO's job is to prevent the type of fraud you wanted to commit.  

We had a TV show in the states in the 1970s.  The lyrics of the theme song included "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".  If the CO denied because of lack of ties to Romania you should be OK.  If he denied due to misrepresentation then you may have some serious problems.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It’s such a shame when people make moves with US immigration without coming on here first and getting the full scope of how it really works. It’s going to be hard to come back from lying on the previous application and going forward applying for a fiancé visa. You almost have to be an expert on US immigration before applying for anything because they WILL keep record and it will come back to bite you. You can’t just apply for any and all visas and hope one sticks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Like everyone else said, you are very naive to think you can start such an important journey with lies. If you do end up pursuing immigration, you'll have SO many interviews and hoops to jump through before you finally become a citizen, and the lies will follow you at every step. 
I am also Romanian, and I met my now husband on Facebook accidentally. We met in person twice before we attempted any type of visa, and then we decide I should see the US and his life/family there. I told the Consular officer at the embassy our story in detail, and in spite of everyone telling me that I would be denied, I did get the B2 visa. Truth is always the best policy. 

We continued to see each other every 2 months, either in Europe or the States, for an entire year, before we decided to get engaged and pursue a K1 visa. It was a very expensive relationship, but worth every cent.

But we were both in our early 30s and I guess that helped not rush into things. 

13 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

From what I remember from @conofficer's comments, this kind of representation is not material because you would have been denied either way. 

At the same time, there was a case here a few weeks ago of somebody who received a misrepresentation bar (from a material misrepresentation) due to a past tourist visa application where they said they didn't know anybody in the US when in fact they did. The actual facts of the matter are what's important. It may not be a material misrepresentation. Then again, the specifics of what was claimed may be.

And, as always, any willful misrepresentation still destroys your credibility.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

9 hours ago, lazybutsmart said:

Hello everybody. My name is Andrei, I am 21 years old, I am a student and I live in Romania, Bucharest

Buna Andrei!

I wanted to tell you that it is difficult for Romanians to get the travel visa. I've spoken with a lot of Romanians about this and some have been able to prove strong ties to the country and they were still denied. Oh well :)

For my Fiance and I, we decided the easiest thing to do was for me to visit Romania. After I visited, I decided to move here to see how our relationship would work out. Two years later, we are engaged and we just got our K1 form approved. We are waiting for our interview in Bucharest. 

My suggestion to you is that you invite her to Romania. It will be easier for her to come to you because Americans don't need a visa to come to Romania. She can stay for up to 90 days.

Show her the beauty of Romania and see how you like each other. It is an easy place to fall in love <3 

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

3 minutes ago, Springrain22 said:

Sounds like this guy is trying to get to the US no matter what.

Yes.  That was my impression too.  It isn't about love, it is about getting here no matter what he has to do.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, BVGApeach said:

Buna Andrei!

I wanted to tell you that it is difficult for Romanians to get the travel visa. I've spoken with a lot of Romanians about this and some have been able to prove strong ties to the country and they were still denied. Oh well :)

For my Fiance and I, we decided the easiest thing to do was for me to visit Romania. After I visited, I decided to move here to see how our relationship would work out. Two years later, we are engaged and we just got our K1 form approved. We are waiting for our interview in Bucharest. 

My suggestion to you is that you invite her to Romania. It will be easier for her to come to you because Americans don't need a visa to come to Romania. She can stay for up to 90 days.

Show her the beauty of Romania and see how you like each other. It is an easy place to fall in love <3 

Ditto this!  Romania is a beautiful country!  Is there any reason she can't come visit you there?    I went to visit my husband 5 times in Romania before we applied for K1.    Take her to see some of the amazing castles there but either way you need to spend time together before getting engaged or married.  There is so much more to this process than just getting a visa. 

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Hello there,

My husband and I went through the K1 visa about 8 years ago or so. As many people said it is not an easy process and it should not be taken lightly. Heck! nothing related to immigration should be taken lightly! We are no one to judge your love or intentions but for what you explain, you give the impression that your first priority is to come and stay in the USA instead of being together with the love of your life. Hubby and I went back and forth for over two years before we got engaged. It was becoming emotionally and financially draining for both of us so we were at a point that we split apart or commit to be together in one place once and for all. We obviously chose the second option and never looked back. However, after things settled we started feeling the weight of the day-to-day, living together, me having all my family and everything I know away. I miss home and my family terribly always though I do not regret choosing the man I love to be my husband. With that I come to say our relationship was and is strong and no matter how bothersome was to prove it we certainly could prove we were in a bona fide relationship. Just say you went the K1 visa...Can you prove you are in a bona fide relationship? Lies will just make matters worse...

If your K1 or marriage visa goes through and well...Are you sure you want to leave everything? Have you experienced the US to say you really like it as a place to live? What are you planning to do for a living? Are you going to be ok living with someone you have hardly shared moments with (at this point you two have not even met yet)? Will you be together after two years when you have to remove the conditions of your conditional greencard? 

This is life changing...It takes money, time, and sacrifices. If you take further actions as it is, what happened to you won't be your first denial and you will only get yourself in deep s**t with immigration which NEVER is a good thing.

Edited by aloma
typo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Springrain22 said:

Sounds like this guy is trying to get to the US no matter what.

Maybe, I think there is definitely a language barrier and he may have concocted a story with his online gf to come to the US. The funny thing is that none of this was necessary. 

Perhaps he has a better shot on a student visa. I would advice the original poster to contact an immigration lawyer.

Want to come party it up in Los Angeles once your K-1 is in hand? Add your name to the list (everyone is welcome)! :jest:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AcLp5pKlTwcn_Gv-eibkW4RQiCUOq_GSJXVQTarG2Vs/edit

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker. Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Still waiting for NOA2 Approval? Call USCIS and ask to speak to Tier 2.

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ -USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval?  https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to contact NVC https://goo.gl/zssbX1 - NVC - (603)-334-0700

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php 

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.