KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

I filed Petitions for my wife, and her two children Thursday February 22, 2018 in Manila. We are doing Direct Consular Filing, and our Petitions are naturally expedited because of that. We were told approval comes in 30 to 60 days, and we are hoping for less than 30 days for approval after the filing in Manila Philippines. We have lived here in the Philippines married to each other since June 3, 2014, and I am a permanent resident.

12 hours ago, forfars said:

Im soo desperate to get vermont, I was under the impression I would because my wife is in Rhode Island too bad it doesn’t work like that lol

I was hoping the same thing because my husband will be moving back to Maine. Sadly that’s not how it works 😞

AOS with CR-1 Approved September 2014

Husband immigrated to New Zealand with me November 2016

Petition for IR-1 February 2018

02/02/18 Sent to Chicago lockbox from Auckland NZ

09/07/18 Arrived in the USA

12/19 Divorced

06/23 Naturalization window opens

06/12/23 N400 filed online

06/16/23 Status changed to Biometrics scheduled

07/07/23 Biometrics appointment

07/07/23 Status changed to Case is being actively reviewed

08/08/23 Status changed to Interview is scheduled

09/13/23 Interview - Approved

09/13/23 Status changed to Oath to be scheduled

09/14/23 Status changed to Oath scheduled

09/28/23 Oath appointment! I'm a US Citizen!

10/02/23 US Passport applied for with routine service and expedited shipping

11/08/23 US Passport received

11/11/23 Status changed to “Supporting documents mailed”

6 hours ago, gmf3000 said:

I sent my stuff in weeks ago. Check has not been cashed or no notification etc. Is this normal for this long?

Hmm, I sent in my packet on Feb. 8, the check was cashed a few days ago and I just got the receipt today. I sent my packet to the Chicago Lockbox and was assigned to the Texas Service Center. Other service centers/lockboxes might be slower. 

15 hours ago, nickymicky said:

mine  was delivered on February 21st no update till this date

i filed on the same day, I wouldn’t expect to hear anything for a few more days/ up to a week yet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Our i130 was delivered Wednesday morning. The check shows as processing since this morning but we didn’t get any email or text notification yet.

-Sent the i130 2 weeks ago.

-Received NOA1 today WAC (California Service Center) the most slowest one :(.

-So slow that it's still processing 2016 forms :( :(.

- Anybody can educate why they chose California when i live in East coast? Was expecting Vermont :(

- Time to just wait i guess and be hopeful that they will change the center or speed up the process!

4 hours ago, anayazhere said:

Which Service center has the fastest processing time? Anyone knows? 

California, processing time Nov 2016 still

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I sent in my I-130 February 12 

Arrived at Lockbox Phoenix AZ February 13th 10am

Received Email and Text notification February 21st

NOA1 notice hard copy today February 26th 

Both receipt numbers are the same but they show as invalid receipt numbers on USCIS.

What should i do next. I have not completed any other forms or submitted anything else. 

On the receipt hard copy notice my priority date says February 13th

How would i know what comes next if i cant check my case status?

7 hours ago, joshsinghvirk said:

-Sent the i130 2 weeks ago.

-Received NOA1 today WAC (California Service Center) the most slowest one :(.

-So slow that it's still processing 2016 forms :( :(.

- Anybody can educate why they chose California when i live in East coast? Was expecting Vermont :(

- Time to just wait i guess and be hopeful that they will change the center or speed up the process!

California, processing time Nov 2016 still

Thats very odd, california don’t do many I-130s these days. I’m not certain how the system works but it definitely isn’t on location. It is possible to be re-transferred (I think) which if you can you probably will in this situation, try not to worry!

Good Luck

Just now, forfars said:

Thats very odd, california don’t do many I-130s these days. I’m not certain how the system works but it definitely isn’t on location. It is possible to be re-transferred (I think) which if you can you probably will in this situation, try not to worry!

Good Luck

I was shocked as well, I file i-130 as Permanent Resident for my spouse. The processing time just to approve i130 is 14 months, rest of the service centers processing within 6 to 10 months. But i do hope they change it to Vermont or Nebraska. Thanks for the info!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, forfars said:

i filed on the same day, I wouldn’t expect to hear anything for a few more days/ up to a week yet

I check online banking and I just see that they withdraw $535 today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.