KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Dalis said:

I called and after an hour of waiting i was told my receipt number was valid but that the site was not working. I keep trying every day and it keeps saying invalid. 

When i gave him the number he said he sees my case and just said the sight is down and to wait on the letters. Dont i need this site to be able to pay the AOS Bill and the IV Bill?

No you will have yet another account and website for the NVC phase. Thats where you will get another NVC case number and will pay those fees.

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, chrisdebona said:

No you will have yet another account and website for the NVC phase. Thats where you will get another NVC case number and will pay those fees.

Thank you!!! I wasnt sure if i really needed to get on this website for anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

I am USA citizen, and i filed i-130 for my wife in February.  Our priority date is Feb-08-2018 at Nebraska service center.  Currently Nebraska service center processing files of April 2017. Basically 10 month behind.  Does anyoneknow that, they are able to catch up the process,  or we have to wait 10 month to get I-130 approval NOA2 ? 

Your help will appreciated. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/27/2018 at 3:36 PM, S&J2018 said:

Hello Fellow February 2018 filers,

Im a citizen living in US filing for my spouse in India.

02/17/18- forms mailed to chicago lockbox

02/19/18-forms delivered to chicago lockbox

02/26/18-NOA 1 e-notification received. Routed to Potomac Service Center 

Great. Good luck on your journey. 

Potomac service center is little ahed of Nebraska service center.  I filled mine on Feb-08-2018. NSC looks 10 month behind. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi All!

I filed an I-130 /I-130A for my husband (Egypt)  on Feb. 23, 2018. I had it delivered expressed so, I got a message from USPS saying it had been delivered on Feb. 25, 2018. Expected date was Feb. 26, 2018. But still waiting on an NOA1 as well. I hope everyone's process is a quick and speedy one! Godspeed.

Edited by jazzyveal

Hey folks.

I-130 sent: 21st Feb

Receipt and Priority date: 23Rd Feb.

Allocated Service Centre: Potomac.

I'm British and my husband is a US Citizen. We've also petitioned for my daughter (husband's step-daughter) so I'm interested to see if that affects things. 

Does anyone know if she's to attend the interview with me when we get to that stage?

Good luck to everyone :)

4 hours ago, mbdm said:

Hi, is anyone thinking about filing for a K-3 visa after NOA? Is it worth it? Thanks.

K3s are rarely issued now bc it takes longer to get than what it does for the CR/IR1 usually

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi all,

I filed a I-130 petition for my husband. This is the second time filing this petition. We've been married since July of 2016. We have been through this process before and endured the waiting game only to be denied at the embassy interview last year...But, here we go again. Received our first hardcopy NOA 2/26 and our priority date is 2/22.

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate :Ethiopia

Marriage (if applicable):2016-07-21

I-130 Sent :2018-01-29

I-130 NOA1 :2018-02-26

I-130 Approved :2018-08-30

NVC Received :2018-09-28

Send AOS Package :2018-11-19

Send IV Package :2018-11-19

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2019-01-09

Case Completed at NVC :2018-12-28

Interview Date : 2019-02-25

3 minutes ago, rahill said:

Hi all,

I filed a I-130 petition for my husband. This is the second time filing this petition. We've been married since July of 2016. We have been through this process before and endured the waiting game only to be denied at the embassy interview last year...But, here we go again. Received our first hardcopy NOA 2/26 and our priority date is 2/22.

Hi Rahill,

My priority date is the day after yours so we're in this together. My husband is the US Citizen and has petitioned for me and my daughter. So sorry to hear you were denied! That's awful. What happened?

Timeline
15 hours ago, rahill said:

Hi all,

Hello, 

May I ask why your case was denied? I thought being denied was very rare. Was it because of missing any papers. That is my worst fear- going through this process for a year and then getting denied.

2 minutes ago, Dalis said:

Hello, 

May I ask why your case was denied? I thought being denied was very rare. Was it because of missing any papers. That is my worst fear- going through this process for a year and then getting denied.

Mine too, Dalis. It's already such a long and difficult time being away from the one you love most, it's awful to think it could all be in vain. :(

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Taffi111 said:

Mine too, Dalis. It's already such a long and difficult time being away from the one you love most, it's awful to think it could all be in vain. :(

Seriously, I miss my husband every day and I actually was one of those that focused on her career rather than marriage and kids. I am 27 and was friends with my husband since we were 12. I always kept saying i needed to focus on this for now and that would later on come. Once i got the job i wanted we were going to do an adjustment to his visa and it was to be a short and quick process and then out of nowhere that option was taken away so now we are doing it this way. So now its like putting life on pause until he is able to come and y the looks of Nebraska processing it will be longer than a year until this process is finalized completely. I could not fathom going through it all and then being denied. That is just crazy that they would even deny people.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.