mustang85635

DACA DELUSION: Kirsten Gillibrand Says ‘Chain Migration’ is a ‘RACIST SLUR’

217 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I am always the one to do the research for folks

https://my.uscis.gov/helpcenter/article/what-is-the-english-language-exemption

You do not need to meet the English Language requirement, but must still take the civics test if you are:

• Age 50 or older when you file for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident (green card holder) in the U.S. for 20 years. This is commonly referred to as the “50/20” exception.

OR

• Age 55 or older when you file for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident in the U.S. for 15 years. This is commonly referred to as the “55/15” exception.

Even if you qualify for the “50/20” or “55/15” English language exceptions, you must still take the civics test.

Taking the Exam in Your Native Language

You may be able to take the civics test in your native language, but only if your understanding of spoken English is not good enough to conduct an examination in English.

If you take the test in your native language, you must bring an interpreter with you to your interview.

Your interpreter must be fluent in both English and your native language.

Special Considerations

If you are age 65 or older and have been a permanent resident for at least 20 years when you file for naturalization, you will be given special consideration regarding the civics requirement.

Aware of the law and have heard of it before . Might have fit that criteria but in the end it does not make a difference to me as its as black and white as it gets . You dont speak english and you have been here for decades something went wrong in your integration in society . Thats all. 

Edited by mustang85635

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

Aware of the law and have heard of it before . Might have fit that criteria but in the end it does not make a difference to me as its as black and white as it gets . You dont speak english and you have been here for decades something went wrong in your integration in society . Thats all. 

I have  not been here anything like that long but have tried to make myself familiar with Americanisms, I am sure there are still a few that I do not know but they will be outliers.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
5 hours ago, Boiler said:

Agree we need to cut her some slack.

And now Trudeau is telling people off for using mankind and not peoplekind.

Got to be confusing.,

Yes thats true , she aint no Trudeau thats for sure . Peoplekind . Man what a cringeworthy clip to watch guys . Ive always found this guy to be kind of a sleazebag . Also dont like the fact that his Dad was PM too ! It leaves a bad after taste in my mouth. Same thing with the Bush and Clinton family I dont like those elitists giving themselves the rule over and over again .  

Timeline

Clinton-Crime-Family-Foundation.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I have  not been here anything like that long but have tried to make myself familiar with Americanisms, I am sure there are still a few that I do not know but they will be outliers.

I think thats all most americans are asking for . No one is asking anyone to loose there cultural identity but it should be American first. Practice whatever you do at home and speak your language but be interested in the american culture and traditions . That includes the language obviously . 

I have found doing that in a very short amount of time americans have welcomed me with open arms and been happy to show and invite me to for example my first baseball game explaining every rule patiently and inviting me and my wife to dozens of BBQs, birthday parties etc ... Having also spent a brief time in Australia living and working I can tell you It was impossible to break the ice with the locals it is very insular atmosphere . Here everyone has been nothing but helpful and forthcoming. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
45 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

I think thats all most americans are asking for . No one is asking anyone to loose there cultural identity but it should be American first. Practice whatever you do at home and speak your language but be interested in the american culture and traditions . That includes the language obviously . 

I have found doing that in a very short amount of time americans have welcomed me with open arms and been happy to show and invite me to for example my first baseball game explaining every rule patiently and inviting me and my wife to dozens of BBQs, birthday parties etc ... Having also spent a brief time in Australia living and working I can tell you It was impossible to break the ice with the locals it is very insular atmosphere . Here everyone has been nothing but helpful and forthcoming. 

You are the kind of immigrants we want. Someone who will love our country and assimilate.  

I go to some job sites and sometimes there will be others working there. When no one else speaks english….It makes it difficult to get the job done. Now I have no idea if they are illegals or not…but they are certainly taking jobs from american citizens.  I do not like that our government services caters to their lack of english.   

Timeline
9 minutes ago, eieio said:

You are the kind of immigrants we want. Someone who will love our country and assimilate.  

I go to some job sites and sometimes there will be others working there. When no one else speaks english….It makes it difficult to get the job done. Now I have no idea if they are illegals or not…but they are certainly taking jobs from american citizens.  I do not like that our government services caters to their lack of english.   

Agreed. 

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, charmander said:

I recently looked at my SSA benefits. Even if I tap my benefits at age 62, that'd still make me a rich man in Turkey. x2 with wife's benefits. Our dream retirement now is a condo by the Mediterranean or Aegean coast, visa-free travel across Europe thanks to US passport, and from time to time come back home to see the grandchildren. 25 years to go.

Good choice!  If you take 75% @ 62 vs. 100% @ 67, it would take you until age 77 to break even and for your 100% to make annual gains.  That’s 5 more years, at younger ages, to enjoy that money and all you can do with it.

My dream is similar.... move to various tropical countries, live in a fully-furnished apartment on a beach for 3-6 months, and move on whenever we feel the urge.  Honduras, Belize, Costa Rica, Tonga, Guyana are some areas I would love to explore.

12 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I did this last week because even though I am only 34 right now I can retire in 2030 as Federal Employee with 25 years in service counting my military time. So the DOD has a program that calculates everything up for you and it had me looking nice if I retire at 50 and only pull my SSA at 62. Because I would already have my TSP/401k coming in and my VA benefits, and that's not even counting my wife's benefits when she starts working this year as a nurse. We would be able to live in the Philippines for CHEAP

You know your wife doesn’t have to work to draw SS benefits, right?  32-50% of whatever your SS benefit is, based on her drawing from her age of 62 to 67.

8 hours ago, smilesammich said:

it's a bad thing because you're judging without knowing the full story. you don't know why someone doesn't speak english. i was raised to mind my own business. more of that crazy leftist nonsense i guess.

I truly needed a laugh tonight.  Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Boiler said:

Enjoy

this can't be the real thing - i didn't see any sheep in it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

this can't be the real thing - i didn't see any sheep in it.

VJ is a family friendly site

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
12 hours ago, yuna628 said:

my husband's employer works with those kids to have ''English-learning'' family nights. We have to ask ourselves why that is. I've seen a few reasons, surprisingly not having much to do with a stubborn refusal to learn the language - but more to do with access and cost, social stigma, and embarrassment. As a whole Americans don't seem to want to learn other languages in a conversational way, nor do we provide a lot of resources or clear info in assisting those to learn English. I'm not saying of course that there aren't some that do have that stubborn refusal thing (I've seen that a lot in older generations), but even in those that are making an effort to learn, they still are vilified for not having a good grasp of it. I'd really love if that was one aspect of reforms to our system. Getting people to learn. Educating people on subjects of American life before they arrive. I think it would empower immigrants, especially immigrant women in quite a few situations.

From a certain standpoint I feel that having a solid grasp of the language should be a factor in continuing to remain here for some immigrants. But for some that will take time.

Mrs. T-B. had studied English but got rusty at it, because in Ecu there was no chance to practice.

Soon after she got here, we signed her up for free English classes.

Without exception, all her Spanish-people classmates were envious because she was married to a gringo and could practice at home.

In addition, it's not clear to me that some people's limited English is because of their unwillingness to learn it.

In the various Spanish-people supermarkets, I've asked the clerks & butchers (in Spanish) whether they speak English.

If they say "yes" or "a little," I say, "Me, too!" and usually get a laugh (or, better, a startled look).

If they say "no" or "not much," I say, "Yo tampoco" ("nor do I") and continue in my pidgin Spanish.

At the "yo tampoco," I usually see them visibly relax, and some even smile.

This indicates to me that they're insecure about their inability, wish that things were different, and want to be accepted.

Their quandary is probably not knowing how best to change things to their benefit.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
11 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

at least be able to speak in basic English to get a point across. I don't care if you have a accent

A year or so after marriage, I came home, and this dialogue ensued:

Mrs. T-B.:  I bought you cheap.
T-B.:  What did you say?
Mrs. T-B.:  I bought you cheap.
T-B.:  You bought me cheap?  What the dickens does THAT mean?  I'm not that cheap.  And don't let Immigration hear you say that.
Mrs. T-B. [frustrated]:  Cheap, CHEAP!  I bought you CHEAP!

Upon further investigation, she had gone to the store and bought me a bag of potato cheaps, si man. :bonk:

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
11 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

at least be able to speak in basic English to get a point across. I don't care if you have a accent

Just last year:

Mrs. T-B.:  I have each.
T-B.:  Each what?
Mrs. T-B.:  I have each.
T-B.:  Each of what?
Mrs. T-B.:  Each!  Each!
T-B.:  Each what, already?
Mrs. T-B. [exaggerated enunciation]: I have each here, here!  [points to between her shoulderblades]
[T-B. scratches each, si man]