3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, BJ & Christine said:

Do to my lawyer being a complete dumbass. I’ll be heading to his office for a sit down meeting Monday. To review my application. They screwed up 2 different areas that I have gather info for to send a amendment. Plus, while there will go back over complete form to make sure nothing else was missed.

Keep y’all posted on what happens and what USCIS does. 

For see a very long wait for us. 😢😢😢

Sorry to hear that! My fiance and I were afraid of the huge attorney fees and potential for error with lack of experience with these particular visas.. we decided to go with RapidVisa because of their huge success rate. Let's hope they didn't set you too far back! 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I am curious as to how anyone in this thread plans to plan their wedding? We're doing it courthouse wedding style to save money but I plan on splurging on a photographer. Of course the photographer needs a reservation date but we obviously have no idea what we're looking at... I'm afraid of waiting too long and missing the reservation window.. 

What do we do? What are y'all doing?

Any insight please?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Gabgab8 said:

I am curious as to how anyone in this thread plans to plan their wedding? We're doing it courthouse wedding style to save money but I plan on splurging on a photographer. Of course the photographer needs a reservation date but we obviously have no idea what we're looking at... I'm afraid of waiting too long and missing the reservation window.. 

Any insight please?

We’re just doing a court house wedding within a few days of me arriving to get the ball rolling ASAP for my green card and then planning the lavish wedding for June / July next year that way it gives plenty of time for my family and friends to make their travel plans from Australia. The thought of having to arrange all of that stuff from outside the country is just too much for me lol 😂  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Gabgab8 said:

Any insight please?

My fiancee and I have just planned to get to the courthouse within a few days of her arrival and then setting a date probably for the spring for a ring ceremony/reception.

How did you find this out? Did USCIS contact you through an RFE? I ask because I assumed that they wouldn't even be touching our files until August?

A little confused with how the process works. I thought they done even touch our files, but from what I am seeing is they do. So is it good to say if you don't hear anything during the wait time that is good

Edited by etapia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, etapia said:

How did you find this out? Did USCIS contact you through an RFE? I ask because I assumed that they wouldn't even be touching our files until August?

Someone in June was denied and he found out why. And i made the same mistake. 

How i found out was by reading and researching. Now i try to fix it.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline

Hey guys! Help please!!

Okay so from dec-to end of February i had a temp job (i filled in beg. Of feb) but now i have a permanent job that started beginning of March. i called USCIS about the job change and the said to write a formal letter explaing it and i even attached a payatub to my new job and sent it to USCIS office the adress they gave me. But i got the letter i wrote back and a letter from them that didn't make sense. Like they didnt get it! 

What do i do??????

Edited by hannahraeroxs

1 hour ago, hannahraeroxs said:

Hey guys! Help please!!

Okay so from dec-to end of February i had a temp job (i filled in beg. Of feb) but now i have a permanent job that started beginning of March. i called USCIS about the job change and the said to write a formal letter explaing it and i even attached a payatub to my new job and sent it to USCIS office the adress they gave me. But i got the letter i wrote back and a letter from them that didn't make sense. Like they didnt get it! 

What do i do??????

I thought that income only was looked at at the embassy level that is when they will ask for the I134 and pay stubs for I believe 6 months also a letter from your employer would help stating your full time your start date and rate of pay. But most people that go to the interview usually they want the affidavit of support and then when you go for change of status when your fiancé is here they want records I believe. But maybe they are talking about a supplement document letter to attach to your application . Why did the other person get denied?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Juliette2784 said:

I thought that income only was looked at at the embassy level that is when they will ask for the I134 and pay stubs for I believe 6 months also a letter from your employer would help stating your full time your start date and rate of pay. But most people that go to the interview usually they want the affidavit of support and then when you go for change of status when your fiancé is here they want records I believe. But maybe they are talking about a supplement document letter to attach to your application . Why did the other person get denied?

I put mt temp job in the application. I dont know if that changes anything. Cause about a month later i got a new permanent job. Will they say anytning if what job i put on my application is different from what i have now? 

1 minute ago, hannahraeroxs said:

I put mt temp job in the application. I dont know if that changes anything. Cause about a month later i got a new permanent job. Will they say anytning if what job i put on my application is different from what i have now? 

I’m sure they are well aware situations change I believe the most important things is that you make sure you make over the poverty level and that you have consistent employment.  Once your fiancé goes to the interview at that point they want to make sure they won’t become a public charge like basically end up on social services so that’s why they make sure for the DS160 you meet thoes guidelines but I used an attorney and they told me that they didn’t need income until the interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, hannahraeroxs said:

Hey guys! Help please!!

What do i do??????

The government really doesn't care about your personal problems. They have an agenda to accomplish and it is driven without emotion or compassion. Unfortunately it is purely a numbers game to them.  Not much you can do but wait for a denial, correct the concern and reapply.  As difficult as it is we must all remove emotion from the process.  The decisions made by the government are objective. The are trained to remove emotion from the decision. In addition, they are given quotas and are responsible for achieving those quotas to maintain their ranking which effects their raises and promotions. This is reality.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 4/27/2018 at 5:42 PM, Gabgab8 said:

Any insight please?

I have a great idea. I am a Event decorator as well as the DIY Queen lol. I did some weddings and a few people that could not afford those expensive photographer's I came up with something that was a BIG HIT. Most of them went with my idea of buying Disposable cameras and putting to or 3 at each table with instructions of the box to put them in after its done and copies will be sent out soon. and then a few of them went with my idea of having a cell phone portable photo printer that you can get off Amazon and eBay. And those were great to. I am doing a whole lot of DIYs for my wedding so ifbyou need anything else let me know

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, hannahraeroxs said:

Hey guys! Help please!!

What do i do??????

I wouldn't worry about it. As a couple others have pointed out, your employment really only matters when it gets to the interview stage and you have to provide a I-134 Affidavit of Support to the beneficiary. Information in the I-129f is just used to establish your identity and they really only care if you change your contact information so they can advise you of status updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.