3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Naes said:

Hi

all k1 I-129f petitions go to California :)

if you create a vj timeline on your profile it will give you an estimate. Current averages goes between 175-190 days mostly and up. Good luck

Oh haha okay, thanks for clearing that up for me! :-) 

Hi all,

I mailed our application February 12th and it was delivered the 13th (sent it overnight, why not!). Got the text it was received on February 19th. Got the letter on February 23rd dated February 16th for NOA1. That seems quick, no? It was form 1-797C Notice of Action. The info here is so helpful (and makes me feel at least somewhat optimistic this will happen before the end of 2018).

So now we are waiting. We went away together to celebrate our engagement at the end of February. He comes next week for a visit and 6 weeks later in June. I will go to Ireland at the beginning of August and he will be back at the end of September and then no more travel planned after that lol. This is the most expensive relationship I've ever had! Thankfully FaceTime is free. 

Since everyone here is waiting on the same timeline, I'm wondering how you attempt to plan things like moving, when he should give notice to his landlord (he has to give 3 months notice), wedding planning, etc. It seems trying to plan anything in a situation like this is impossible. I am struggling with the day to day of being so far away. And when we visit, it's so rushed and intense and then poof gone again. He will come for two weeks in June. That will help. But otherwise it's 5 days or so and jetlag and life and this is hard! Anyone else feeling the same way?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Hi all,

I mailed our application February 12th and it was delivered the 13th (sent it overnight, why not!). Got the text it was received on February 19th. Got the letter on February 23rd dated February 16th for NOA1. That seems quick, no? It was form 1-797C Notice of Action. The info here is so helpful (and makes me feel at least somewhat optimistic this will happen before the end of 2018).

So now we are waiting. We went away together to celebrate our engagement at the end of February. He comes next week for a visit and 6 weeks later in June. I will go to Ireland at the beginning of August and he will be back at the end of September and then no more travel planned after that lol. This is the most expensive relationship I've ever had! Thankfully FaceTime is free. 

Since everyone here is waiting on the same timeline, I'm wondering how you attempt to plan things like moving, when he should give notice to his landlord (he has to give 3 months notice), wedding planning, etc. It seems trying to plan anything in a situation like this is impossible. I am struggling with the day to day of being so far away. And when we visit, it's so rushed and intense and then poof gone again. He will come for two weeks in June. That will help. But otherwise it's 5 days or so and jetlag and life and this is hard! Anyone else feeling the same way?

Yeah, that's the reality of this situation. We have an estimated window of when things will happen, but nothing is concrete. The absolute safest bet is to wait until visa is in hand to give any notice to anyone in regards to work, housing etc. as there is always a chance at every step that there may be some delay, even after "passing" the interview. As far as the housing situation goes, it depends on various factors like having a backup plan or someone to stay with in the case that things get delayed. If there's no fall back, it's best to play it safe. It's up to you guys and what you feel is an acceptable risk. I definitely wouldn't do anything until I got my NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Hi all,

Im sure most of us empathise with this, and it certainly resonates with me. I’m sat on the plane now on the tarmac waiting to leave and wishing with every part of my being that I was Back home with him. It’s so hard leaving every time no matter how we do it. We have tried all sorts of goodbyes! They are all awful. I will see him in less than 2 weeks though in Barcelona so am holding onto that. 

Met: Aug 12, 2016 in San Diego

I129F Sent: Feb 25, 2018

NOA1: Feb 27, 2018

NOA 2: Sep 5, 2018

NVC Number Received: Sep 24, 2018

File Received at US Embassy London: 

Medical Date: October 24th 2018

Interview Date: November 13th 2018

Approved!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Submitted my petition Feburary 28 2018 and received I-797 March 12 2018 informing me that petition was sent to California for processing ( NOA 1 ) now its a waiting game !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/3/2018 at 10:33 PM, vinnie&andy said:

Hi. I recently submitted my I129f form for my beneficiary. He is Colombian and they use two family names: father's last name and then mother's last name. The I129f form asks for FAMILY name and we only wrote his first last name (his father's last name) that is actually his official last name. 

His passport and U.S tourist visa says SURNAME: TWO LAST NAMES  so we are worried now.

Is this issue going to be an RFE?

Has anyone else only written one last name when the person has two?

Thank you so much!

Hello, I don’t know if anyone answered this yet, and I really can’t answer it fully, but my fiance is from Brazil and has two first names and two last names with no middle name. This is common outside of the US but was definitely confusing when filling out the form. I personally put all of the names in the I129f following the format of his passport. I don’t know if it was right but I felt more comfortable putting all the names that are in his birth certificate and passport into the form. I don’t know if not putting all the names will result in an RFE though, I’d just sit tight and hope that it doesn’t.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 2018/4/24 at 4:40 AM, DuddLee said:

Submitted my petition Feburary 28 2018 and received I-797 March 12 2018 informing me that petition was sent to California for processing ( NOA 1 ) now its a waiting game !!

Welcome! If you received NOA1 in March, you are a March filer actually. There's a March filer thread so check that out :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just found this thread, and we’re a Feb Filer (26th recipt date) so through we might as well pop in here and say g’day. 

I know we’re only a little way into the process, but jeepers is stressful and heartbreaking hey! I’ve been trawling the October filers thread and it really seems like blind luck as to if you get a fast worker or get stuck in the line... which for someone like me who appreciates order and propper process means it’s going to drive me crazy!

Hopefully the USCIS continue to smash through cases at a good rate. I’d love to get our NOA2 by mid August- but I know mid September is more likely. 

Looking forward to us all all supporting each other and providing updates when they get cracking on our month. 

Timeline
On 22/04/2018 at 4:18 PM, americaninlove said:

Hi all,

Hi there :)

It's so hard to plan things without having any concrete dates. At the minute it feels like endless waiting which sucks. 

I'm in the process of selling my house and once that's gone through, I'm moving in with my parents until I get NOA2. At that point I'm gonna hand my notice in at work, and as soon as I have the visa in hand I'm  booking my flight and leaving.

I'm using the timeline on here as a guide , I'm working around getting NOA2 mid to late August time. I really hope it gets processed around that time because to move before Christmas and be able to spend the holidays together will be amazing :)

NOA1: February 13th

NOA2: September 4th

NVC case # assigned: September 21st 

Medical @ Knightsbridge: December 5th

Interview: December 17th

event.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, E_G said:

Hi there :)

It's so hard to plan things without having any concrete dates. At the minute it feels like endless waiting which sucks. 

I'm in the process of selling my house and once that's gone through, I'm moving in with my parents until I get NOA2. At that point I'm gonna hand my notice in at work, and as soon as I have the visa in hand I'm  booking my flight and leaving.

I'm using the timeline on here as a guide , I'm working around getting NOA2 mid to late August time. I really hope it gets processed around that time because to move before Christmas and be able to spend the holidays together will be amazing :)

Ur optimism great. Augest would be best scenario. Keep in mind there still people from May 2017 thru Oct 2017 waiting. Don't get ur hopes up on a date. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
Just now, BJ & Christine said:

Ur optimism great. Augest would be best scenario. Keep in mind there still people from May 2017 thru Oct 2017 waiting. Don't get ur hopes up on a date. 

Yes I'm aware. But we have to have some date in mind to work around, i.e. the estimate given on the timeline here, otherwise the experience would be more hellish than it already is, and it would be impossible to get affairs in order (housing, jobs etc). Have a great day:)

NOA1: February 13th

NOA2: September 4th

NVC case # assigned: September 21st 

Medical @ Knightsbridge: December 5th

Interview: December 17th

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nate & Kylie said:

Just found this thread, and we’re a Feb Filer (26th recipt date) so through we might as well pop in here and say g’day. 

I know we’re only a little way into the process, but jeepers is stressful and heartbreaking hey! I’ve been trawling the October filers thread and it really seems like blind luck as to if you get a fast worker or get stuck in the line... which for someone like me who appreciates order and propper process means it’s going to drive me crazy!

Hopefully the USCIS continue to smash through cases at a good rate. I’d love to get our NOA2 by mid August- but I know mid September is more likely. 

Looking forward to us all all supporting each other and providing updates when they get cracking on our month. 

Welcome! You'll never know what's going to happen... You might receive NOA2 by mid August. All we can do now is to stay positive :) I've been trying not to think about the worst-case scenario... (I know I should, but it drives me nuts). It's hard, but we can do this :ph34r:

Edited by Jen_1987

Timeline

Do to my lawyer being a complete dumbass. I’ll be heading to his office for a sit down meeting Monday. To review my application. They screwed up 2 different areas that I have gather info for to send a amendment. Plus, while there will go back over complete form to make sure nothing else was missed.

Keep y’all posted on what happens and what USCIS does. 

For see a very long wait for us. 😢😢😢

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.