JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/7/2018 at 1:58 PM, nurmeer said:

I filed for AOS, EAD, and AP based on marriage to a US citizen from Ba/B2 visa. My case was accepted on Feb 27th, Biometrics was on 29th March. I got one letter in April regarding the expired medical form and haven't received any further RFE or notice yet, the last update with my case online is April 13th for 486, March 23 for EAD and AP. I called uscis, they told me I can expedite my case if I have to start a job. I have faxed my documents but no response yet.

Any idea how long is it taking for the EAD/AP at and for the interview/AOS at Houston, Texas? 

also, if I change my address to a different city where the timeline is shorter, is it going to speed up my case or slow it down?

We just talked to a uscis officer and said we cant expedite a case unless its an emergency 😒....like someone dying ...we were upset cause weve been waiting since October 2017 

♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥

K1 VISA -129F      

12/22/16 (MAILED I-129F  -   6/16/17- INTERVIEW -APPROVED!!

6/27/17- VISA IN HAND & POE

:wub:~~~~~~~~♥GOT MARRIED 07/29/2017♥~~~~~~~~:wub:

AOS

9/28/17 SENT  - 11/13/17 NOTICE OF REJECTION:(

NEW AOS

5/15/18 SENT AOS PACKET

5/18/18 PACKET ARRIVED (DAY 1)  

5/23/18 NOA FOR AOS & RECEIVED TEXT/E-MAIL FOR AOS, AP, EAD :thumbs:

5/25/18 MONEY ORDER CASHED

5/29/18 NOA LETTERS RECEIVED (AOS, AP, EAD)

6/8/18 BIO APPT LETTER RECEIVED (BIO APPT. 6/19)

6/11/18 BIO DONE (WENT IN EARLY ) :dance:

6/12/18 FINGERPRINTS RECEIVED AS PER PHONE CALL TO USCIS

9/28/18 RFE FOR AOS STATUS CHANGE - EAD/AP SAME STATUS (DAY 136):cry:

10/9/18 RECEIVED RFE LETTER 

10/19/18 SENT RFE RESPONSE :ot2:

10/23/18 USCIS UPDATE RECEIVED RFE RESPONSE (DAY 1)

11/6/18 Requested an Inquiry for I-131  (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/8/18 Requested an inquiry for I-765 (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/16/18 EAD/AP CASE APPROVED :dance:

11/19/18 APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED

11/26/18 EAD/AP CARD RECEIVED

11/27/18 USCIS UPDATE "CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW"

12/4/18 USCIS UPDATE "INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED" 

01/10/19 AOS APPOINTMENT! :joy::dance:  APPROVED!!

01/13/19 AOS "APPROVED" Update Text received 

♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥

MY COUSIN A FEBRUARY FILER WHO HAD HIS INTERVIEW AT  Tampa on june 6, on june 7 the status at myacount changed to we are producing your card.

his interview was very nice, they ask for leas but they didnt have, his wife told to the officer that the lease was renew on nobember and my cousin arrived on december and for hat reason she couldnt add him.

they didnt have bank acount and she didnt add to her acount , his wife said as she is the only one working she didnt add him.

they took some pictures and saw his original birth certificate and give it him back.

my cousin paper arrive on februaty 20, no AP oR wORK pERMIT ARRVED BEFORE INTERVEW, 

good luck everybody here

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Good morning everybody! I received a notification from the USCIS website saying “ we have taken an action on your case “. I needed to log into my account but of course it got blocked due to multiple attempts ( I couldn’t remember the password). I’m going to call USCIS to reset my password but any idea what it means??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, nexiou said:

Good morning everybody! I received a notification from the USCIS website saying “ we have taken an action on your case “. I needed to log into my account but of course it got blocked due to multiple attempts ( I couldn’t remember the password). I’m going to call USCIS to reset my password but any idea what it means??

This sound like great news! Thanks for the update. Let us know what it is. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, N & JJ said:

This sound like great news! Thanks for the update. Let us know what it is. 

I called USCIS and they told me there was no update so I don’t know what that means 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think it might just means someone looked at it. The notifications don’t really work though, there is no update since they received the fee and all that even though I’ve had my biometrics appointment in March. I’ll just wait and hope for a letter!

Edited by nexiou

Timeline
16 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Just got some good news!  I just logged into the DHS site and our case has finally switched to "Your card is being produced" as of June 8th.  When I logged in during the morning on Friday, it still said "Your case has been received" so I wasn't expecting this update.  I just logged in on a whim tonight and was surprised to see this status.  So, hopefully, we'll have the green card this week.  I am so happy to have this step almost over.  We also feel very lucky to have gone from submission to card received in only 4 months.  I'll keep checking in and let everyone know once we receive the card.  Good luck everyone!

What a great news!! So happy for you guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
56 minutes ago, nexiou said:

I called USCIS and they told me there was no update so I don’t know what that means 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think it might just means someone looked at it. The notifications don’t really work though, there is no update since they received the fee and all that even though I’ve had my biometrics appointment in March. I’ll just wait and hope for a letter!

I hope it will come soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI all,

We went to our Congressman's office yesterday and filled our an application for assistance with our AOS, EAP and AP applications.  Had a follow up phone call today since the designated person wasn't in at the time. He said that the AOS would take some time as well as the Travel Permit but he should hear something back about the work permit within a few days.  So hopefully some good news will come our way.

BTW it was a very simple process to have a Congressman's office advocate for us. You just have to show up in person.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, JahRyl said:

Hey guys!

Is there any update for feb filers?

Ead approval or GC interview?

thanks

Still no interview for you? Is the case just in a hidden room at the field office? Maybe you can do an SR online. I did one this week since “user-defined” error wont go away and they confirmed mine is still in queue and at NBC. That said heard if file is at field office your interview must be within 2 months, a T2 told someone that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
52 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Still no interview for you? Is the case just in a hidden room at the field office? Maybe you can do an SR online. I did one this week since “user-defined” error wont go away and they confirmed mine is still in queue and at NBC. That said heard if file is at field office your interview must be within 2 months, a T2 told someone that.

Nope , no news still. 

I did booked and infopass for June 27, I tried calling but the customer service agent wont transfer me to T2 and just told me to call back again after a month or so. Being in the customer service industry its very hard for me to persuade them, I must say. haha

Did you receive a reply for your SR? I am thinking of getting a help from our congresswoman, she helped us last year with my K1 case where it has been 3 months since my NOA2 and neither NVC or the US embassy can tell me where my case was. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.