JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Due to hurricane Lane heading for the Hawaiian Islands, the USCIS is rescheduling appointments for folks scheduled for 8/23 - 24

Ours was rescheduled to October. 😢  Another month of waiting....

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, HappyBunny said:

How accurate is the processing times on UCIS website? For ex. If it says they are working on Feb 05 PD... how accurate is that? Anyone has any idea? 

The most accurate one is the timeline provided by visajourney and its users.

Spoiler

I-129F sent - April 24th 2017     CSC date received - April 27th 2017   NOA1 date - May 1st 2017

RFE - CSC sent October 2nd (case tracker shows 27th September)  RFE - received October 5th  RFE - sent back to CSC  October 6th  RFE- CSC received -October 7th (case tracker shows October 13th) 

NOA2 date - October 18th 2017(case tracker shows October 19th), NOA2 Hard copy -October 24th;  NVC #assigned - November 15th NVC left November 21st

Consulate received - November 28th Packet 3 sent - December 18th; Packet 4 received - December 22nd; Medical exam - January 3rd 2018; Interview -January 17th 2018 APPROVED

Visa issued - January 18th Visa delivered - January 19th POE - January 28th

AOS+EAD+AP

Package sent Feb 23rd 2018, Delivered Feb 26th 2018, NOA1 - text and email confirmations March 8th 2018, NOA1 - hard copies received March 12th 2018

Biometrics appointement - March 30th 2018 (requests received March 16th), 2nd Biometrics appointment for EAD for one of my K2s - April 16 2018

New card is being prepared for I-765 - August 13 2018 (online status), Card is mailed - August 16 2018 (online status), Received approvals for i-130 and i-765, also letter for interview - August 17 2018, Status updated to USPS received your Card - August 17 2018, EAD/AP combo cards received in mailbox - August 18 2018,

SSN cards(K1+K2) received in mailbox August 20 2018

Interview - August 29 2018 Green card for me K1 received September 7th 2018, K2s received 2 weeks later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, HappyBunny said:

How accurate is the processing times on UCIS website? For ex. If it says they are working on Feb 05 PD... how accurate is that? Anyone has any idea? 

Hi for what local office or just a general processing times for all cases? My husbands Pd is feb 1.we are Los Angeles. No update

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 8/17/2018 at 3:06 PM, HappyBunny said:

Hey everyone.  Anyone knows how many months more or less it takes after "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" to actually get the interview? 

Ours was less than a month after we received the ready for an interview and the actual interview date 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just an update we got our green card. One week and a day after our interview. We were approved via text and email alert 20 minutes after we left our interview. Now finally we have a much needed respite. Now just wait a year and 9 months to apply to remove conditions. The IO stared male sure to wait until the year and 9 months pass before you apply or they’ll return your packet. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Also we enlisted our congressman as her combo card was outside normal time lines. They pushed to have the green card expedited and it worked. Combo card was received less than a month after their inquiry

I applied for AOS from B-2 visa in February based on marriage to a us citizen, got my work permit in June. My husband and I have moved to San Antonio for our jobs, our family home is still in Houston which is our reference address. Now, I have been hearing that I will have to change my address to San Antonio and it will put my application in delay as my case will be processed according to September 2018 instead of February 2018. Is that true? We are currently in a temporary apartment and plan to change apartment in 6 months. Does changing address negatively impact the interview timeline for green card? Any help or experiences in this regard?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone 

We had our interview today. The IO was nice. Didn't ask much.  Just how we met,  do we have kids,  do we plan to have kids,  what does my husband plan to do for a living,  what do i do for a living.  He read thru all the questions we answered in the packet.  

He told us he will approve us and that we can expect the card in the mail between 1 to 2 months. Does it really take that long to get the card!?!?!?!?

Our case status is "card is being processed "

Decided to check my wife's AOS status and we now have the "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" status.  One thing I noticed, it states "As of March 21, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485...".  That's quite a bit of time ago for it to be updated now... Is this normal?  We haven't received any updates in the mail other than the "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" (the last one being Aug 27, 2018).  If the interview hasn't been scheduled, and we're still waiting, and will be soon, it might be problematic since she is leaving the county for 2 months (using her EAD AP card).  If it is scheduled while she's gone, would it be possible to have it rescheduled for a different date?

Edited by t1m1t

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview went well today so I have been APPROVED on spot. 

Like others stated they go by the AOS application form, it was only for 10 minutes. Officer didn't check any documents or copies, just asked for something new after I came in USA, took my library card print shot with my address on it and  pictures from the wedding ( I printed on A4 paper sheets some of them). I think it was just a formal meeting, they had already taken decision. My card should arrive by 1 week or 2, since my K2 boys cards will arrive in one month as they don't have their files here in the USCIS office yet.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting!

I will let you know once I have my card in hands :)

Spoiler

I-129F sent - April 24th 2017     CSC date received - April 27th 2017   NOA1 date - May 1st 2017

RFE - CSC sent October 2nd (case tracker shows 27th September)  RFE - received October 5th  RFE - sent back to CSC  October 6th  RFE- CSC received -October 7th (case tracker shows October 13th) 

NOA2 date - October 18th 2017(case tracker shows October 19th), NOA2 Hard copy -October 24th;  NVC #assigned - November 15th NVC left November 21st

Consulate received - November 28th Packet 3 sent - December 18th; Packet 4 received - December 22nd; Medical exam - January 3rd 2018; Interview -January 17th 2018 APPROVED

Visa issued - January 18th Visa delivered - January 19th POE - January 28th

AOS+EAD+AP

Package sent Feb 23rd 2018, Delivered Feb 26th 2018, NOA1 - text and email confirmations March 8th 2018, NOA1 - hard copies received March 12th 2018

Biometrics appointement - March 30th 2018 (requests received March 16th), 2nd Biometrics appointment for EAD for one of my K2s - April 16 2018

New card is being prepared for I-765 - August 13 2018 (online status), Card is mailed - August 16 2018 (online status), Received approvals for i-130 and i-765, also letter for interview - August 17 2018, Status updated to USPS received your Card - August 17 2018, EAD/AP combo cards received in mailbox - August 18 2018,

SSN cards(K1+K2) received in mailbox August 20 2018

Interview - August 29 2018 Green card for me K1 received September 7th 2018, K2s received 2 weeks later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, Noonymoon said:

Hi everyone 

We had our interview today. The IO was nice. Didn't ask much.  Just how we met,  do we have kids,  do we plan to have kids,  what does my husband plan to do for a living,  what do i do for a living.  He read thru all the questions we answered in the packet.  

He told us he will approve us and that we can expect the card in the mail between 1 to 2 months. Does it really take that long to get the card!?!?!?!?

Our case status is "card is being processed "

Hi and congratulations! What local office did you go for interview? My husbands case is Pd February 1 Los Angeles. We haven’t received interview 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, t1m1t said:

Decided to check my wife's AOS status and we now have the "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" status.  One thing I noticed, it states "As of March 21, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485...".  That's quite a bit of time ago for it to be updated now... Is this normal?  We haven't received any updates in the mail other than the "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" (the last one being Aug 27, 2018).  If the interview hasn't been scheduled, and we're still waiting, and will be soon, it might be problematic since she is leaving the county for 2 months (using her EAD AP card).  If it is scheduled while she's gone, would it be possible to have it rescheduled for a different date?

Is your wife adjusting status from student (F1 visa). I thought of checking my status and it says the same for me too. I tried to look online and it seems it’s just some generic update that’s not important. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.