mercy86

almsot 6 months since NOA1 and nothing (merged)

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I also have NOA1 dated May 22... still waiting...

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
8 hours ago, mercy86 said:

So our official received date at the California center was 8/9/2017. Yhree months now and I have not received any other news. Any recommendations to speed this process? Why is this taking so long, I heard of cases where 3 months in and your fiancé would be here. How much longer is this going to take? 

There's no way for you to speed it up. You have to wait at least a few more months and then another 2-3 for the NVC and interview (if there's no RFE).

I heard of some positions where you can earn a million dollars a year but of course it's not that clear. No matter what you've heard. Every case is different but there's an average time frame of what I posted above.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
9 hours ago, mercy86 said:

So our official received date at the California center was 8/9/2017. Yhree months now and I have not received any other news. Any recommendations to speed this process? Why is this taking so long, I heard of cases where 3 months in and your fiancé would be here. How much longer is this going to take? 

Mercy86 your time will come, but unfortunately with a wait.  Our's was 165 days, 2 May was our date and we received approval on  14 Oct.  It will happen, don't lose the faith, they are just backed up.  Don't count on all the apps, do your do diligence and keep bugging the USCIS, but give it until at least 160 days unfortunately.  I had all the apps and email registered, no notice response from them, even to this day and we were approved on 14 Oct.  Thank goodness for VJ and reading all the advice, I kept calling USCIS 3x in 2 weeks once we hit 160 days and then it happened, they told me, no app told me.   Patience is key in this dang process, it's very trying, but don't lose hope!!!  Good luck and keep the faith!!

13 hours ago, mercy86 said:

I understand how you feel. I went into this thinking the average time for NO2 from NO1 was 3 months or roughly 100 days. My official NO1 date is October 16th so I have a ways to go too. I got on this site and realized how behind they are. May filers are just now getting their NO2's and some sadly still haven't. I'm hoping they get it picked back up soon because I would really love to get married at the very latest May 2018. Hang in there, it's coming just have to be patient. Take deep breaths and like every other optimist on this page says remember why you're doing this. That's a lot coming from me because I'm not a big optimist. Hope you hear something soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Day 183

Still nothing received date May 15th, Tomorrow marks the actual 6 month mark waiting for NOA2. K1 cases last year through FY16 3 quarters was 39,868 k1 petitions. This year with the fees increased through the same 3 quarters the FY2017 load is 38,344 K1 petitions. So that is not the heavy backlog as last year there were more cases and the processing time was half of what it is now. So lets look at the overall picture. Since all visa types are in the same mix, and since they claim to process in order of receipt (which we know they don't). FY2016 received cases through 3 quarters, 5,745,173 petitions. Through the same 3 quarters of FY2017 6,609,133 petitions. Now there is the backlog, additional  +863,960 cases for this fiscal year 2017 through just 3 quarters (FY17 4th quarter results ending September 30th, unknown at this point). The movement of processing all 129f petitions at one location (CSC) over them all causes the back up of them. Take that all the other cases are most likely spread out over all the rest of the service centers. So if you had to guess why it is taking so much longer than last year then we look at what has changed that we can see. (1) All 129f cases moved to be processed at CSC. (2) Heavy number of cases from other types of Visas that may or may not take priority over K1 visas.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wait like everyone else

this page will tell you why you wait as it has stats on the number on non immigrant visas for years 2012 thru 2016 and if you check the site, you will see how the numbers have increased

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/statistics/non-immigrant-visas.html

this is all handled by 19000 immigration employee including border patrol, embassies staff, POE officers at airports as of 12 2016

We are the 19,000 government employees and contractors of USCIS working at 223 offices across the world. ... USCIS' strategic goals include: Strengthening the security and integrity of the immigration system.Dec 30, 2016 

from this site

https://www.uscis.gov/aboutus

these are both offical USCIS government sites

15 hours ago, mercy86 said:

patience is key in this process. keep yourself busy, and go visit him/her in the process. 6 months is the waiting rate for NOA2 right now, if there isn't an RFE

We are all going through it... the best thing for me is working my butt off and the time passes quickly.... i was always taught "A WATCHED POT NEVER BOILS"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rest assured, its coming. Ours was delayed and took almost one year from start to finish. USCIS lost our petition and it was never sent to the NVC. I eventually got my state senator involved. It didn't take long after that. USCIS found our file(s) in a box tucked away in a storage area. 

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

There was an article that was linked on the VJ Facebook page that said the anticipated timelines will be approaching 10 months soon.  They didn't really state any solid reason but it does seem to be accurate.  If NOA2 will start taking 10 months, the cheaper and easier CR visas will start to look very enticing.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
27 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

There was an article that was linked on the VJ Facebook page that said the anticipated timelines will be approaching 10 months soon.  They didn't really state any solid reason but it does seem to be accurate.  If NOA2 will start taking 10 months, the cheaper and easier CR visas will start to look very enticing.  

I'm keeping a very close eye on VJ. We were planning to file in December while I'll be visiting. Still not 100% convinced we shouldn't just go for our CR1.

I thought I read somewhere that they are expediting visa's from disaster area's which caused the backlog? Can't remember where I read that.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

4 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

I'm keeping a very close eye on VJ. We were planning to file in December while I'll be visiting. Still not 100% convinced we shouldn't just go for our CR1.

I thought I read somewhere that they are expediting visa's from disaster area's which caused the backlog? Can't remember where I read that.

The only expediting I've seen has been for active military so far.  I haven't heard of any for disaster areas but it may be true.  There were only about 5 expedited June petitions out of 3800 that I've seen.  They are very rare.

If the article is true, the total time for K-1 from NOA1 to POE would be 13+ months.  The CR visas are currently at 12 to 14 and trending quicker.  With the CR, the beneficiary will have the GC in that time frame.  With the K-1 the GC is another year and a few thousand dollars more.  It is a tough call now.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
19 hours ago, mercy86 said:

Hola, yo soy de fecha 31may17 y aun no hemos recibido nuestra NOA2 tenemos fe que esta semana ya deberemos de recibir noticias... Animo que es un proceso largo pero vale la pena 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got out NOA1 on May 11th 2017 now 187 days later still waiting on NOA2, wait sucks and its a pain that it takes so long. And its frustrating when you see other cases after yours get approved and you are still waiting. Its a long long waiting game and the last time i called the center they said its an average now of 6-8 months for noa2s. Im just past the 6th month mark and hoping to get it before the end of the year.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Yes unfortunately the wait time between NOA1 & NOA2 for a K1 has skyrocketed in the last year. It was about 50-60 day average back in October 2016, now pushing into the 180+ range.

It is insane how much the entire process has suddenly lagged. I assume it is shifting of personnel to new priorities/work from the office that handles the K1's.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.