TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

We actually just got the visa!  He had lost his tracking receipt, but it made it in less than 24 hours :)  Travel booked as well, he'll be getting in late on Thursday!  It sucks you've had bad experiences on Air NZ - mine have all been great.  The most I ever paid was $2600 USD to fly right before Christmas...yikes.  

We're both big cyclists so the bike was non-negotiable, haha - as soon as the snow and ice melts here we'll be back at it!  I told him to just put a strap on the box and drag it through the airport...honestly not sure what he's gonna do, but I'm sure he'll manage.  All he has to do is make it through Customs, re-check it, and he'll be on his way.  Already worried about how I'm gonna get a wedding dress over next year - good thing I don't like tulle!

I picked mine up at the post office. Visa in hand and 15 days to go. So has he already left NZ? Or next Thursday? I am travelling with my wedding dress to the states, it's a huge dress with a a lot of crinoline under it. I purchased the wedding transport box from a company in Illinois called foster stevens, inc it's a special acid free box with acid free tissue paper, no doubt I will have to steam iron but I fell inlove with it and had to have it, so it's coming with my carry on.

I am so excited for us!

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

52 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

OMG interview in..... about 13 hours. I am SOOOOOOOO nervous! 

dont' be :) u got this!!!! <3 

can't wait to hear your feedback afterwards!

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

It may be a late reaction but wooooohooooooo to @John & Rose !!!! Yes, yes, yes!!! I am super happy that they finally touched your case. Congratulations! :wub:

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 2/20/2018 at 6:02 PM, Naes said:

Oh man not again...

call uscis ask if they again sent it to NRC or something....

So apparently my case was sent back to USCIS from NVC for additional processing/re-adjudication, and a re-approval/decision can take up to....180 days. So starting the wait again, I guess. :((( Anyone hear of this happening before?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nicolenpaul said:

I’m happy to say my Fiancé did the interview (Wednesday) at the consulate in Lagos, Nigeria (without his physical results) and was approved but had to bring them to DHL the next day (today) when they were ready. So the wait for the visa is 5 to 10 days. We are sooo happy. Wedding is March 16th.  Thank u all for the support, u kept me sane thru this chaotic process. 

congrats! what kinda questions did they ask him? did he happen to notice if they were approving other k1 visas too?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, sammylee116 said:

So apparently my case was sent back to USCIS from NVC for additional processing/re-adjudication, and a re-approval/decision can take up to....180 days. So starting the wait again, I guess. :((( Anyone hear of this happening before?

I Did saw the status but you're the first one I hear.....

did they hey at least tell you why (of course not they tell nothing...)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 hours ago, vocaledge said:

Dude you got this! Soon you will be on your way home!B-)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, vocaledge said:

Yayyy gooo vocaledge goooo!!! 😁

It will be awesome and finish in a second with a nice welcome to America! ❤️

I tried posting a cheerleading gif....

i lost all the knowledge from you guys trying to teach me how to use a gif....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, LydiaP said:

I just got off the phone with Tier II. They told me my case is currently being adjudicated and they have no other information. No timeline for receiving any information or hearing anything. I've been told to try calling back in 30 days.

Try to keep your head up, I know it has been rough for you. Although slowly--your day is coming. Stay positive. Hugs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

I Did saw the status but you're the first one I hear.....

did they hey at least tell you why (of course not they tell nothing...)

Nope, just that the State Department requested additional review. Back to the bottom of the pile for us. :(

Timeline
3 hours ago, o0o said:

congrats! what kinda questions did they ask him? did he happen to notice if they were approving other k1 visas too?

From what my fiancé said he basically asked who were in the pictures and scanned the pictures. He also asked questions such as how did you propose and what kind of work does your fiancé do etc.  He didn’t take all the documents,  they took the tax statements the DS 160 but no call logs or chat logs.  My fiancé went at 1 PM so there was no wait there was only one other guy there and he was in and out within about an hour. He said that the person asking questions in such a conversational manner that it was easist interview he’s been on.

Timeline
Just now, Nicolenpaul said:

From what my fiancé said he basically asked who were in the pictures and scanned the pictures. He also asked questions such as how did you propose and what kind of work does your fiancé do etc.  He didn’t take all the documents,  they took the tax statements the DS 160 but no call logs or chat logs.  My fiancé went at 1 PM so there was no wait there was only one other guy there and he was in and out within about an hour. He said that the person asking questions in such a conversational manner that it was easist interview he’s been on.

He said only one other guy there and he was for K1 but he had a special case cause he was previously denied and he was reapplying under a different fiancé 😳. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.