1,031 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My case says "Ready" and DS-160 has been submitted but it's saying my receipt number is not valid!  This is for Philippines and I'm trying to pay online.  Do I have to wait some time?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
36 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

My case says "Ready" and DS-160 has been submitted but it's saying my receipt number is not valid!  This is for Philippines and I'm trying to pay online.  Do I have to wait some time?

Yes, you have to wait until the system is updated. I'm from Peru and I had the same problem :wacko: 

My fiance called the NVC and they told him that the process takes up to three days ... Patience ... I'm also waiting and trying all the time :jest:

Edited by Angeles123

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Angeles123 said:

Yes, you have to wait until the system is updated. I'm from Peru and I had the same problem :wacko: 

My fiance called the NVC and they told him that the process takes up to three days ... Patience ... I'm also waiting and trying all the time :jest:

Thanks!  I was getting concerned.  All this time waiting, just getting anxious now!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Thanks!  I was getting concerned.  All this time waiting, just getting anxious now!

Yes! I feel the same!  But very soon we will have grandefull notices, there is very little left! ^_^

4 hours ago, Ana Maria said:

We are finally in Transit to Rio....

Email from NVC to me and beneficiary:

he National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiance(e)'s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy in RIO DE JANEIRO, BRZL. The U.S. Embassy will contact your fiance(e) when they are ready to schedule a visa interview.

In the meantime, please have your fiance(e) and his or her children visit http://ceac.state.gov and complete Form DS-160, the online nonimmigrant visa application that is used for a K visa.

We received the same email today :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stemar said:

We received the same email today :jest:

We too!!!:jest: just a couple minutes ago!!

Edited by MaSi

Timeline

I will have to say, I'm quite amazed and quite happy how quick the process went after appoval!  After all the horror stories last year, they definitely stepped it up!  Kudos to NVC:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
23 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

HI guys!

NOA1: 6 July 2017

NOA2: 9 Feb 2018

Are we still supposed to wait the full two weeks before calling NVC now that the times are (possibly temporarily) shrinking?

Thanks!

They got mine 16 days after the NOA2 

Question for the affidavit of support... What evidence are you submitting? We just submit what it said in the instruction as follows:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details 
regarding the account:
(1) Date account opened;
(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and
(3) Present balance.
B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:
(1) Date and nature of employment;
(2) Salary paid; and
(3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent

Now I see people talking about W2 and pay stubs... is it necessary? Or are we good with the evidence listed as in the instructions?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Stemar said:

Question for the affidavit of support... What evidence are you submitting? We just submit what it said in the instruction as follows:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details 
regarding the account:
(1) Date account opened;
(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and
(3) Present balance.
B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:
(1) Date and nature of employment;
(2) Salary paid; and
(3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent

Now I see people talking about W2 and pay stubs... is it necessary? Or are we good with the evidence listed as in the instructions?

I would say you're good, I read all that too but their site does not request that.  I plan to take a copy of my W2 (I saw can do I-864 EZ as well if W2 will cover the 125% poverty guideline and other items to meet criteria as well).  I would think most people could settle with the EZ form and just need copy of W2.  Saw all this on same website I believe you're looking at as well.

I understand people's concern but they don't ask for it.  If near poverty of 125% then I would definitely want to take extra showing more funds in reserve and stuff.

Timeline

answering my own question. I already have my interview, after the Noa2, everything goes fast. Two months!

After the "ready", you have to wait a little to schedule the appointment. I got scared with the message "you're not ready for interview". We called, they told us that we have to wait a couple of days for the system to be updated and it is true! 

We are very nervous and happy! We wish success for all! :)

Hello all, quick question! does anyone know what the expiration date on the NOA2 mean? The NOA2 I received in the mail says it is valid from 02/08/2018 to 06/07/2018. Does it mean my fiance would have to have her interview scheduled before then? And what happens if the consulate cannot process the petition before the expiration date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mario B said:

Hello all, quick question! does anyone know what the expiration date on the NOA2 mean? The NOA2 I received in the mail says it is valid from 02/08/2018 to 06/07/2018. Does it mean my fiance would have to have her interview scheduled before then? And what happens if the consulate cannot process the petition before the expiration date?

I asked this question before. I think @Naes answered and said that I would need to contact my consulate to ask for more time... maybe its the same for u... Please know that im not 100% sure on this..

Package mailed USPS         : May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                : May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Email received           : May 28, 2018

NOA 1 Mail received             : June 01, 2018 ( NOA 1 date marked May 24, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received : June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     : June 19, 2018 

NEXT ?????????????????????????????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.