pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, helnazedain said:

You're not going to enter the receipt number. Just keep pressing the option that says "(still) can't find my receipt number" and it'll eventually connect you to a human being. :P I posted the numbers to press here around page 54 I think. I'll look for it later but I think it's 1-2-2-2.

Ohh ok thanks much will do tomorrow

On 4/1/2018 at 5:23 AM, helnazedain said:

The exact same thing happened to me in February. :) Your interview schedule is will most likely be a month after the letter was sent. My letter was sent on Feb 27 and my interview is on April 3.

And to answer your question, no it doesn't, but keep in mind that EAD and AP will not be necessary once you get your green card. So if you get approved on your interview, they *may* no longer send you your EAD and AP. I still don't have any news about mine and I'm not worried. All I gotta do is pass the interviw on Tuesday. :)

Thanks for the information. Best of luck with your upcoming interview!

Hi everyone!

So my wife and I filed her AOS packet in January.  USCIS case statuses show that the i-485 was received on Feb 3, and both i-765 and i-131 were received on Jan 26.  We later got NOA and completed biometrics on the given appointment date.  We then experienced the same error that many people are experiencing for my wife's i-485:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

• User-Defined Error

It's still consistently showing the error, but when logging into our USCIS Case Status online account, we saw the same "received on Feb 3" status, until about 5 minutes ago where it says nothing, a weird message about my IP address being locked out, or shows her i-131 case status.  No emails and/or physical mail have been received.  Should I be worried...?

9 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Does anybody know approx. how long it would take to get the green card after the interview?

I dont know with certainty, but by doing research and looking at other forums ive seen if its a smooth process and nothing else is needed is approximately 10-15 days after the interview. 

On 4/1/2018 at 5:24 AM, Wayoo said:

Got a mail just now saying my ead is in production..

88 days so far.

Expedite request and service request were both done.

Also, seemed the help of my congressman awhile back too. 

Really happy.

Did you expedite based on a job offer? 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

I dont know with certainty, but by doing research and looking at other forums ive seen if its a smooth process and nothing else is needed is approximately 10-15 days after the interview. 

Did you expedite based on a job offer? 

Wouldn't really call it a job offer as I couldn't get interviewed due to non availability of necessary documents.

However, what I did was to claim financial loss and then faxed in my medical bill with a due date and an email correspondence between me and a potential employer together with an explanation of how I would be able to foot my medical bill if only I could get a job.

That's all.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

So calling uscis abt the dreaded error was of no help. Called 3 times today and was told 3 times by different reps that they can't view my case becuz of the error and due to high level call volume level 2 customer support not accepting calls at this time!! So I'm just not going to worry abt it and wait to see what the outcome will be. On the flip side of that I did get the email this morning that says they last worked on my case March 19th  nothing new so 🤷🏻. Anyways Good luck to all those who received interview letters and congrats to all the approvals 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I checked the informed delivery this morning and there's a letter coming from the National Benefits Center today! I can't wait for the mail lady to come later today!

Fingers crossed! Even if it's an RFE, it's better than no changes in my cases. At least that's what I think. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
53 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

I checked the informed delivery this morning and there's a letter coming from the National Benefits Center today! I can't wait for the mail lady to come later today!

Fingers crossed! Even if it's an RFE, it's better than no changes in my cases. At least that's what I think. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

Lmao I’m happy for u and fingers and toes crossed lol anxiously waiting to hear what it is lol

I saw a letter from USCIS through informed delivery this morning too! And when I was out getting lunch, I got an email from our lawyer saying she received my EAD and AP and green card appointment letter for May 3rd!!! I know USCIS will send a copy of everything they send to your lawyer so I’ll get the interview letter later today too. Good luck everyone still waiting I think this is a very good month! 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
3 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

I saw a letter from USCIS through informed delivery this morning too! And when I was out getting lunch, I got an email from our lawyer saying she received my EAD and AP and green card appointment letter for May 3rd!!! I know USCIS will send a copy of everything they send to your lawyer so I’ll get the interview letter later today too. Good luck everyone still waiting I think this is a very good month! 

Congrats..

Did your i485 status change after biometrics fees received? 

(On both Uscis platforms I mean)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.