pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

Mine is hand written and I haven't received any RFEs throughout the whole process.  It's pretty badly hand written too.  

That's really frustrating to hear but I guess it's the luck of the draw. I know I'm not the only one who got this RFIE. Mine is very well written and very clear to read. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

3 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Your guess is as good as mine. Basically all UK filers have had this problem.

We all assume the issue is because birth certificates in the UK are hand written. 

I'm sorry I haven't got any answer for you... but you have got me worried that mine will now be rejected, although this is the first I have heard of this throughout my journey and I've used my birth certificate several times. I'll have a look into it.

1 minute ago, S*UK said:

That's really frustrating to hear but I guess it's the luck of the draw. I know I'm not the only one who got this RFIE. Mine is very well written and very clear to read. 

As an American, apologies for my country's bureaucracy.  That's simply unacceptable that they can't be bothered to read something that's clearly in English.

7 minutes ago, S*UK said:

I have just done some reading on British expats, a couple ho got the same RFE sent another copy recorded mail with a cover letter basically saying this is English already and it was accepted. The general consensus from the thread I just read seems to be that it is an error on USCIS's part.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, gtiorobertsf said:

I know that it happened sunday night. before that it was only listed as received.   She didn't say there would be an update as to the status. I was hoping that would be the case but she didn't confirm it.

Hello! I can’t still view my status as of now. How about you?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Julia80 said:

Oh dear... that's four of us now!!

that makes five of us. i got the same thing too. I think we should go by what the letter says and not what the system says. I am not going to call. I will go with the flow.

2 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

My case checkers are working.

But a friend just told me earlier tonight that if he tries to track his number it's not working.

Maybe a bug!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

My case checkers are working.

But a friend just told me earlier tonight that if he tries to track his number it's not working.

Maybe a bug!

It started since Sunday. I don’t know why

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Still not working for me. Seems there are a number of us .I’m not going to worry too much.

8 hours ago, lafe4c said:

that makes five of us. i got the same thing too. I think we should go by what the letter says and not what the system says. I am not going to call. I will go with the flow.

That makes six of us. I got mine updated last night with “employment-based interview was scheduled.” Weird am filing for aos based on marriage (pd january 2). I have not gotten any mail yet though. So we’ll see. 

4 hours ago, Qohelet said:

That makes six of us. I got mine updated last night with “employment-based interview was scheduled.” Weird am filing for aos based on marriage (pd january 2). I have not gotten any mail yet though. So we’ll see. 

I am definitely not going to call. It says in the letter that i received that it is marriage based so i will just go with that for now and show up at the interview.

There is no way they made a mistake with the letter that they mailed so im thinking that it should be a computer error or smth!

Have you guys received anything about EAD yet ? 

1 hour ago, Laura123 said:

I am definitely not going to call. It says in the letter that i received that it is marriage based so i will just go with that for now and show up at the interview.

There is no way they made a mistake with the letter that they mailed so im thinking that it should be a computer error or smth!

Have you guys received anything about EAD yet ? 

I read somewhere that it's a bug, but I also read somewhere that it's "employment based" because they intend to bypass the EAD.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
31 minutes ago, aspiringnobody said:

I read somewhere that it's a bug, but I also read somewhere that it's "employment based" because they intend to bypass the EAD.

In addition to the letter, I received this email below, so I will totally ignore the update on USCIS page:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: MSC............

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview 

On March 20, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC.......... We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived). 

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.