Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2018 at 6:22 PM, Charlesnglenda said:

You both are supposed to have your own separate intent to marry letter 

We both submitted Letters of Intent to Marry. Magically, my fiance's letter somehow was lost in translation and USCIS is requesting a new one for him, the Beneficiary... Ask and you shall receive:whistle: ... We will comply... we have no choice... letter is on it's way from DR and I will send it to California once I receive it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Simrose73 said:

We both submitted Letters of Intent to Marry. Magically, my fiance's letter somehow was lost in translation and USCIS is requesting a new one for him, the Beneficiary... Ask and you shall receive:whistle: ... We will comply... we have no choice... letter is on it's way from DR and I will send it to California once I receive it. 

He can scan & email this to you. It does not need to be original. 

02/06/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/08/18 - USCIS received package

02/14/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

02/20/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

08/17/18 - NOA2 Notification (email & website)

08/20/18 - Hard copy NOA2 received

09/04/18 -  Case received at NVC

09/05/18 -  NVC Case number assigned

09/20/18 - Embassy Received Case “Ready”

10/01/18 - Medical Exam Appointment

10/03/18 - Interview Appointment - Approved pending Medical Exam test results

12/14/18 - Visa Received

12/24/18 - POE to USA (Detroit)

03/03/19 - Wedding!

event.png

5 minutes ago, gavin923 said:

He can scan & email this to you. It does not need to be original. 

I was under impression that all signatures must be original...

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Simrose73 said:

Not anymore. The rule changed in 2016 to be more “user friendly”

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Draft Memorandum for Comment/PED_SignatureRequirementPM.pdf

(See page 3, 2nd paragraph)

Edited by gavin923

02/06/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/08/18 - USCIS received package

02/14/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

02/20/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

08/17/18 - NOA2 Notification (email & website)

08/20/18 - Hard copy NOA2 received

09/04/18 -  Case received at NVC

09/05/18 -  NVC Case number assigned

09/20/18 - Embassy Received Case “Ready”

10/01/18 - Medical Exam Appointment

10/03/18 - Interview Appointment - Approved pending Medical Exam test results

12/14/18 - Visa Received

12/24/18 - POE to USA (Detroit)

03/03/19 - Wedding!

event.png

22 minutes ago, Simrose73 said:

16 minutes ago, gavin923 said:

Not anymore. The rule changed in 2016 to be more “user friendly”

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Draft Memorandum for Comment/PED_SignatureRequirementPM.pdf

(See page 3, 2nd paragraph)

This is true they don't require a wet signature anymore. BUT they could always request one if they want to. That memo also states in the fine print:

"If USCIS has reason to question the signature it may request the original document or more evidence from the requestor in accordance"

So there is always a possibility that they will need an original anyway. I say why risk it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Joulie & Victor said:

they are still working on them, either they haven't touched your case or currently on someone's desk collecting dust like the rest of us :(

So when the files comes in they sit on the desk or is every file scanned in the system?

5 minutes ago, EmmNM said:

This is true they don't require a wet signature anymore. BUT they could always request one if they want to. That memo also states in the fine print:

"If USCIS has reason to question the signature it may request the original document or more evidence from the requestor in accordance"

So there is always a possibility that they will need an original anyway. I say why risk it?

True, we don't want to risk another RFE and as such, delay the NOA2 even further... so will wait for the original letter to come and I will send the original Intent to Marry, just to be safe. Thank you all for the very helpful advice. Much appreciated!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2018 said:

So when the files comes in they sit on the desk or is every file scanned in the system?

I don't know the actual procedure but from what i know so far it is scanned into the system when they receive it. so it got scanned 6 months ago. they have a physical copy(which will most likely be sent to NVC, then to the embassy) but the e-file is for the office staff I think (so they can all have access to it)

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

There’s reason to believe that your case may have been approved but it just hasn’t been updated into the system yet. For me, my case was approved on July 12 in the new website but I didn’t find out about it until the 14th. And I have been checking the website everyday. Lots of other filers have experienced the same thing. Where their NOA2 was approved a couple of days before it showed in the system. So please be patient, I’m sure your approval is just around the corner. 😊

Timeline

Old Website Is Still Not Working, So No Scans Available.... Sorry!

I'll probably check again later this week.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hmmmm....another day done....another day with no news....another day wondering why we are the unlucky ones left behind with no anwsers....wondering will we be one of those waiting 8+ months....trying to be patient...thinking we got our hopes up thinking this process takes 5-7 months, it would have been maybe better to not have had any time frame. Well....maybe not because we would have still wondered “when” always. Well I guess it’s time to just resolve this will take much more time then originaly thought and as another poster wrote....don’t let it stop life. Live life and get use to the waiting game. The false hope that there will be a downpour of approvals, the false hope it’s today we will hear, the false hope it’s this week....well it only seems to make me more anxious. So I guess “stop thinking about it” ....enjoy life....keep doing what you can.....one day.....WHO KNOWS WHEN.... we will move on to the next step in this waiting game. Get use to it 😏. HMMMM and I guess don’t plan anything, because with this process it’s impossible to plan. I’m a planner....and having no plan makes me anxious. Well 😏.... that’s life. And that’s how it goes when you court someone in another country. 

Lol I realize now.....we both we’re clueless how this process goes. Discovering visajourney has educated us.....lol we thought waiting 6-7 months was long...now we can see, that’s lol only for some people....others it’s a much longer process. Hmmmm....seems we are one of those who just better settle down for the wait. Yea ☺️ Lost hope we will be lucky and hear soon....preparing my mind now this will be a WAIT! GET USE TO IT! DONT LET IT MAKE ME ANXIOUS ANYMORE AND ROB MY JOY! 

In in three weeks I will be with my love....the thought was to stay until the interview and fly home together. Now I guess the thought is just to be together and if we can manage somehow to the end of the wait together and not have to come back to America alone for more waiting 😭, then 💕.... it will be wonderful. This is my prayer 🙏🏻

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
19 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

Hmmmm....another day done....another day with no news....another day wondering why we are the unlucky ones left behind with no anwsers....

I know the feeling, I am having the exact same thoughts. what if..... I'm also a planner and everyone keeps asking me if i've heard anything yet and not knowing the answer is so frustrating and i know my family and friends are supportive and all but asking every week or everytime they talk to me or see me isnt helpful, it just brings my mood down. answering them with 'soon soon'. well i've been saying soon for like a month now lol. Thank god for work to keep me busy. I am praying for all of us to get through this without going insane.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
1 minute ago, Joulie & Victor said:

I know the feeling, I am having the exact same thoughts. what if..... I'm also a planner and everyone keeps asking me if i've heard anything yet and not knowing the answer is so frustrating and i know my family and friends are supportive and all but asking every week or everytime they talk to me or see me isnt helpful, it just brings my mood down. answering them with 'soon soon'. well i've been saying soon for like a month now lol. Thank god for work to keep me busy. I am praying for all of us to get through this without going insane.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.