mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, skaratso said:

Today we got the return receipt that we put on the AOS application when we mailed it to the Chicago Lockbox. It only came 2 weeks after we got the NOA forms, so like, the government was faster than the post office. Or... they hung on to the card for two weeks before mailing it back to us. :P

Also, along with the return receipt we got our appointment for the biometrics. Which is in a week. So, I get to take a day off work to drive 2 and a half hours each way for what is going to be a 30 minute appointment, tops, because my wife can't get her driver's license until she gets her EAD or green card (whichever comes first). Fun, fun. But... the process is moving forward, so I suppose we shouldn't complain.

I can get my license when I get my noa1 for AOS here in Colorado. Whew but for now my Canadian license is good until January 25th. 

Well looks like I am gonna move on to January. We did not get our NOA1 yet so willing to bet it comes next week. I will still peek in on you all though. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, pajobra said:

I can get my license when I get my noa1 for AOS here in Colorado. Whew but for now my Canadian license is good until January 25th. 

Well looks like I am gonna move on to January. We did not get our NOA1 yet so willing to bet it comes next week. I will still peek in on you all though. :D

Ohio only lets you use your old driver's license for 30 days after you become a resident of the state, which my wife became the day she moved here. Plus her Alberta license expired about a month after that. But Ohio doesn't provide reciprocity with Canada (strange, considering they do so with Germany and Japan, for instance), meaning no matter what she would have to go through the whole process (written laws exam, road test, and maneuverabiity test) for an Ohio license anyway.

So, no license until the EAD or Green Card, whichever comes first.

18 minutes ago, skaratso said:

Ohio only lets you use your old driver's license for 30 days after you become a resident of the state, which my wife became the day she moved here. Plus her Alberta license expired about a month after that. But Ohio doesn't provide reciprocity with Canada (strange, considering they do so with Germany and Japan, for instance), meaning no matter what she would have to go through the whole process (written laws exam, road test, and maneuverabiity test) for an Ohio license anyway.

So, no license until the EAD or Green Card, whichever comes first.

Oh wow that bites :o My Canadian license is good for 90 days after I become a resident so it expires the same day as my I-94. Luckily Colorado does have an agreement with Canada and when I tried to get my Colorado license earlier I found out that I can't until I have my NOA1 for AOS. So soon as I have the hard copy of that I am heading to the DMV. I would probably have driven without my license if I had to as my husband has a few health issues and if he goes to his eye guy and gets his drops in his eyes he can't drive for like a day so I have to in that instance. If I had to wait until EAD or Green card I would have been so upset. I feel for your wife especially having to do the tests. :(

On 12/29/2017 at 2:44 PM, Fibina said:

Hi everybody! We sent our AOS package on 12/20 and it was delivered at the Chicago lockbox on the 23rd. We're still waiting to hear back for a confirmation and we're still a hopeful for a December NOA date. 

Today I got emails informing me that USCIS accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing our applications. I guess this means moving over to the January thread but will be keeping an eye on this one as well.

Good luck!

42 minutes ago, Fibina said:

Today I got emails informing me that USCIS accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing our applications. I guess this means moving over to the January thread but will be keeping an eye on this one as well.

Good luck!

Congrats and good luck!!😊

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys, when do you think we can get rfe for initial evidence? Actually, i will probably get rfie for ead and ap, because after i sent, i realized some missing documents? As i searched the forums, rfe can be sent anytime, but rfie has been sent like just after biometrics appointment. Do you have any further information about that?

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

15 hours ago, Gravlax said:

Hi guys, when do you think we can get rfe for initial evidence? Actually, i will probably get rfie for ead and ap, because after i sent, i realized some missing documents? As i searched the forums, rfe can be sent anytime, but rfie has been sent like just after biometrics appointment. Do you have any further information about that?

I am not exactly sure of that maybe some seasoned AOS person can answer that. lol

On another note.....Got my hard copies of the NOA1 for AOS and EAD today in the mail. Actual Notice date is January 1st which I like cause its the exact beginning of the year.

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!  Wondering who has already received their Biometrics appointment and who is still waiting.  Our NOA1 is December 15 and the fee for fingerprints was received on 12/19.  

7 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!  Wondering who has already received their Biometrics appointment and who is still waiting.  Our NOA1 is December 15 and the fee for fingerprints was received on 12/19.  

I have a received date of December 15 and Fingerprints received Dec 20. Still waiting for the Biometrics appointment..

For what I've seen with the others I am expecting it to arrive this week for an appt for late next week^_^ We will see how my prediction go..

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Just now, logisticamente said:

I have a received date of December 15 and Fingerprints received Dec 20. Still waiting for the Biometrics appointment..

For what I've seen with the others I am expecting it to arrive this week for an appt for late next week^_^ We will see how my prediction go..

That's what I was thinking as well based on the holidays.  I hope your prediction is spot on!  :) 

19 hours ago, spike198 said:

we received or appointment and it was for 12/26 and we went and took care of it all, so now the long wait begins. Hoping for a bright spot with the EAD and AP within 3 months but not getting our hopes up. We are seeing 4-5 month waits.

Edited by mighty836

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

Timeline
On 1/8/2018 at 1:05 PM, spike198 said:

We mailed the applications on 12/5/17, NOA1 was dated 12/14/17, and my wife just had her biometric appointment yesterday (1/8/18) in Detroit. The wait for the interview is going to depend on how much work each field office has.

Timeline

My husband's biometrics appointment is tomorrow! So far it seems like this is moving a little faster than the K-1 petition. 

Anyone know how long it's currently taking to receive the combo card? 

Thanks! 

15 hours ago, Pizzaislife said:

My husband's biometrics appointment is tomorrow! So far it seems like this is moving a little faster than the K-1 petition. 

Anyone know how long it's currently taking to receive the combo card? 

Thanks! 

Looking at the EAD timelines, it seems like it can take anywhere from 2 to 3 months from NOA. The VJ Stats reports 90 days from NOA, and it seems like the trend is going downward. The AP stats and timelines look very similar too.

Hoping for the best case scenario! :) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Barbados
Timeline

Count me in...

Forms sent via FedEx - 12/22/17

Delivered - 12/26/17

NOA1 Text notifications received - 1/3/18

Hard copy NOA 1 received - 1/10/18;  NOA1 date listed as 12/29/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.