mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

Do you think the timing of your Biometrics affects how long it takes to approve?  I'm assuming that they are still working on our cases even though they don't have biometrics yet?  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Do you think the timing of your Biometrics affects how long it takes to approve?  I'm assuming that they are still working on our cases even though they don't have biometrics yet?  

Well, I think they need to do a back ground check to know what you been up to or what cases you have based on national security. So I should think so. 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

5 minutes ago, Hrmsean said:

Well, I think they need to do a back ground check to know what you been up to or what cases you have based on national security. So I should think so. 

Thanks!  Is Biometrics for AOS?  Honestly, we aren't even worried about AOS, we want AP and EAD:) 

16 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Yeah, I think it affects a bit... they cant move to the next step until the ones before are done..(like Hrmsean said.. they need you fingerprints so they can run the background check - Again? cuz we already had one for the 129f??!) I would think doing biometrics faster will send you to the next waiting list faster.. But I am just speculating of course..^_^

1 minute ago, spike198 said:

Thanks!  Is Biometrics for AOS?  Honestly, we aren't even worried about AOS, we want AP and EAD:) 

Biometrics is for AOS and EAD

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

4 minutes ago, logisticamente said:

Yeah, I think it affects a bit... they cant move to the next step until the ones before are done..(like Hrmsean said.. they need you fingerprints so they can run the background check - Again? cuz we already had one for the 129f??!) I would think doing biometrics faster will send you to the next waiting list faster.. But I am just speculating of course..^_^

Biometrics is for AOS and EAD

Thanks!  I think what was throwing me off is the 3 case numbers and the case number that says the following was for AOS.:

On December 19, 2017, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number.... 

3 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hi guys! May I know what’s the usual RFIE you receive? Please quote if you have/had one. Thank you!🙂

We had one which arrived January 8th, 2018 (NOA December 8th) for the applicant's birth certificate.  It was in Portuguese and needed to be translated, but we were able to get everything together quickly and responded ASAP.  USCIS confirmed receipt January 22nd so we're back on the clock hopefully. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, psynix said:

We had one which arrived January 8th, 2018 (NOA December 8th) for the applicant's birth certificate.  It was in Portuguese and needed to be translated, but we were able to get everything together quickly and responded ASAP.  USCIS confirmed receipt January 22nd so we're back on the clock hopefully. :) 

Hi! Hopefully you will get your approval  soon. Do you have your EAD already? Goodluck 

Edited by cherryblossoms916

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:36 AM, aayy said:

Two days ago, I received RFE (That I-130A was missing from my application). But haven't  heard anyone that have included this in their application. Is this something I need to worry about?

Hey Aayy ,

I included it in mine because upon reading the instructions of the I-130 it said it had to be submitted , its the supplemental information sheet for your spouse to complete . It is quick and easy so just fill it out and send it off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 12/19/2017 at 12:51 PM, logisticamente said:

We chose Fidelis care which is a private insurer (I hope cuz  I already paid for it!!:lol:..)

So I should say I am a non-immigrant? I tried asking the insurance but they are of no help..

Jumping in on this forum as we will be filing for AOS next month.

Is health insurance required on the beneficiary for AOS?

Any helpful links for AOS

I’m hoping my fiancé will dig his heels in and figure out the AOS application but I fear it’ll be added to my honey do list which is already over filled😬

11 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Jumping in on this forum as we will be filing for AOS next month.

Is health insurance required on the beneficiary for AOS?

Any helpful links for AOS

I’m hoping my fiancé will dig his heels in and figure out the AOS application but I fear it’ll be added to my honey do list which is already over filled😬

From what Ive read I believe is not required, but my hubby wanted me to be insured in case anything happens.

I only used the guidelines from this website and so far no RFEs 

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides/. AOS was so simple for me compared to the i-129f application!!

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, logisticamente said:

From what Ive read I believe is not required, but my hubby wanted me to be insured in case anything happens.

I only used the guidelines from this website and so far no RFEs 

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides/. AOS was so simple for me compared to the i-129f application!!

Thank you so much for the reply.

I will look into the link as well.

I did the 129 myself as well but there seems to be so many additional forms for AOS so I’m just trying to get my bearings and be certain of what I need for an AOS for an I29 visa.

Thanks again 🙂

Well i am seeing that NOV filers have been receiving their EAD and AP approvals and cards. So hopefully 1 more month or sooner we start seeing ours. Crossing fingers!!!!!!!:dance::dance:

Edited by mighty836

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

2 hours ago, mighty836 said:

Well i am seeing that NOV filers have been receiving their EAD and AP approvals and cards. So hopefully 1 more month or sooner we start seeing ours. Crossing fingers!!!!!!!:dance::dance:

I saw that too!  I was really surprised considering all of the time off for the holidays!  I hope we are as lucky as them!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.