mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, spike198 said:

Hi everyone!  We received our text messages saying our case(s) were received.  Our receipts all are MCS---- numbers.  Is that the same as our case number?  I can't track these numbers on the USCIS site so I'm not sure if that is the same as our case number.  Thanks for the intel!

Yep, it is the same as the case number. However, the database linked to the website isn't immediately updated so it may take a few days (5 days in my case) before you are able to track your case online.

I haven't gone to change my SSN card name to my married name is this going to cause a problem I wonder. :(

2 hours ago, pajobra said:

I haven't gone to change my SSN card name to my married name is this going to cause a problem I wonder. :(

No it will not be a problem.  You can change it whenever  you want, it does help with ID though.

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

12 minutes ago, mighty836 said:

No it will not be a problem.  You can change it whenever  you want, it does help with ID though.

Thanks for the reassurance. :) I will likely go get that done in January.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, Munkiboi said:

Fedex shows the AOS packet was delivered on the 19th...no text or email notification yet.

Mine was yesterday 21st.. I'm so excited thought they will text or email the same day.. I wonder how long it will take them now because of the hollidays.  Good Luck to us. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Doug&Rhea said:

Mine was yesterday 21st.. I'm so excited thought they will text or email the same day.. I wonder how long it will take them now because of the hollidays.  Good Luck to us. 

I'm kinda expecting ours to be in January haha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

It has been 2 weeks since my NOA, no bio appointment notice yet:(

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

13 minutes ago, Munkiboi said:

I'm kinda expecting ours to be in January haha.

I expect that I will be a cusp filer not quite December and not quite January. LOL I will have to belong to two groups :o 

On 12/17/2017 at 12:13 PM, psynix said:

AOS Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-131 AP, I-765 EAD)
12/1/17 - Mailed (Fedex)
12/5/17 - Delivered, Received date
12/8/17 - Notice date on all forms
12/12/17 - Text Msgs for all forms, checks cashed
12/16/17 - NOA1 hard copy arrived (I-797C)

Expect this to be transferred to Raleigh at some point.  Our game plan is to try for a walk-in visit for bio as soon as the appointment letter arrives, if successful request an expedite for EAD with a job offer letter (financial hardship).  Good luck everyone!

Quite update: biometrics letter arrived today!  Appointment in Raleigh January 3rd, hope you all have a great holiday!

Timeline
7 hours ago, pajobra said:

I expect that I will be a cusp filer not quite December and not quite January. LOL I will have to belong to two groups :o 

Twice the information! Lol

Timeline
8 hours ago, Doug&Rhea said:

It'll be a nice post-Christmas gift. 

How long did it take y'all to assemble the packet?

23 minutes ago, Munkiboi said:

Just a few days. To be honest we had most of the stuff already from the initial K-1 package. I had extra photocopies of everything. lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Munkiboi said:

I'm not sure how long because I take my time in making it.  I was here May 2016 and we got married June 2016. But I think it's pretty easy because their guide here is very helpful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Every time I complain about not taking notice about cases or biometric appointment, etc., the next day after writing on this forum, I receive the notice:) Got my bio appointment for January, 3rd.

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

14 hours ago, Gravlax said:

Every time I complain about not taking notice about cases or biometric appointment, etc., the next day after writing on this forum, I receive the notice:) Got my bio appointment for January, 3rd.

So that is the secret complaining? HA I can't do that yet mine hasn't even reached the Chicago lockbox yet. According to USPS it should Tuesday. We will see. LOL I know our NOA1 will be January. Maybe I will start a January thread when the time comes and hang out there and here. ;) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.