mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, CE and JR said:

We had the same our biometrics appointment was the same day as Gravlax

Do you have the same status update as well? 

We never had much luck with status updates during the K1 process so I'm not sure how reliable it will be this time around.  We got an RFE for our K1 back in September and that's the last status update our case has every seen.  I wonder if it makes a difference person to person.  

2 minutes ago, spike198 said:

We never had much luck with status updates during the K1 process so I'm not sure how reliable it will be this time around.  We got an RFE for our K1 back in September and that's the last status update our case has every seen.  I wonder if it makes a difference person to person.  

I dont think it has to do with each person.. I applied for a waiver and that status never changed from Received.. then my K1 status did change from received to Approved...

I hope this one does update because I like to see the Approved in my screen :blush: and if you have the IOS app it even throws confetti when it changes to approved which is very amusing!! :lol:

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

2 minutes ago, logisticamente said:

I dont think it has to do with each person.. I applied for a waiver and that status never changed from Received.. then my K1 status did change from received to Approved...

I hope this one does update because I like to see the Approved in my screen :blush: and if you have the IOS app it even throws confetti when it changes to approved which is very amusing!! :lol:

I think the postman (or woman) should put confetti in our mailboxes when the approvals arrive too!  

9 hours ago, aayy said:

Hi Everyone, I have an interview on March 8 but my wife(USC) do not have birthday certificate because she was a refugee.  Can we got to the interview without one?

I would say wathever you submitted in the application as her proof of citizenship? Here is a list from USCIS

Documents to show you are a U.S. Citizen

• If you were born in the United States, a copy of birth certificate, issued by a civil registrar, vital statistics office, or other civil authority.

• A copy of your Naturalization certificate or Certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS or the former INS.

• A copy of your unexpired U.S. passport card.

• An original statement from a U.S. consular officer verifying that you are a U.S citizen with a valid passport.

source: https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/petition_for_spouse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone, last week a recruiter reached me through Linkedin, and the company invited me to an interview on Tuesday. Today, I got a call from the company and they told that I got the job. I just called uscis and made a request to expedite, let's see what happens.

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gravlax said:

Hi everyone, last week a recruiter reached me through Linkedin, and the company invited me to an interview on Tuesday. Today, I got a call from the company and they told that I got the job. I just called uscis and made a request to expedite, let's see what happens.

What kind of jobs? 

Did tell then that u are waiting for EAD??

Timeline
18 minutes ago, stm said:

What kind of jobs? 

Did tell then that u are waiting for EAD??

Yes, i explained them the situation, and they accepted to wait some time. It is an architecture job.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Gravlax said:

Yes, i explained them the situation, and they accepted to wait some time. It is an architecture job.

Oh good Happ for u.. please let us know what happens with u :-)

I am working on certification now ,hoping that helps for jobs later..

25 minutes ago, Gravlax said:

Hey I also have an architecture job waiting for my EAD!:P 

Acording to your VJ estimate your Ead should be coming soon regardles of wether you expedite it or not

Good Luck!

Edited by logisticamente

Timeline
19 minutes ago, logisticamente said:

Hey I also have an architecture job waiting for my EAD!:P 

Acording to your VJ estimate your Ead should be coming soon regardles of wether you expedite it or not

Good Luck!

According to vj, yes, ead should be coming in 2 weeks, but we will never know, i wanted to do everything i can:) have you tried to expedite as well? Good luck us all🙏

Removal of Conditions

11 minutes ago, Gravlax said:

According to vj, yes, ead should be coming in 2 weeks, but we will never know, i wanted to do everything i can:) have you tried to expedite as well? Good luck us all🙏

I did..

Jan 26 - sent in request 

Jan 30  - got email to fax job offer 

faxed it same day

Feb 6 - Received email saying case is under review (not sure if that means expedition has been approved or not)

have not heard received anything else.. I will call USCIS tomorrow to see if I can get any info..

If this is the current standar timing for expedites it may not make any diference to you.. But maybe yours will get answered faster?  Like you said you never know with USCIS..:mellow:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.