nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline
2 hours ago, Steph&Bobo said:

I just spoke to a very unsympathetic Tier 2.  She just read me the standard bull lines that I've been hearing for months.  I asked to speak to someone else but she told me there was no other person I could speak to.  Is that true?  At least when I spoke to a Tier 2 a few weeks ago, that guy gave me hope (maybe false hope) and I felt he was trying to find me answers.  I am so over this process!  At 376 days since my PD!

You hang in there @Steph&Bobo and know that you are not alone in this. I am currently sitting at 354 days and was told via email that my case was being reviewed by an officer and to allow 60 days for a respond. That 60 days will of course put me way past my year mark just like you. There is a light somewhere at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there and we'll both get through it together! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
11 hours ago, 2891 said:

Today I get notification

May 4 -additional evidence 

Is it mean they started working on May files? 

I think they are working on May filers. It shows mines is in Initial Review, which is background checks. So April filers should be receiving approvals really soon.

2 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

I am sorry you had to go through that person , 

I would call back and talk to tier 2 again , you'll most likely get different person. , 

I called yesterday and the tier 2 rep I talked to was very understanding , 

He said I don't see any update on case so he sent an email to USCIS in Nebraska on my case to " approve the petition or give clear status update to where my case is ". 

Don't loose hope 

You can also try is make infopass appointment to one of the USCIS office near by you and talk to officer directly , sometimes they can be real help 

Hmm... we are 27 March and haven't gotten any news. So frustrating. I'm surprised that even a tier 2 would give you info or try to help since they're still officially saying they're only in Jan. Maybe I'll call too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, mrandmrsR said:

Hmm... we are 27 March and haven't gotten any news. So frustrating. I'm surprised that even a tier 2 would give you info or try to help since they're still officially saying they're only in Jan. Maybe I'll call too.

Yeah I was surprised too these rep was nice , he was saying  I could go by website and tell you we are working in January  but I won't do that , he saw my denied expedite so he said I can shoot email like this and you'll receive reply soon with proper accurate details on your case 

So let's see , I already see that this request is created on my case in USCIS case history 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
21 minutes ago, hannac said:

I think they are working on May filers. It shows mines is in Initial Review, which is background checks. So April filers should be receiving approvals really soon.

my PD 5/8 and I have heard nothing yet, so glad they get to skip around and not follow things in the order they should I shall give 2 sarcastic thumbs up to the government.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

my PD 5/8 and I have heard nothing yet, so glad they get to skip around and not follow things in the order they should I shall give 2 sarcastic thumbs up to the government.

By what I've read, cases are placed into random boxes (theoretically in the order in which they are received). An agent takes a box, works on them, brings them back, and takes another box. How they determine what box to take is a mystery. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

By what I've read, cases are placed into random boxes (theoretically in the order in which they are received). An agent takes a box, works on them, brings them back, and takes another box. How they determine what box to take is a mystery. 

well that is unsettling.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nakia1love said:

291 days. Yes yes, i know our approval is coming. I should just stay off VJ, but i keep coming back for more updates. We are March 3, and it seems so many after us are getting approved. I’m happy for them, but just need this behind us. 

On the same boat as you march 2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sundee said:

You can call back tomorrow as it really doesn’t matter. Just ask directly to speak with a tier 2 even if the rep says Can I assist you with anything so no, just want to speak with a tier 2. 

At any time did you submit in a inquiry? Also did u file a 1-129f?? 

Sundee - I submitted 2 service request inquiries and received the same response in September and November.

Here's was the response:

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show that your case is currently pending adjudication. However, we have had to perform additional reviews on your case, and this has caused a longer processing time.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

I did not file I-129f.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

So much of them working by priority date.  It's a hot mess of jumping around there

Finally! Case sent to Dept of State yesterday Aust time, 19 March. I thought this day would never come. PD 27 March. Hopefully the NVC is faster! I got an email & my online status was updated about 2 hours ago.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, mrandmrsR said:

Finally! Case sent to Dept of State yesterday Aust time, 19 March. I thought this day would never come. PD 27 March. Hopefully the NVC is faster! I got an email & my online status was updated about 2 hours ago.

Congratulations 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Steph&Bobo said:

Sundee - I submitted 2 service request inquiries and received the same response in September and November.

Here's was the response:

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show that your case is currently pending adjudication. However, we have had to perform additional reviews on your case, and this has caused a longer processing time.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

I did not file I-129f.

Okay so the additional review is what is taking time.. Not sure what sparked that but pray closure comes like any day now..

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Okay so the additional review is what is taking time.. Not sure what sparked that but pray closure comes like any day now..

Sundee - i just wish i knew what sparked the additional review.  i don't know if it would be his first name or because he's from Jordan.  I wish they would give me more details.  he had no problems getting a tourist visa a year or so ago.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, mrandmrsR said:

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.