2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

It doesn't mean anything, ignore it. I live in Los Angels too! My interview was on 3/26. 751 was approved on 4/26. Got the oath ceremony letter mailed notice on 5/2. I got 2 updates on my 751 saying exactly the same as yours a week after I got my oath letter and approval letter, they said my 751 was transferred to another office and second update said my 751 was transferred to NBC, identical to yours. I was naturalized on 5/23, and my 751 still has the same update. It was more than likely a ploy to make the 751/400 applications falsely think there's movements on their cases. Typical under the anti immigration White House. I am already a citizen, and my 751 is still in Missouri?lol. Ignore that update, and just wait for your oath letter. Your 751 is at the field office, it has not been transferred to Missouri. Just disregard those updates that are 100 percent not reliable.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It looks like there is a good chance that I won't be a US citizen by Nov to vote.  :bonk:

If I had known that, I would have waited to apply for US citizenship until getting my 10-year Green Card.  :no:

Since I was one of the unluckiest applicants for my I-130 application, I thought I would have a better luck this time.  :lol: 

I now know that bad luck can follow you for a long time!  :rofl:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, AustinCanada said:

It looks like there is a good chance that I won't be a US citizen by Nov to vote.  :bonk:

If I had known that, I would have waited to apply for US citizenship until getting my 10-year Green Card.  :no:

Since I was one of the unluckiest applicants for my I-130 application, I thought I would have a better luck this time.  :lol: 

I now know that bad luck can follow you for a long time!  :rofl:

Is there any way to get rid of this bad luck, it has been following you for years :lol:  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Unlucky in immigration, lucky in love? Is that a saying? :P

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Hi... I have been reading this topic from the very beginning... I just want to share my experience now that my journey is over... I just picked up my us passport this afternoon:

- submitted I-751 early nov 2016

- submitted n400 early nov 2017 (1 year later)

- early may 2018, i was informed that I-751 was transferred to benefit center in Missouri

- mid-may 2018, i received notification for n400 interview for end of june 2018

- i went to the interview, got approved for n400. Then i asked the question what about the I-751 (because I jointly filed for my minor child as well on the same application). Then panic for the IO, supervisor came, they decided to review further my case and to send me another appointment... i left uscis office disappointed....

- The day after, i received a phone call from uscis center director telling me that everything has been approved and to come 2 days later for oath ceremony.

- Got my naturalisation certificate 2 days later, gave back expired green card.

- 1 week later, I received 2 green cards for me and my child

- i asked for expedited us passport and went to pick it up 2 days later (today)

Conclusion: I made the right choice to file n400 while waiting for I_751 as nov 2016 filers just got approved at the end of june 2018. I shorted the whole process by 10 to 12 months.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY....

PS: I filed n400 online

tan hermosu

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations Blue Road. That moment in N400 interview when you revealed the pending i751 is worthy of an SNL skit. 

By the way what was your field-office?

Timeline
On 7/3/2018 at 10:58 PM, bahamamama234 said:

Hey guys so I have my N400 interview under 3year rule in 13 days... My roc still pending

I applied for ROC on nov 2015 and been waiting, applied in Los Angeles.

I just realized I got a notice on 05/08 saying my case for ROC was transferred to USCIS OFFICE of NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER, P.O BOX 648005, MO 64064

WHICH IS IN JACKSON MISSOURI

That makes absolutely no sense for me since I lived in LOS ANGELES since I arrived USA with my american spouse

And I have my Citizenship interview in LOS ANGELES OFFICE in 13 days...

Which does not say anything about ROC on it

But I was assuming it would be for both ROC and N400... now considering my ROC is been looked at by MISSOURI who guarantees they can interview me?

Can anyone explain to me what is going on? I have a BS feeling that I am gonna go to LA interview for n400 and they gonna be like oh you have to wait on a decision of your ROC from MISSOURI ?!?!?!?!

Did anyone else got transferred to that random  place?

Thanks

I posted this earlier, but I guess it somehow didn't show as a reply to you. It doesn't mean anything, ignore it. I live in Los Angels too! My interview was on 3/26. 751 was approved on 4/26. Got the oath ceremony letter mailed notice on 5/2. I got 2 updates on my 751 saying exactly the same as yours a week after I got my oath letter and approval letter, they said my 751 was transferred to another office and second update said my 751 was transferred to NBC, identical to yours. I was naturalized on 5/23, and my 751 still has the same update. It was more than likely a ploy to make the 751/400 applications falsely think there's movements on their cases. Typical under the anti immigration White House. I am already a citizen, and my 751 is still in Missouri?lol. Ignore that update, and just wait for your oath letter. Your 751 is at the field office, it has not been transferred to Missouri. Just disregard those updates that are 100 percent not reliable.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
10 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Is there any way to get rid of this bad luck, it has been following you for years :lol:  

I hope my bad luck applies only to the US immigration!  :lol:  If so, this stupid journey is almost over so I'll be bad luck free, I hope!  :thumbs:

10 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

Unlucky in immigration, lucky in love? Is that a saying? :P

I'm not sure if it's a saying, but you are 100% right!  :star:  I'd rather be unlucky in immigration and super lucky in love for sure!  :lol:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

I posted this earlier, but I guess it somehow didn't show as a reply to you. It doesn't mean anything, ignore it. I live in Los Angels too! My interview was on 3/26. 751 was approved on 4/26. Got the oath ceremony letter mailed notice on 5/2. I got 2 updates on my 751 saying exactly the same as yours a week after I got my oath letter and approval letter, they said my 751 was transferred to another office and second update said my 751 was transferred to NBC, identical to yours. I was naturalized on 5/23, and my 751 still has the same update. It was more than likely a ploy to make the 751/400 applications falsely think there's movements on their cases. Typical under the anti immigration White House. I am already a citizen, and my 751 is still in Missouri?lol. Ignore that update, and just wait for your oath letter. Your 751 is at the field office, it has not been transferred to Missouri. Just disregard those updates that are 100 percent not reliable.

Thank you so much for the info! Did they ask for your spouse to come in for interview? I will take mine just in case..

I did not want to have to print quartely joint bank statements/ internet/ electricity bills to take with me as is SO MUCH papers... I just wanted to take what they ask for n400 and 4 years of joint IRS transcripts (the ones they provide online and u print are good enough right?)

I guess I will take the quartely copies of the bills just to be safe tho..

Hopefully is the last time I CAN'T WAIT TO GET DONE WITH THIS lol

Timeline
2 hours ago, bahamamama234 said:

Thank you so much for the info! Did they ask for your spouse to come in for interview? I will take mine just in case..

I did not want to have to print quartely joint bank statements/ internet/ electricity bills to take with me as is SO MUCH papers... I just wanted to take what they ask for n400 and 4 years of joint IRS transcripts (the ones they provide online and u print are good enough right?)

I guess I will take the quartely copies of the bills just to be safe tho..

Hopefully is the last time I CAN'T WAIT TO GET DONE WITH THIS lol

Welcome! I wanted to take my spouse with me, but my husband was very sick, and he passed away 3 days after the interview sadly. I knew the officer might want to reschedule, so I had a packet ready proving that my husband was sick and I did an request to expedite the oath ceremony based on the humanitarian ground in a special circumstance with tons of medical records, proof of my husband's illness and a central argument saying that if there was gay marriage earlie prior to 2013, we would have been able to get married and he would have been able to see me become a citizen, we knew each other for 21 years and could not get married and applied for immigration until 2013 when Supreme Court gut Defense of Marriage Act that prevented LGBT community to be eligible for federal benefits and Prop 8 that banned gay marriage in CA. I also had additional evidence for our continuous marriage with me for my pending 751 which I voluntarily provided, but the officer told me I had submitted enough evidence for 751.  He did accept my request to expedite and flipped through the packet with me, he also flipped through every page of the request to expedite the oath ceremony packet. The officer was somehow sympathetic, but he said the decision could not he made because he was in charge of 400, not 751 and had to talk to his supervisor. I repeatedly stress the urgency of it. I passed the interview and test, and he told me to wait for further notice. After my love passed 3 days later, I had to wait about 10 days for the death certificate and submitted it to the field office in person so they could convert the 751 to a windowe's 751 waiver application, and a month later after my husband's passing, my 751 was approved on 4/26 and on 5/23, I was naturalized. So my case was a bit complicated, but my love and I did it. I would advise you to take as much evidence as you can if your 751 is pending just in case, and yes, just take your spouse with you for the possible 751 interview, get it done, do not increase the risk of being rescheduled. The officer said they may reschedule our interview in spite of my husband's illness, and if that happened, he said I may have to talk to my lawyer. Anyhow, good luck, and keep us posted. I think you will be ok.

Edited by Zombie69

17 hours ago, Blue Road said:

Hi... I have been reading this topic from the very beginning... I just want to share my experience now that my journey is over... I just picked up my us passport this afternoon:

- submitted I-751 early nov 2016

- submitted n400 early nov 2017 (1 year later)

- early may 2018, i was informed that I-751 was transferred to benefit center in Missouri

- mid-may 2018, i received notification for n400 interview for end of june 2018

- i went to the interview, got approved for n400. Then i asked the question what about the I-751 (because I jointly filed for my minor child as well on the same application). Then panic for the IO, supervisor came, they decided to review further my case and to send me another appointment... i left uscis office disappointed....

- The day after, i received a phone call from uscis center director telling me that everything has been approved and to come 2 days later for oath ceremony.

- Got my naturalisation certificate 2 days later, gave back expired green card.

- 1 week later, I received 2 green cards for me and my child

- i asked for expedited us passport and went to pick it up 2 days later (today)

Conclusion: I made the right choice to file n400 while waiting for I_751 as nov 2016 filers just got approved at the end of june 2018. I shorted the whole process by 10 to 12 months.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY....

PS: I filed n400 online

tan hermosu

Congrats!

Timeline
15 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

I hope my bad luck applies only to the US immigration!  :lol:  If so, this stupid journey is almost over so I'll be bad luck free, I hope!  :thumbs:

Ahh, I hope so. You are also negatively influencing Seattle field office with all those bulk of pending cases :lol:  Thank GOD you never moved to Portland :dancing:

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Ahh, I hope so. You are also negatively influencing Seattle field office with all those bulk of pending cases :lol:  Thank GOD you never moved to Portland :dancing:

Well, I have the summer off so I can always "move" to Portland (then, the application timeline will significantly slow down in Portland)!  :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline
47 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

Well, I have the summer off so I can always "move" to Portland (then, the application timeline will significantly slow down in Portland)!  :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let me first complete my process then you can move down here :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.