2,950 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, luna1321 said:

Yesterday finally my status of N-400 has changed to "Application is approved and waiting for the oath to be scheduled". I had my N-400 interview in February, 2019 (they couldn't approve because of pending I-751) and I-751 they approved in July, 2019. They never asked for RFE or any other information...the case was just pending for all this time. 

So I guess this is what happens sometimes if you don't get approved on the spot...yes, I contacted senators and congressmen and did an infopass apt, but it never helped 🤷‍♀️

Well now I only worry if they received my address change petition which I've submitted a week ago.  LOL so many things happened in my life since then, now I am in another state and praying for soon oath and the end of dealing with USCIS.

OMGod, now I have some some hope. I Had interview in May, same things happened with I751. So, no help to write to the government?! 

10 hours ago, Nayda said:

OMGod, now I have some some hope. I Had interview in May, same things happened with I751. So, no help to write to the government?! 

Well from my experience USCIS didn't tell anything different to their request...The standard answer given to everyone was "The case is pending. We are unable to give the estimated time of completion". No reasons, no timing...so pretty useless IMO. But yeah congress and senator people were nice to me and willing to help (so I guess not their fault lol)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 8/29/2019 at 10:09 AM, CJKylie said:

For me, my case transferred Dec 2018 and my interview was Aug 2019

My 751 was transferred after it was approved. The history of my case proves the "transfer" notice is most likely not true and meaningless. Once again, for those of you who got the transfer notice. I would take it with a grain of salt because once again, your 751 application is not transferred and is most likely at the field office with your 400 application with other hundreds of piles waiting to be adjudicated/approved. Transfer notice is  probably designed in a way to give you false hope about your case, making you falsely believe your case is moving forward with this notice. I would never believe that. I am a naturalized citizen now, and my 751 is still at NBC,lol. Good luck, I would not make too much out of this transfer notice.

Edited by Zombie69

So, i dont know if anyone been in this same situation,  i had a combo interview on July 26th , i passed the tests and everything but the officer gave me a RFE for both process requesting basicaly the same for both, more provee of our marriage, i sent everything two weeks after, then On Agust 21 i got a notification than my I751 got aproveed and a couple days later i got my green card in the mail. it’s been almost two weeks and i haven’t heard anything about the N400.  i tought that since the interview was combined and the same officer was reviewing the RFE they will aprovee both process at the same time. is anyone in this same position? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got my oath done on the 29th and was less than an hour with 1000 people from 98 countries.

Awesome moment.

Got same day passport and traveled out of the country ...  got back in yesterday (feels good to check-in as a citizen for the first time as it has less hassle :) ).

Wish everyone still waiting all the best.

42 minutes ago, mymercy said:

I got my oath done on the 29th and was less than an hour with 1000 people from 98 countries.

Awesome moment.

Got same day passport and traveled out of the country ...  got back in yesterday (feels good to check-in as a citizen for the first time as it has less hassle :) ).

Wish everyone still waiting all the best.

Congts! How to get same day passport? any speedy process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Land of L said:

All I did was attached my ticket that shows that I'm traveling out that same evening ... and it cost $205 in total

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Land of L said:

You need to get an appointment at a US Passport agency for same-day or next-day processing.  Showing imminent travel is usually a requirement. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/where-to-apply/passport-agencies.html 

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 9/2/2019 at 2:49 PM, isaroles123 said:

So, i dont know if anyone been in this same situation,  i had a combo interview on July 26th , i passed the tests and everything but the officer gave me a RFE for both process requesting basicaly the same for both, more provee of our marriage, i sent everything two weeks after, then On Agust 21 i got a notification than my I751 got aproveed and a couple days later i got my green card in the mail. it’s been almost two weeks and i haven’t heard anything about the N400.  i tought that since the interview was combined and the same officer was reviewing the RFE they will aprovee both process at the same time. is anyone in this same position? 

Congratulations, I would just patiently wait for 400 interview. At least your big victory is 751 approval, enjoy it, you won't need your greencard much longer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Okay, so here is my saga, part IV.

• We did a naturalization interview that was passed, but because the ROC was still stagnating several hundred miles away, in Laguna Nigel, they asked for more information that I have acquired to verify the continuation of the marriage to this date, as we did not have a combination interview and they were even shocked that we would be coming in without the green card in hand.
  • They requested a copy of our I-797 from Laguna Nigel (we filed in November 2017, it was sent to Laguna Nigel in March 2018 and has sat untouched ever since.)
  • We have until September 25th to post our requests for more information directly to San Bernardino vis-a-vis the n-400.
  • We just received a letter stating that our I-797 has been sent, not to San Bernardino, but to Lees Summit, Missouri. I looked at some messages there are found that people were writing cheerfully things like, "congratulations! Your green card should be adjudicated within three to five months!" Five months?
  • In the interview, they were even suggesting that if we got our information in quickly enough, we could be at the oath ceremony in September/October.

Somebody please tell me that you have been through this, that I should not be freaking out and phoning them up to ask them why San Bernardino, my local field office that told me they requested my files, does not have them, that because of this issue they will make a speedier decision than five months. (Five months?) and that it will work out, that the Green Card will not gum up the naturalization...Yikes. My head is just spinning think about all the possibilities (and none of them are good).

Given that the information in that I-797 is now almost two full years out of date, will they ask for an RFE? On the other hand, the ROC is contingent upon proving two years of continuous marriage and cohabitation, which we have proven as of the date we filed the filed the I-797. In two thousand and seventeen.

I am freaking out. This is all backwards and it is all a nightmare.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, jaske78 said:

• We did a naturalization interview that was passed, but because the ROC was still stagnating several hundred miles away, in Laguna Nigel, they asked for more information that I have acquired to verify the continuation of the marriage to this date, as we did not have a combination interview and they were even shocked that we would be coming in without the green card in hand.
  • They requested a copy of our I-797 from Laguna Nigel (we filed in November 2017, it was sent to Laguna Nigel in March 2018 and has sat untouched ever since.)
  • We have until September 25th to post our requests for more information directly to San Bernardino vis-a-vis the n-400.
  • We just received a letter stating that our I-797 has been sent, not to San Bernardino, but to Lees Summit, Missouri. I looked at some messages there are found that people were writing cheerfully things like, "congratulations! Your green card should be adjudicated within three to five months!" Five months?
  • In the interview, they were even suggesting that if we got our information in quickly enough, we could be at the oath ceremony in September/October.

Somebody please tell me that you have been through this, that I should not be freaking out and phoning them up to ask them why San Bernardino, my local field office that told me they requested my files, does not have them, that because of this issue they will make a speedier decision than five months. (Five months?) and that it will work out, that the Green Card will not gum up the naturalization...Yikes. My head is just spinning think about all the possibilities (and none of them are good).

Given that the information in that I-797 is now almost two full years out of date, will they ask for an RFE? On the other hand, the ROC is contingent upon proving two years of continuous marriage and cohabitation, which we have proven as of the date we filed the filed the I-797. In two thousand and seventeen.

Addendum to this--is this time to lawyer up, in your opinion?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, jaske78 said:

I thought all files route through Lees Summit before going to the local office although I could be wrong.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

You need to get an appointment at a US Passport agency for same-day or next-day processing.  Showing imminent travel is usually a requirement. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/where-to-apply/passport-agencies.html 

Thanks!

On 8/23/2019 at 11:59 PM, Deji said:

So following my transfer notice I received on Aug 16th, I got another transfer notice for Aug 20th. No letter in the mail however when I checked status via call it says it was transferred to Nigel Laguna which is the original place I filed. WAC. This don’t make no damn sense.my guess is, my file was probably abandoned in the facility and someone just stumbled on it and dusted it up triggering the update I got. Bullocks!!!!’

I actually called today and spoke to an agent who was kind enough to break it down for me.

My I-751: 

08/16: Transferred to NBC

08/20: Transferred to Texas Service Center. (He speculates this could be to my local field office(Dallas))

N400:  is at Dallas Field Office.

I guess I just have to wait and see if interview date will come in the next few months or sooner.

STAGE 4: Removal of Conditions

03/19/18: I-751 mailed - Vermont Service Center

03/22/18: I-751 delivered to Vermont Service Center

03/23/18: Check Cashed

03/28/18: NOA1

05/29/2018: Biometrics

03/19/2019 : Transferred to Dallas Field Office

Naturalization

02/27/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/27/19: NOA1

03/05/19: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.