2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, monicat71 said:

Hello,

I filled my I-751 August 20 2018 to California, my case starts with SRC and i did Biometrics back in December along with my kids that are included on my application.

I filled my N-400 Online, July 5th 2019, and my Biometrics letter is on its way.  Also my ROC case was transferred to The National Benefits Center, which does not have estimated time for I-751.  I am afraid to get stuck in limbo, because it is just my luck with everything I have gone trough with USCIS.  Does anyone has a similar experience wit the Missouri center?

Thank you in advance for your help!

You will be fine, when NBC is ready to send your N-400 application to local office for  an interview ( depends on the time line of your local office, check other in your local office for an educated guess), they will send I-751 also and if your I-751 has solid supporting documents, both will be approved together.   

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
15 hours ago, drmo said:

Yes I applied online. Do you mean i use the online messaging system to request for earlier appointment? I tried it once and it seemed that they respond very machine like on there. Do you think they could be responsive to such request?

I have both ROC and N400 pending but I really don't want to mess with this if I'm getting an interview. My application dates are

11/9/2017 applied I-751

11/10/2018 applied N400

Thanks!

I tried it twice and worked once.

First one, the one with a positive response was when they had scheduled my N-400 bio appointment on day that I would be out of state. I requested either preponing or postponing the appointment. I had requested them to not postpone it way too far in the future. I did add that as I was visiting my parents whom I hadn't seen for almost 5 years, I didn't want to cut the visit short. They postponed it to 2 days after I was to return home.

Second one, the one with neutral result, aka, machine like response. I had made an addresses/date error on my N-400 that I only caught a month after the submission. They said to submit an affidavit detailing what the error was and what was the rectification plus evidence to support that rectification. They also added the IO may not take the added material into consideration. I did all that.

I had my interview for I-751 two days after I did that. I mentioned it to the IO who conducted the interview. He checked it and said it wasn't updated yet. Fortunately, I had taken along a printed copy of the affidavit I had submitted online. He wanted it and he kept a copy for himself and informed me that he had updated my address and dates correctly on my application.

I'm not sure if they'll consider your request if they haven't scheduled your interview but once they do, doesn't hurt to try and appeal to them mentioning the prospective job.

What field office are you at?

2 hours ago, MK108 said:

I tried it twice and worked once.

First one, the one with a positive response was when they had scheduled my N-400 bio appointment on day that I would be out of state. I requested either preponing or postponing the appointment. I had requested them to not postpone it way too far in the future. I did add that as I was visiting my parents whom I hadn't seen for almost 5 years, I didn't want to cut the visit short. They postponed it to 2 days after I was to return home.

Second one, the one with neutral result, aka, machine like response. I had made an addresses/date error on my N-400 that I only caught a month after the submission. They said to submit an affidavit detailing what the error was and what was the rectification plus evidence to support that rectification. They also added the IO may not take the added material into consideration. I did all that.

I had my interview for I-751 two days after I did that. I mentioned it to the IO who conducted the interview. He checked it and said it wasn't updated yet. Fortunately, I had taken along a printed copy of the affidavit I had submitted online. He wanted it and he kept a copy for himself and informed me that he had updated my address and dates correctly on my application.

I'm not sure if they'll consider your request if they haven't scheduled your interview but once they do, doesn't hurt to try and appeal to them mentioning the prospective job.

What field office are you at?

Thanks, that sounds working! I agree it wouldn't hurt to try. I am still waiting for the interview scheduled notice! :D It says 1 day left remaining waiting time, hopefully by tomorrow something updates! 

I'm in San Fernando Valley, CA

On 7/15/2019 at 9:01 PM, dilip said:

Oath was 2 PM.  We all waited inside close to the receptionist area.  1:55 PM, they called all candidates to get into the naturalization hall and they checked the letter and gave a number and then ask to sit.  There were 68 people.  Around 2:30 PM , all guests were in.  Then standard  10-15 talk about citizenship and process and they called each of them to check the Naturalization certificate for correctness and took GC and the letter we received in mail.

Then oath, national anthem  and certification given and one minutes video of President.  All done by 3:30 PM.  Very friendly atmosphere.

I filled the passport application online and printed it and a copy of both side of the driver licence and one 2 x 2 inches Photo and went to 3000 Chestnut Street US post office and submitted the passport application.  

Congratulations @dilip!

Its been super helpful having yourself and @David1987 share your experiences with the Philly office :-)

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

On 7/16/2019 at 3:01 AM, dilip said:

Oath was 2 PM.  We all waited inside close to the receptionist area.  1:55 PM, they called all candidates to get into the naturalization hall and they checked the letter and gave a number and then ask to sit.  There were 68 people.  Around 2:30 PM , all guests were in.  Then standard  10-15 talk about citizenship and process and they called each of them to check the Naturalization certificate for correctness and took GC and the letter we received in mail.

Then oath, national anthem  and certification given and one minutes video of President.  All done by 3:30 PM.  Very friendly atmosphere.

I filled the passport application online and printed it and a copy of both side of the driver licence and one 2 x 2 inches Photo and went to 3000 Chestnut Street US post office and submitted the passport application.  

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🎈🎉🎊 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/8/2019 at 7:05 PM, Ptl4511 said:

Anyone has experience filing N400 while i-751 is still pending in Minneapolis, MN?

did you ever get an update? I have N 400 on july 22 while i 751 pending.. and now I find out that i might not even have a combo interview ..just wondering about your case

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, dilip said:

Except few cases, most of the cases were approved both i-751 and N-400.  If your I-751 has a lot of solid evidence and N-400 with no complication, then filing N-400 online is a good idea to cut down total time to be citizen.  See my timeline.  I am done with USCIS.

I still have not seen any real evidence that filing online makes anything faster.  My wife was less than six months from filing to oath with an I751 pending and she filed paper.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

another update, interview notice was available online yesterday and interview is scheduled for aug 20 at atlanta field office. cannot believe i got interview 8 months after filing at atlanta field office where the current wait time is between 12 and 22 months.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I still have not seen any real evidence that filing online makes anything faster.  My wife was less than six months from filing to oath with an I751 pending and she filed paper.

You are correct there is no concrete evidence that filing online will get approval faster.   My intention was to say that file online to make life easy.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, J1991 said:

another update, interview notice was available online yesterday and interview is scheduled for aug 20 at atlanta field office. cannot believe i got interview 8 months after filing at atlanta field office where the current wait time is between 12 and 22 months.

As I said for some reasons, there is a big push for N-400.  May be election is coming.  Philly is 9-20 months and done with 7.5 months including oath.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, dilip said:

As I said for some reasons, there is a big push for N-400.  May be election is coming.  Philly is 9-20 months and done with 7.5 months including oath.

So are you implying some sort of nefarious actions?  Frankly, I am glad N400s seem to be moving faster, but I really doubt it has anything to do with the upcoming election.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

So are you implying some sort of nefarious actions?  Frankly, I am glad N400s seem to be moving faster, but I really doubt it has anything to do with the upcoming election.

I agree too. I think maybe it has more to do with them trying to simply reduce their backlog - https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-aims-decrease-processing-times-n-400-and-i-485

January 20, 2016 - Married!! :dance:

USCIS

February 1, 2016 - Mailed I-130

February 2, 2016 - I-130 Delivered

February 4, 2016 - NOA1 (got the email and text on February 5)

June 3, 2016 - NOA2 (got the email and text on February 5)

June 11, 2016 - NOA2 hard copy

June 17, 2016 - USCIS website says Case sent to NVC

NVC

June 23, 2016 - Case received at the NVC (confirmed over phone)

July 7, 2016 - Case # and Invoice ID # received over phone

July 7, 2016 - DS-261 submitted

July 8, 2016 - Welcome Letter Received; DS-261 reviewed over phone

July 8, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced and payment in process

July 9, 2016 - AOS and IV package mailed (FedEx next day)

July 11, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced and payment in process
July 11, 2016 - NVC Received/Scan Date

July 12, 2016 - AOS and IV Fees show as PAID; DS-260 unlocked
July 13, 2016 - NVC said that's when they entered the AOS/IV packages into the system

July 14, 2016 - DS-260 Submitted

August 16, 2016 - Case Complete

August 23, 2016 - Interview scheduled

October 18, 2016 - Interview

Me: Husband, US Citizen

I-751 Lifting of Conditions

August 15, 2018 - I-751 Delivered to USCIS (check cashed in Phoenix 09/25)

October 24, 2018 - NOA

March 28, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

June 11, 2019 - Case transferred to Potomac

February 18, 2020 - Combined Interview with N-400

February 20, 2020 - i-751 Approved

N-400 Naturalization

August 3, 2019 - Applied online 

August 26, 2019 - Biometrics

February 18, 2020 - Interview (Scheduled on January 6th). Approved pending i-751 approval

February 24, 2020 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

March 25, 2020 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
5 hours ago, frakina said:

I agree too. I think maybe it has more to do with them trying to simply reduce their backlog - https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-aims-decrease-processing-times-n-400-and-i-485

Whatever the reason, N-400 applicants would be happy to see USCIS is working to reduce their backlog and hopefully sharing work-load will not have issues with some applicants. Like when they share work-load for I-751 by transferring to other service centers, it did not help that much.  My two cents

Edited by dilip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.