2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, mz_066 said:

Congratulations,

How long it took to get the approval after your interview. I have my interview on June 26 which is 16 days ago whiteout hearing anything, also my online still shows interview notice, no updates. Did anyone has the same experience. I start getting anxious. 

David and  Ausa got both approval after few hours of their interview.  My interview was June 28 ( Friday) and got approval on July 3, 2019.  But after that , process is quick, got GC July 12, Oath 15th

14 minutes ago, dilip said:

David and  Ausa got both approval after few hours of their interview.  My interview was June 28 ( Friday) and got approval on July 3, 2019.  But after that , process is quick, got GC July 12, Oath 15th

I see, Thanks for your response. Was that in DC office? IDK what should I do now???

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

I see, Thanks for your response. Was that in DC office? IDK what should I do now???

You could write a letter to your IO officer who took your interview with local office address, it says in the paper you received after interview.  But I am hopeful that you will hear good news soon.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, AlfNel23 said:

Oath ceremony is today.

Online it says new card has been mailed, will I recieve a GC? If so, do I have to send it back to uscis?

Card has been mail needs to change card has been picked up by USPS and then card will be delivered.  In my case, card has been mailed message July 9, card picked up July 10th and card received today July 12, 2019.  

Informed to Oath officer that you did not receive your GC and hopefully, IO officer will allow you to take oath.  Let us know.

4 minutes ago, dilip said:

You could write a letter to your IO officer who took your interview with local office address, it says in the paper you received after interview.  But I am hopeful that you will hear good news soon.

Thanks Dilip, I already wrote a text through their website, but no response. Also, I made inquiry on I-751 even i didn't hit 19 month yet. And called 800 number and nobody give me anything useful.

The officer told me after my interview that I will get N-14 RFE by mail in a week, nut nothing happen yet. You mean just write a regular email send it ti him by mail?? Sorry this situation get me s mad.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

Thanks Dilip, I already wrote a text through their website, but no response. Also, I made inquiry on I-751 even i didn't hit 19 month yet. And called 800 number and nobody give me anything useful.

The officer told me after my interview that I will get N-14 RFE by mail in a week, nut nothing happen yet. You mean just write a regular email send it ti him by mail?? Sorry this situation get me s mad.

Yes , regular mail and sometimes old process works.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
19 hours ago, dilip said:

Congratulations Ausa enjoy your dinner , I am happy for you.  Waiting for the GC to arrive on Saturday and I will be all set on Monday.

@Ausa @dilip my oath scheduled for July 19th and my green card arriving tonight.

39 minutes ago, David1987 said:

@Ausa @dilip my oath scheduled for July 19th and my green card arriving tonight.

What time is your ceremony @dilip and @David1987?

I wonder if Philadelphia only runs them on a Monday and Friday...

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ausa said:

What time is your ceremony @dilip and @David1987?

I wonder if Philadelphia only runs them on a Monday and Friday...

Monday and Friday , I heard, Mine is Monday 7/15 @ 2 PM and David's 7/19 ( Friday)  I also learned from VJ that each day they held two ceremonies  one at 11 AM and another at 2 PM.  They usually last 1:30 to 2 hours and around 50 to 75 people.  When I went for Interview on June 28 ( Friday) and entered the building, I noticed people were waiting for 11 AM's ceremony 

Edited by dilip

quick question, in order for USCIS to conduct a combo interview during the N400 interview while I751 still pending, does the I751 status needs to change to " case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction" prior to the N400 interview? if so, how do you make USCIS do the case transfer prior to the N400 interview? Thank you. 

Timeline
On 7/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, Ausa said:

My experience today closely mirrored yours @David1987!

My status now shows: New Card is Being Produced as well as Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled.

I will update my timelines and provide more info on my experience later - it's off to dinner now for a small celebration. The big celebration is hopefully only a few weeks away!!!

Enjoy your ceremony on Monday @dilip

Local office Philly is doing well.  VSC keeps us waiting more than 19 months to approve I-751 GC on 12th, July and will get Citizenship on 15th July.  QUICK,  holding $638 GC for 3 days, because it will be taken during Oath.   But , no issue, since my ultimate goal is citizenship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
2 hours ago, dilip said:

Monday and Friday , I heard, Mine is Monday 7/15 @ 2 PM and David's 7/19 ( Friday)  I also learned from VJ that each day they held two ceremonies  one at 11 AM and another at 2 PM.  They usually last 1:30 to 2 hours and around 50 to 75 people.  When I went for Interview on June 28 ( Friday) and entered the building, I noticed people were waiting for 11 AM's ceremony 

Got home and found my green card in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.