2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
17 hours ago, bariki said:

I suppose I could wait until the end of the year and see where I am. If no progress has been made, I could file then.

File it. I got my citizenship very fast. I applied in december

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

[1] ROC--------Nov 27, 2017 ( VSC),

[2] Applied N-400----- Nov 25, 2018

[3] N-400 interview-   June 28, 2019- Philadelphia Local office

[4] Both I-751 and N-400 approved on July 3, 2019

[5] GC received on July 12, 2019

[6] Oath - July 15, 2019 and applied passport after Naturalization in Philly on the same day.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
17 hours ago, drmo said:

Thanks for sharing. While yours is also significant, I am specifically asking if this counting down in the order of days happens to those who are scheduled for an interview? Like if you're scheduled for the interview tomorrow, does your waiting time says "1 day"? The reason I am asking I am worried I am scheduled for the interview but they have missed informing me! 

Hey drmo,

My interview is scheduled on Wednesday July 17th and my estimated wait time changed to 4 months (November 2019) when I just checked. I think it was March 2020 before that.

I would suggest giving them a call like the the other posters who replied as well.

I received notification that my interview was scheduled on June 11th. The document showed up on the *Documents* tab on my account on June 13th. I received the physical notice in the mail a few days later.

Hope this helps.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, dilip said:

[1] ROC--------Nov 27, 2017 ( VSC),

[2] Applied N-400----- Nov 25, 2018

[3] N-400 interview-   June 28, 2019- Philadelphia Local office

[4] Both I-751 and N-400 approved on July 3, 2019

[5] GC received on July 12, 2019

[6] Oath - July 15, 2019 and applied passport after Naturalization in Philly on the same day.

Congratulations @dilip!

Timeline
On 7/14/2019 at 5:20 PM, bariki said:

Hi iceclub. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.

The USCIS processing estimate for my I-751 is 20 months. CSC, where my case is, has a huge case backlog - your case was processed in Nebraska, which tends to do better. That’d put me course for approval mid-2020 (though VJ’s estimate based on member experiences says I can expect approval by Dec 2019. That’d be super. That said, I only completed my biometrics last week, 9 months after filing. 2-3 months more seems.. optimistic.

Yeah, the poor communication between service centers and fields offices (for concurrent adjudication) is a worry. The 10-13 month processing time for N-400 at my local field office is another factor. I’d be looking at citizenship sometime in 2021. I’d rather like to have a say in the 2020 election. It’s also, of course, tempting to get this one final petition done and dusted as quickly as possible. Not dealing with USCIS ever again is a strong motivation.

Those are my reasons for wanting to file sooner and not wait. But, if it will cause an administrative nightmare, screwed up interviews and further confusion at USCIS? Those would be strong reasons against.

Except few cases, most of the cases were approved both i-751 and N-400.  If your I-751 has a lot of solid evidence and N-400 with no complication, then filing N-400 online is a good idea to cut down total time to be citizen.  See my timeline.  I am done with USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
7 minutes ago, dilip said:

Except few cases, most of the cases were approved both i-751 and N-400.  If your I-751 has a lot of solid evidence and N-400 with no complication, then filing N-400 online is a good idea to cut down total time to be citizen.  See my timeline.  I am done with USCIS.

@dilip OMG it's over..finally

I'm so happy for you. Congratulations.

Can u please detail your Oath ceremony? What do they do there and what should I expect?

How long did it take? How many ppl were there?

What do I need to bring to apply for the passport? Where did u apply for passport? What do I need prefilled? How happy are you now that u can finally put all this behind you..? 

It's been a long journey!!

Congrats again.

8 minutes ago, MK108 said:

Hey drmo,

My interview is scheduled on Wednesday July 17th and my estimated wait time changed to 4 months (November 2019) when I just checked. I think it was March 2020 before that.

I would suggest giving them a call like the the other posters who replied as well.

I received notification that my interview was scheduled on June 11th. The document showed up on the *Documents* tab on my account on June 13th. I received the physical notice in the mail a few days later.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much! This is very helpful. 

I called USCIS this morning but the person I talked to didn't really provide any information other than what I see in my account. He confirmed though that my appointment hasn't been scheduled yet. 

My problem is that we had planned to move out of state in less than a month but with the current developments, we're putting a hold which we know will definitely worth it. However, we really want to not lose our opportunity for the new job. Based on what I am hearing there will be over a month time between interview notice and the interview. Do you know if there is any way I can move the appointment earlier?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, David1987 said:

@dilip OMG it's over..finally

I'm so happy for you. Congratulations.

Can u please detail your Oath ceremony? What do they do there and what should I expect?

How long did it take? How many ppl were there?

What do I need to bring to apply for the passport? Where did u apply for passport? What do I need prefilled? How happy are you now that u can finally put all this behind you..? 

It's been a long journey!!

Congrats again.

Oath was 2 PM.  We all waited inside close to the receptionist area.  1:55 PM, they called all candidates to get into the naturalization hall and they checked the letter and gave a number and then ask to sit.  There were 68 people.  Around 2:30 PM , all guests were in.  Then standard  10-15 talk about citizenship and process and they called each of them to check the Naturalization certificate for correctness and took GC and the letter we received in mail.

Then oath, national anthem  and certification given and one minutes video of President.  All done by 3:30 PM.  Very friendly atmosphere.

I filled the passport application online and printed it and a copy of both side of the driver licence and one 2 x 2 inches Photo and went to 3000 Chestnut Street US post office and submitted the passport application.  

Timeline
24 minutes ago, drmo said:

Thanks so much! This is very helpful. 

I called USCIS this morning but the person I talked to didn't really provide any information other than what I see in my account. He confirmed though that my appointment hasn't been scheduled yet. 

My problem is that we had planned to move out of state in less than a month but with the current developments, we're putting a hold which we know will definitely worth it. However, we really want to not lose our opportunity for the new job. Based on what I am hearing there will be over a month time between interview notice and the interview. Do you know if there is any way I can move the appointment earlier?

Did you apply online? If you did, you should be able to send a message, with the Message/Inbox feature, to an IO referencing your application and request it. I'm not sure if they will oblige though.

It is difficult to make moving decisions when USCIS has our lives on chokehold. I'm glad I'll be done with it soon.

If your ROC is pending as well, I would say go for it for the move. However, if it's just your N-400, as much as missing out the new job will be unfortunate, I believe waiting it out is the best choice here.

They recently started working hard to get N-400 applications processed fast so it'll be sooner than later.

It would also help us to see where you are at on your immigration timeline here on VJ.com. Please fill it out when you get a chance. :)

Hope everything works out for the best!

1 hour ago, MK108 said:

Did you apply online? If you did, you should be able to send a message, with the Message/Inbox feature, to an IO referencing your application and request it. I'm not sure if they will oblige though.

It is difficult to make moving decisions when USCIS has our lives on chokehold. I'm glad I'll be done with it soon.

If your ROC is pending as well, I would say go for it for the move. However, if it's just your N-400, as much as missing out the new job will be unfortunate, I believe waiting it out is the best choice here.

They recently started working hard to get N-400 applications processed fast so it'll be sooner than later.

It would also help us to see where you are at on your immigration timeline here on VJ.com. Please fill it out when you get a chance. :)

Hope everything works out for the best!

Yes I applied online. Do you mean i use the online messaging system to request for earlier appointment? I tried it once and it seemed that they respond very machine like on there. Do you think they could be responsive to such request?

I have both ROC and N400 pending but I really don't want to mess with this if I'm getting an interview. My application dates are

11/9/2017 applied I-751

11/10/2018 applied N400

Thanks!

Hello,

I filled my I-751 August 20 2018 to California, my case starts with SRC and i did Biometrics back in December along with my kids that are included on my application.

I filled my N-400 Online, July 5th 2019, and my Biometrics letter is on its way.  Also my ROC case was transferred to The National Benefits Center, which does not have estimated time for I-751.  I am afraid to get stuck in limbo, because it is just my luck with everything I have gone trough with USCIS.  Does anyone has a similar experience wit the Missouri center?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, monicat71 said:

Hello,

I filled my I-751 August 20 2018 to California, my case starts with SRC and i did Biometrics back in December along with my kids that are included on my application.

I filled my N-400 Online, July 5th 2019, and my Biometrics letter is on its way.  Also my ROC case was transferred to The National Benefits Center, which does not have estimated time for I-751.  I am afraid to get stuck in limbo, because it is just my luck with everything I have gone trough with USCIS.  Does anyone has a similar experience wit the Missouri center?

Thank you in advance for your help!

NBC just serves as an intermediate stop before the application is routed to the local field office to arrange for an interview. So I don't think NBC's own processing delays have any critical role to play. In fact it is a good thing to see your I751 moving via NBC which means it is on its way to the local field office where it should get there to be processed along with the N400.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, drmo said:

Thanks, when did the change happen for you?

yesteray when i logged into my account. and i got an interview notice update the same day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.