46 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

You totally missed the point. He is literally maybe a few weeks away from getting the NOA2 to start the process of doing everything in the Philippines to bring his fiance to the USA. So why would he waste that just to fly there to get married and wait another 12 months to bring her to the USA? You act like I am new on the block and don't know anything. How are CR visas quicker or cheaper for him if he has already sent the money for the K1 visa and now he has to wait a few weeks instead of 12 months?

I agree with that.  The only reason I don't scrap the K-1 is so we can be together sooner.  What I was saying is he can complete the CR1 starting today and have the GC quicker and cheaper than the K1 process.  If they can handle another year not living together, that is a great option.  I wish I knew the timelines would get to 6 months for NOA2 when I filed.  The difference then would only be a month or 2 and she would have her GC in that time.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I agree with that.  The only reason I don't scrap the K-1 is so we can be together sooner.  What I was saying is he can complete the CR1 starting today and have the GC quicker and cheaper than the K1 process.  If they can handle another year not living together, that is a great option.  I wish I knew the timelines would get to 6 months for NOA2 when I filed.  The difference then would only be a month or 2 and she would have her GC in that time.

I agree it would be easier for a Greencard but I think he is more frustrated with the whole length of time it's taken for her petition to be processed. I don't know if he wants her here by Thanksgiving or Christmas but it looks like ASAP.

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

I agree it would be easier for a Greencard but I think he is more frustrated with the whole length of time it's taken for her petition to be processed. I don't know if he wants her here by Thanksgiving or Christmas but it looks like ASAP.

I believe they were blowing off some steam.  I feel the same way.  This has become frustrating because the trends are moving well past the 160 days.  I am predicting 180 will be the new normal processing time.  I am the pessimist of the group.  The problem is the optimist is at 160+ days!!!  

I want to be with my future asawa as quickly as possible so switching, although tempting, is not an option for me.  I do understand that if I filed the CR1 instead of the the K-1, we would probably be apart one to two more months but she would have the GC and I would have saved hundreds of dollars.  It would have made sense back then but not now.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

At least you know that there are several others waiting just as long right now, processing times are longer in general than they were last year, 6 months isn't that uncommon these days.

When we filed "the normal" was 2-3 months, that just made it even worse having to wait for 6. We still don't know what the hold-up was about.

Today the delay makes no difference whatsoever in our life, once you finally get to be together that wait will soon be forgotten, I promise.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

16 hours ago, Stephanie B said:

You’re so close!

Scrapping the K1 petition and starting over will stress you out more.  The CR1 will take about 14 months from start to finish.  

I’m sure you’ll hear something anyday now.

I have a CR-1 spousal petition that I am now waiting about 11 months and still not even an RFE (let alone my NOA2 this is taking forever), its like we need them but they don't need us so they take their time and I am more frustrated then ever!

I am a January Filer 1/17/17.. My case was transferred on May 25th to NSC from CSC where all K1 petitions are being processed. I found that odd cause they were working on no K1 cases according to USCIS Website. I sent multiple inquiries and they gave me no real answer. Finally getting my congress involved I got an RFE about a month ago. The RFE asked me to show proof of form I-130 being filed, which I never did since I was filing a K1 and never been married. I told my congressmen this and they responded to them telling USCIS why I dont have a I-130 form and only an I-129F. Turns out they responded and admitted there fault and mistake that they thought it was a K3 Visa I was filing for, hence the transfer to NSC where they are processing K3 petitions. My case just got updated again last Friday that it got transferred back to CSC, so I have been waiting 9 months because of a mistake on USCIS end so you can only imagine my frustration. You will get an answer very soon probably within a month or two the most, and if  you are outside of processing time don't bother filing and inquiry by yourself call your local congress and have them file it. Once I got them involved I got answers and they have just sent another somewhat demanding my case be expedited because of their own blunder. Hang in there it will come soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hope this will help you change your mind after reading my story.

My PD September 16, 2016 and today I am still waiting for my NOA2

Someone filed August 2016 and just got their NOA2 in the mail few days ago not weeks ago days ago.

So there I shouldn’t be far from that.

It’s best to wait then be sorry

its depend on who working on your case.

33 minutes ago, humamandrifa said:

I have a CR-1 spousal petition that I am now waiting about 11 months and still not even an RFE (let alone my NOA2 this is taking forever), its like we need them but they don't need us so they take their time and I am more frustrated then ever!

The CR-1s were always quoted as 12 to 14 months.  The K-1s started at 3 months when I filed in June and are now past 5 and close to 6 months just for the NOA2.  It is interesting to see if the CR visas are impacted like the K1.

CR-1s are trending quicker while K-1s are trending longer.  I hope you hear something soon!!!

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

17 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

If i do not get noa2 by the end of this month i am going to withdraw and just fly to her and marry in the phils then file cr1 probably be faster then this k1 stuff

don't give up wait till the end of this month 

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

The CR-1s were always quoted as 12 to 14 months.  The K-1s started at 3 months when I filed in June and are now past 5 and close to 6 months just for the NOA2.  It is interesting to see if the CR visas are impacted like the K1.

I think they were saying their I-130 is still pending after 11 months. Then NVC (~2-3 months if no checklists) to CC, then off to the embassy. So 11 months for the I-130 is unusual and will probably go past the 14 month estimate.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

CR-1s are trending quicker while K-1s are trending longer.  I hope you hear something soon!!!

Im not sure about always, but i know some people who got approved in 1 month, then 4 months and others longest is 7 months or less on CR-1 just for the I-130 ONLY. Not even the NVC yet. It might be impacted right now as too many people applied by Nov-Dev 2016. 

Thanks for the info! and best of luck on your K1! I usually think K1 were very fast

Just now, geowrian said:

I think they were saying their I-130 is still pending after 11 months. Then NVC (~2-3 months if no checklists) to CC, then off to the embassy. So 11 months for the I-130 is unusual and will probably go past the 14 month estimate.

Oh.  Yes, that is as bad as we are seeing.  I was looking at the trends on the immigration timelines page and the CR visa were trending quicker.

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 minutes ago, humamandrifa said:

Im not sure about always, but i know some people who got approved in 1 month, then 4 months and others longest is 7 months or less on CR-1 just for the I-130 ONLY. Not even the NVC yet. It might be impacted right now as too many people applied by Nov-Dev 2016. 

Thanks for the info! and best of luck on your K1! I usually think K1 were very fast

Yes, I misunderstood exactly where you were at.  Im sorry that you are taking much longer than I had heard from others here.  I wish you the best.  I hope you see the NOA2 this week so you can get this done as quickly as possible.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

Yes, I misunderstood exactly where you were at.  Im sorry that you are taking much longer than I had heard from others here.  I wish you the best.  I hope you see the NOA2 this week so you can get this done as quickly as possible.

actually im fine, im use to waiting so long that i cannot do anything anymore than my frustration just turns to an everyday life now so whatever happens then it happens even im doing everything i can getting service request contact senator ombudsman etc...no response so oh well...

Good luck to yours too and thanks!

Im doing to try to go to their infopass soon but i cant seem to get appointment so il walk in.

Doesn't hurt to try whatever works if your case would be pending like mines (11 months and still waiting) almost a year on USCIS Only

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.