2,704 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Westo said:

Just dropping in to say hello to everyone I have been about but mainly lurking in the background. 

So glad to see we've made it to November 🙌and most of the NOA1's are in the bag whoop whoop 

Oooh and while I'm here, quick question if I may 

I'm meeting Matt in Vegas in December as he has a work event. 

Has anyone flown into Vegas as a fiancee? Are the border people as scary as Atlanta ...it reduces me to a shaking wreck and i end up sounding like Elmer Fudd🙈

I have flights booked to go back to Atlanta after a week then a flight back to the UK the first week in Jan and also a train ticket from the airport to my home city so with all the tickets and a letter giving permission for the holiday from my employer I'm hoping it will be enough evidence.

From everything I have been told on here and read on free legal advice websites you are perfectly able to travel while the K1 in pending but it's really up to the POE officer whether he/she plans to return. I feel like if you've never over stayed your visits, have return tickets, and you'll have a case number to show you should be fine. Me and my fiance have been together for three years and he has made several trips within that over here. They always ask him why he's here, they always rifle through his luggage and break his locks but never have denied him entry. He's already planning a trip in January to stay for a few weeks during it pending. He's just going to carry the copy of our petition just in case they ask to see it. 

Atlanta in our opinion is no where near as bad as some because he does a lot of lay overs to save money. He's done Orlanda, New York, New Jersey, Boston, and Atlanta. New York is by far the worst. Good luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brittani said:

From everything I have been told on here and read on free legal advice websites you are perfectly able to travel while the K1 in pending but it's really up to the POE officer whether he/she plans to return. I feel like if you've never over stayed your visits, have return tickets, and you'll have a case number to show you should be fine. Me and my fiance have been together for three years and he has made several trips within that over here. They always ask him why he's here, they always rifle through his luggage and break his locks but never have denied him entry. He's already planning a trip in January to stay for a few weeks during it pending. He's just going to carry the copy of our petition just in case they ask to see it. 

Atlanta in our opinion is no where near as bad as some because he does a lot of lay overs to save money. He's done Orlanda, New York, New Jersey, Boston, and Atlanta. New York is by far the worst. Good luck to you!

I live in Vegas and I hope everything is going to be good😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My worst experience has been Houston. I had to wait for three hours for a secundary screening. After that i decided to apply for a B2 visa instead of the ESTA. After that i havent had bad experiences anymore at POE's. I entered New Orleans and Atlanta.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brittani said:

Thank you, Brittani, I haven't had locks broken yet ...but goodness me I won't be going anywhere near N.Y after your advice, would dissolve into a complete mess with the stress of it all 🙈

Good luck to you guys too x 

• 10/02/2017 - I 129F sent 
  • 10/11/2017 - NOA

2 minutes ago, Westo said:

Thank you, Brittani, I haven't had locks broken yet ...but goodness me I won't be going anywhere near N.Y after your advice, would dissolve into a complete mess with the stress of it all 🙈

my last trip through Charlotte, I had a broken lock. LOL. I never had it before.. I am assuming because I had 1 Kilo glutamate with me. well I am Asian and we love  to put some glutamate in our food xD

James said maybe t hat was the reason they opened my luggage as glutamate looks like meth xD

James only shook his head when I took out big bag of glutamate that enough for 7 years off my luggage :D:D:D

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Timeline
7 minutes ago, r1mario said:

My worst experience has been Houston. I had to wait for three hours for a secundary screening. After that i decided to apply for a B2 visa instead of the ESTA. After that i havent had bad experiences anymore at POE's. I entered New Orleans and Atlanta.

Thanks R1mario,

3 hours!!!!🙈🙈🙈🙈wow that's awful.

Well I guess we will see how it goes with Vegas, I wish I could just say ....have you met my Mum ...there's no way I would get married without her ...my life wouldn't be worth living 😨🙈😂

• 10/11/2017 - NOA

1 minute ago, Westo said:

Thank you! Yeah, it's so frustrating. He just went back again and told me they did it once again. The only thing I can think of is they just want to make sure he isn't buying stuff here or bring stuff here and trying to sell it here or there for a profit. The only stuff he ever brings here or takes back is gifts for me and our girls and then takes back gifts for his family over there like this time we did Christmas shopping together but he's never ever had any problems being denied. 

When we were waiting at JFK to fly over together it was just not a good experience. Everything was mega expensive like most airports plus New York pricing, it was poorly laid out, and the security people were extremely rude. Openly complaining about the smell of feet weeelll you guys do make thousands of us take our shoes off, then when I was standing with our infant daughter and my 5 year old daughter waiting for them to finish up checking my fiance they screamed at me to move. I was just trying to not get separated from him. Definitely no hurt feelings or anything but I would do my best to not experience JFK ever again. Boston's airport was absolutely wonderful. That's where we were before JFK.

3 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

my last trip through Charlotte, I had a broken lock. LOL. I never had it before.. I am assuming because I had 1 Kilo glutamate with me. well I am Asian and we love  to put some glutamate in our food xD

James said maybe t hat was the reason they opened my luggage as glutamate looks like meth xD

James only shook his head when I took out big bag of glutamate that enough for 7 years off my luggage :D:D:D

Haha dang, that's funny but they always put all his stuff back and try their best to be neat about it so that's one plus.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

Hi Christy & J 

I laughed at your post because I love two things from the UK ...HP sauce and PGTips tea

Can't tell you how happy I was when we found a store with both ....Matt now has a pantry full of the stuff 😂

• 10/11/2017 - NOA

1 minute ago, Westo said:

Hi Christy & J 

I laughed at your post because I love two things from the UK ...HP sauce and PGTips tea

Can't tell you how happy I was when we found a store with both ....Matt now has a pantry full of the stuff 😂

hahaha I know right ! I still need to find a shop that sell Indonesian stuff and would delivery it. :D  

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all!

I'm new here, I sent out my K1 October 26th and received my NOA1 on November 2nd. I guess I'm considered November but I'll keep up with both forums. I hope everyone has a great week! 

49 minutes ago, Novah said:

Hi all!

I'm new here, I sent out my K1 October 26th and received my NOA1 on November 2nd. I guess I'm considered November but I'll keep up with both forums. I hope everyone has a great week! 

Welcome ! and Good Luck

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome all new and returning posters! I had this gut feeling to avoid JFK when I was booking my flight so I chose to go through Detroit instead. I haven't seen any bad reviews for Detroit so wish me luck :). I've been keeping myself busy to not worry too much and to just watch the days go by faster :D.

Edited by AnaUmo

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

On 31/10/2017 at 8:15 PM, Mirte said:

Hey there Liz, nice to e-meet you! Good luck to you too :)

I've read that JFK can be a tricky POE btw, and also wondering what the NYC local office will be like once we file for AOS. We'll find out some time next year I guess. Are you visiting NYC in the meantime? Would love to stay in touch!

Thank you Mirte :)  I'm not going to NYC anytime soon as far as our plans go. He was just here to visit me though, and I was there in August. I think for Christmas we'll be going somewhere else, but we haven't decided yet.

What about you? Where in the city will you be by the way? We should definitely stay in touch! And thanks for the heads up about JFK - I've been so completely focused on researching the medical requirements and the embassy interview, to not even mention trying to figure out what to do with the all the free time while awaiting the employment authorization... (I will need to find a real hobby, or maybe two :P). 

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 11/3/2017 at 4:36 AM, ChuAni said:

The NOA 1 date will be written, as Notice Date. Check the mail you got.

Oh ok thank you! Haven’t gotten the mail notice yet, but I guess I’ll know soon enough. Going to have to develop a lot more patience for this process haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.