2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
1 minute ago, hannahr said:

Well I filled parts of it, the beneficiary part because that was easier. So would I have to sign somewhere too??

No just him

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kat123 said:

No just him

so they won't question different handwritings?? I signed some of the additional papers we supplied with but on the actual I-129F application we both filled out different parts of it. I just want to make sure its fine for him to be the only one who signs it. Anyone else done this, where you both filled it out together? :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, hannahr said:

so they won't question different handwritings?? I signed some of the additional papers we supplied with but on the actual I-129F application we both filled out different parts of it. I just want to make sure its fine for him to be the only one who signs it. Anyone else done this, where you both filled it out together? :)

I'm not sure about handwriting,but it is only one part to sign on the form and is for petitioner because he is petitioning for you,i would call immigration to ask just to make sure if is ok to have 2 different handwriting's 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, hannahr said:

The only thing my fiancee signed was his intent to marry statement. I signed everything.. that is our pictures with timestamps, and the actual petition. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

The only thing my fiancee signed was his intent to marry statement. I signed everything.. that is our pictures with timestamps, and the actual petition. 

Same here

Timeline
36 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

Right, but I assuming then you filled out and signed the I-129F form? We both wrote on in, the beneficiary portion I filled out myself and he's doing the rest.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, hannahr said:

Right, but I assuming then you filled out and signed the I-129F form? We both wrote on in, the beneficiary portion I filled out myself and he's doing the rest.

you may just be ok? I do not want to assume what the officer may think. Since he filled out the rest and you filled out your own info. I know it is easier to do it that way, I just wanted (in my own case), to have everything uniform to avoid any chance of being flagged. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, hannahr said:

They have part where they asking if someone was helping him to fill a form that i think you will need to sign,i would just let him rewrite everything by himself it is less complicated

33 minutes ago, Kat123 said:

They have part where they asking if someone was helping him to fill a form that i think you will need to sign,i would just let him rewrite everything by himself it is less complicated

They mean an agency or lawyer.  They assume that the petitioner and beneficiary will work on it together.  Relax.  They do not check handwriting.  They check for complete and properly filled out forms.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
39 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

They mean an agency or lawyer.  They assume that the petitioner and beneficiary will work on it together.  Relax.  They do not check handwriting.  They check for complete and properly filled out forms.  

Okay, so you think that even if the handwritings on the I-129F is different they won't care? I just figured I would fill out the beneficiary part since I'm currently in the US visiting and we are gonna fill it out and send it before I go back to Norway. i know I keep asking the same question haha. I have signed my intent to marry document. :)

3 minutes ago, hannahr said:

Okay, so you think that even if the handwritings on the I-129F is different they won't care? I just figured I would fill out the beneficiary part since I'm currently in the US visiting and we are gonna fill it out and send it before I go back to Norway. i know I keep asking the same question haha. I have signed my intent to marry document. :)

I do not believe that they care about the hand writing at all. They do care that everything is legible.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, hannahr said:

This may be a stupid question, but why aren't you typing it. I would assume typing would be preferred by anyone reviewing it.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

This may be a stupid question, but why aren't you typing it. I would assume typing would be preferred by anyone reviewing it.

They ask you to use black ink on the application though? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, hannahr said:

They ask you to use black ink on the application though? 

If you are going to hand write it they do. The thing to do is just open the PDF and type in all your answers and click the check boxes then print and sign. Also a bonus to this is you can just reprint a page if you find a mistake while reviewing.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

If you are going to hand write it they do. The thing to do is just open the PDF and type in all your answers and click the check boxes then print and sign. Also a bonus to this is you can just reprint a page if you find a mistake while reviewing.

Aaaah I did not even realize I could do it for this document for some reason. Silly of me..That's a good idea. Thanks!!:D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.