2,704 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Brittani said:

It so would. My dream would be to get married on March 19th. That's my grandparents wedding anniversary. They raised me and neither are no longer alive so it would be so special buuuuttt if not I won't be to upset. I just tell myself as long as we are together that's the most important thing. I did check based on my time line that the approval (NO2) for us would be around March in the 20's but no one can predict anything.

awe sweet !

Yes my estimate same, like we will get NOA2 around March. but I saw some of application got approved within 2-3 Months, let's pray :D

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

3 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

awe sweet !

Yes my estimate same, like we will get NOA2 around March. but I saw some of application got approved within 2-3 Months, let's pray :D

Yes mam, fingers crossed for everyone :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 10/19/2017 at 9:48 PM, Chris J said:

Thank you!! I'm very nervous, triple thinking everything when it comes to the documents, praying i provided everything correct.. Awesome, I will definitely do that! I went through Rapid Visa and they said it was sent today, so we'll see what happens.

We work with Rapid Visa too! Our petition was sent out on the 20th. 

17 minutes ago, Yulie77 said:

We work with Rapid Visa too! Our petition was sent out on the 20th. 

I'm sure you did everything perfectly. I feel like I did. I notice from on here that people get a lot of RFE. I'm curious to know what it's usually for..

3 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I'm sure you did everything perfectly. I feel like I did. I notice from on here that people get a lot of RFE. I'm curious to know what it's usually for..

There is a forum here that discusses the most common RFEs. Check it out. It seems like RFEs only add a couple weeks to the wait as long as they are answered right away. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, EllyNelly said:

Hi everybody. I'm a newbie here. Got my receipt letter October 16th. Fiancee and I from same background.. Parents knew each other.. And have been back and forth and hoping this will not be a long wait. A friend of mine did the same and her fiancee just had interview. She said approval took about 3 months... Im hoping mine does as well :(

Front load your petition and have really great proof of relationship. Nigeria is a high fraud Embassy. Meeting through friends is very suspicious to the CO. They will think that two other people got you together just to get a visa and bring others later. Just anticipate those questions. There were some May and June filers from another high fraud Embassy that were rejected because they met through one of their grandmothers and the other mother. 

Just  be prepared for those questions and have great proof of a real relationship and you will be fine. 

Expect the the wait for non expedited petitions to be 6 months for NOA2. Hopefully by the time they get to October it will be a little quicker but it won’t be much. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Front load your petition and have really great proof of relationship. Nigeria is a high fraud Embassy. Meeting through friends is very suspicious to the CO. They will think that two other people got you together just to get a visa and bring others later. Just anticipate those questions. There were some May and June filers from another high fraud Embassy that were rejected because they met through one of their grandmothers and the other mother. 

Just  be prepared for those questions and have great proof of a real relationship and you will be fine. 

Expect the the wait for non expedited petitions to be 6 months for NOA2. Hopefully by the time they get to October it will be a little quicker but it won’t be much. 

What I meant was it turns out our family knew each other... That is why I mean we are from the same village (not related) and he came and visit and we were dating for almost a year... He lived in the UK for a while too. I'm aware of stories as I am Nigerian myself.. Lol trust me we have all the proof if our relationship. My friend who I said hers was approved in three months.. His was Ghana and she isn't even Ghanaian. 

Edited by EllyNelly

4 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

What I meant was it turns out our family knew each other... That is why I mean we are from the same village (not related) and he came and visit and we were dating for almost a year... He lived in the UK for a while too. I'm aware of stories as I am Nigerian myself.. Lol trust me we have all the proof if our relationship. My friend who I said hers was approved in three months.. His was Ghana and she isn't even Ghanaian. 

I just wanted to make sure you are ready for the questions. That is ther job. Good luck. I’m sure it will all be fine 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

So we are filling out the I-129F, and is it okay if we Both write on it? Or does the petitioner have to do the actual writing part? I'm currently visiting my Bf and I'm filling out the part thats for the beneficiary, so do we both have to sign the application then? Or how does that work? I don't really want to print out another set of forms hahah.:P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Doesn't matter who is writhing,just make sure that is only one person doing it and that information r correct,petitioner is only one who sign the frorm😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I hope so not,they r so picky,my friend didn't put names,location and date on there pictures and they returned to her to do it,I'm so nervous about whole proces 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

There is a forum here that discusses the most common RFEs. Check it out. It seems like RFEs only add a couple weeks to the wait as long as they are answered right away. 

5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I just wanted to make sure you are ready for the questions. That is ther job. Good luck. I’m sure it will all be fine 

Okies! I understand

Timeline
26 minutes ago, hannahr said:

So we are filling out the I-129F, and is it okay if we Both write on it? Or does the petitioner have to do the actual writing part? I'm currently visiting my Bf and I'm filling out the part thats for the beneficiary, so do we both have to sign the application then? Or how does that work? I don't really want to print out another set of forms hahah.:P

Would I fill out Part 7. on page 11 maybe? 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Kat123 said:

Doesn't matter who is writhing,just make sure that is only one person doing it and that information r correct,petitioner is only one who sign the frorm😀

Well I filled parts of it, the beneficiary part because that was easier. So would I have to sign somewhere too??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.