Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Talako said:

I don’t know which of you I am talking to, but make sure it is submitted by the person in the Philippines.  This is because he/she is submitting and electronically signing the form. The embassy will be able to tell if the US fiancé/fiancée does it instead.

Oh yeah that's ok cuz I (the petitioner) am currently in the Philippines with him (the beneficiary). And he's the one who filled up the whole thing. Thanks so much :)

Timeline

Just adding my data to the thread here.

[NOA2 Date: 9/23/2017]

Been calling the NVC daily since Monday(10/09) for my case #... they keep telling me to call back in 6 weeks.... 

They said today that they received the case yesterday(10/10), but it can take 2 weeks for them to assign a case #.

Once I have the Case #, We can schedule the interview, yes?

Timeline
8 hours ago, Talako said:

Sorry, I'm a little confused.  Your visa was issued today or the status was changed to "Issued?"

Status on ceac changed to Issued. Apologies 

8 hours ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

we go side by side ))))))))))))

I know right.😘

21 minutes ago, krizia said:

Status on ceac changed to Issued. Apologies 

I know right.😘

Thanks for letting me know. We’re watching it closely waiting for it change to issued. Good to know it will change.  Resubmitting the NBI clearance delayed us. They received it the day before your interview, so I hope it will be soon for us.

Finally done.

1 hour ago, Zhen-Zhen-n-James said:

Just adding my data to the thread here.

[NOA2 Date: 9/23/2017]

Been calling the NVC daily since Monday(10/09) for my case #... they keep telling me to call back in 6 weeks.... 

They said today that they received the case yesterday(10/10), but it can take 2 weeks for them to assign a case #.

Once I have the Case #, We can schedule the interview, yes?

Yes, but you need to pay the fee first.

Finally done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Got our NVC number today. Yay! Gonna schedule medical tonight when I get on a real computer. What about scheduling interview? Attorney said wait til medical is done. Again, sorry for asking questions that have most likely already been addressed :) 

Happy for you girl things are just flying I hope everything goes well with both of u . It's almost done ❤

Timeline
8 hours ago, Keith & Monica said:

The only advise I can give is, Smile and answer honestly.  That should be all you need.  You will show them that you have a genuine relationship and that the two(three) of you deserve to be together.  Good Luck.

Mike I'm looking forward to your guys interview as well. It's been a real whirl wind of requirements.

Any luck on getting the house sold?

Steven

Timeline
29 minutes ago, amishbaby said:

Hey everyone! WOW, I have so much to write and it's been a while! Cameron got through the POE on October 2nd successfully, no issues at LAX. He went from Sydney to LAX, LAX to Philadelphia, and Philadelphia to Wilkes Barre/Scranton. I will tell you the moment he told me he got through the POE, I was stoked and I knew our lives have officially begun. It was the best feeling in the world, but on the other hand, I felt a wave of sadness. This was when the shooting in vegas happened, or at least breaking news of it, and I was in a state of shock. (I hate hearing or seeing graphic stuff like that in the news.) The plane he was on was grounded I'm assuming because of the shooting since his flight had to go to Las Vegas, Nevada after he departed the plane. Everything went to plan and he arrived to my area (Wilkes Barre/Scranton) without any issues, safely, whew. It was literally a 24 hour trip from Sydney to Scranton, PA. Not too bad and I managed to get a ton of work I had to do while he was on his way. He got to the last airport around 11pm my time, and the Lyft trip we got him to my house got him here around 12:17am. He stood in my door and scared the living day light out of me but it was so surreal when I finally looked at him in my room again. I struggled to kiss him since that's what he wanted to do, but I just wanted to stare at him almost in a sense of shock that I couldn't believe he was standing here and we got through this. So, it was an amazing night. I will say we managed to complete a whole bunch of stuff in a very short period of time. A few days ago, we filed for a marriage license and paid the $50 fee. We ordered our 3 tier (purple, black, and white) cake with flowers. That's gonna be $75, which isn't bad price wise. We also got the engagement ring for me yesterday, it's gorgeous, I'll post a picture here for you guys. We ordered the engagement rings and in total since were basically broke it was just a little under a thousand for the wedding bands and the engagement ring, so I'm feeling super happy that we got that out of the way. I ordered the cake topper, our champagne glasses which are personalized with our names and the date of our wedding, and the garter all online yesterday. We found a pastor who doesn't mind us not being affiliated with any religion, and we finally just met him for the first time today to discuss the details of our marriage on November 11th. He said we're going to do a rehearsal the day before the wedding, so the 10th is our rehearsal date. I just have to pick up our wedding rings now because they had to be sized, so they said they will call when my ring is ready and email when my fiancee's ring is ready. Literally, I have everything done. Well, just about. I booked the DJ for $250, then when he's at the wedding I pay him another $250 and he's this really cool guy from New York who has been in a music video with Whitney Houstan. We got such a good deal. We went to Social Security yesterday and that was October 10th, and he's been here since the 2nd so they told us to come back next week and then he can file for his social security card. So, we just have to do that, get his state ID by going to our local DMV, get a keg of beer for our wedding, snacks/chips, and buy the champagne. We aren't going to overly decorate or anything. I know I still have to call to book our honeymoon at Cove Haven in the Poconos, and I'm looking forward to that. I need a break because I will say that I've been super stressed with organizing everything in such a short period of time. I've been trying to keep track of who's coming and not coming to the wedding as well so that we have enough food for the catering. But, we literally only have the honeymoon to book and for us to get his SS card and ID with the state. Other than that, some little stuff I have to buy for the wedding. We got everything, and were all ready to be married November 11th. :) I also organized the catering, and just have to pay for that. About $390, so not too bad. Then, looks like I will be focusing on Adjustment of Status.

I hope everything has been going well with everyone!! I've been so happy, so stressed, and massively busy which is why I haven't posted!! I wish you all the very best and will speak soon when things get a little less busy! Talk to you all very soon. <3

Well you two certainly have been busy. Congrats on the reunion!

Steven

Timeline

My question to my fellow filers from the Philippines or to people who's any idea about it: What are your thoughts about the driver's license when the beneficiary enters the US? Do you need an international driver's license or you could just get a new one in the US? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sally08

Timeline

Ok. So BIG question. Why do you guys think I have two case numbers? So i got my 'ready' status on ceac. But at the bottom i have 2 case #s. Both has the same MNL. Like MNLXXXXXXXXXX 01, and the other one is MNLXXXXXXXXXX 02. What could this mean? I've read the same issue years ago here in vj but there was no answer. HELP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.