28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, abhatia315 said:

I tired calling court house but its closed as of now.. I will go to court clerk and figurer this thing out.. I am so scared.. 

I got the same thing and i never registered to vote!! it comes from DMV! driver license records!! you have a driver license i assume, right??

i just wrote NOT A US CITIZEN across the letter, signed it and mailed it back and no issues:) hope that helps!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, abhatia315 said:

That’s next thing on my mind. But I remember going to DMV in March and they speciafically asked to me show my green card in order for me to get my driving licence. I presented my green card and got my licence. I hope they have not made any mistake :( that’s what I am really worried about.. 

I drive myself crazy over these little things too!!!! my husband just got his passport and i check it 5x to make sure he checked wife not a us citizen box. lmao and i swear, im still asking him 'did you make sure the lady entered it correctly'

but yeah, it comes fromt he DMV list. and im sure the DMV did not enter it wrong, especially since she asked to see your greencard! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 hours ago, abhatia315 said:

Its your USCIS# right below your name on your green card. it is also know as alien number.

Alien number and greencard number isn't the same thing. The alien number is easy to find on the front of your greencard, the greencard number is hidden on the back of your card, in the weird field that looks like it's reflective or how to explain it. One has to look very closely to find it. It's usually the same as the receipt number your application had with the USCIS.

That's at least what it looks like for us who have the CF1 category, not sure if it's different for others.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
1 hour ago, Scandi said:

Alien number and greencard number isn't the same thing. The alien number is easy to find on the front of your greencard, the greencard number is hidden on the back of your card, in the weird field that looks like it's reflective or how to explain it. One has to look very closely to find it. It's usually the same as the receipt number your application had with the USCIS.

That's at least what it looks like for us who have the CF1 category, not sure if it's different for others.

Should have added a picture, my post sounded confusing. 1414076276401_wps_2_Along_with_its_solic

Edited by Scandi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, abhatia315 said:

I have never registered for vote as I am not a Us citizen then how come I got this Jury Letter? It says I have been randomly selected for jury duty.. I have mailed the letter stating that I am not a US citizen and I am on green card. But I am freaking how come I got selected since I am on a green card? I can guarantee I have never registered for voting as it can harm my citizenship. I am so scared.. anyone has experienced this before? 

An actual printed and mailed letter?  I think they go by having a drivers license in places.  If you have a Drivers License that may be it.  You MUST either get a waiver or go.  If you go, it does not mean you will be selected.  I've been called several times over the years,  waived a couple times, dismissed once,  and went but not called to interview twice. 

5 hours ago, Scandi said:

Same for CR1 and IR1 too. I think all I-551 cards look the same.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, caliliving said:

I drive myself crazy over these little things too!!!! my husband just got his passport and i check it 5x to make sure he checked wife not a us citizen box. lmao and i swear, im still asking him 'did you make sure the lady entered it correctly'

but yeah, it comes fromt he DMV list. and im sure the DMV did not enter it wrong, especially since she asked to see your greencard! 

lol.. I hate mini heart attacks when it comes to immigration... 

My Time line is Updated! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Highmystic said:

An actual printed and mailed letter?  I think they go by having a drivers license in places.  If you have a Drivers License that may be it.  You MUST either get a waiver or go.  If you go, it does not mean you will be selected.  I've been called several times over the years,  waived a couple times, dismissed once,  and went but not called to interview twice. 

thank you for the information.. :) 

My Time line is Updated! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Scandi said:

thank you for the information.. I learned something new today.. but when I filled out my job application I was asked to file green card number and on the corner of the application it said " starting with A#" so I assumed thats my green card number.. 

My Time line is Updated! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, caliliving said:

I got the same thing and i never registered to vote!! it comes from DMV! driver license records!! you have a driver license i assume, right??

i just wrote NOT A US CITIZEN across the letter, signed it and mailed it back and no issues:) hope that helps!

Exactly this! Happened to me and I did the same thing, did not hear back until I became a citizen more than a decade ago.

Obviously nothing has changed in the last 20 years, still randomly sending these out without crosschecking the citizenship info. Would save a lot of hassle, stamps, trees and ink too, but I digress... :rolleyes:

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
19 hours ago, abhatia315 said:

Thank you! there was a link mentioned on the summon and I entered the information. I click on I am not a us citizen and its asked my green card number.. I entered my green card number. thats all.. 

thank you so much!! 

Make sure to keep that letter together with the print out of what you submitted in your safe with other Immigration documents.

I've gotten about 3 from 2 different counties. 1 was cancelled before I could reply, and the other two I informed them I was not a USC.  They take them randomly from the DMV when you get a driver's license, regardless of if you registered to vote or not.  Don't worry.  The only cause to worry would be if you actually sat on a jury as an LPR. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
6 hours ago, abhatia315 said:

thank you for the information.. I learned something new today.. but when I filled out my job application I was asked to file green card number and on the corner of the application it said " starting with A#" so I assumed thats my green card number.. 

Yeah they have confused themselves a little bit there then as those two numbers are different. They should've written "alien number" on the form then, not greencard number. 

The alien number isn't a card number. Just like all K-1 filers I had an alien number before I even had a visa to come to the US, long before I became an LPR and actually got a greencard.

Edited by Scandi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.