AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

gosh what i just realize - since i am moving back to my family (yessss i know, i was naive when i put in my 3 months notification and believed noa2 would come by end of jan) in a few, do we need to contact them to adjust my address???? and if so - just send an additional letter stating i moved or adjust the entire darn form again?

PS: my VJ timeline also stated first week of jan when we filed... and a few people i know got their visa in hand within 3 months (a year ago) so.... don't call me names now lol

Edited by Swissmiss82
forgot something

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

gosh what i just realize - since i am moving back to my family (yessss i know, i was naive when i put in my 3 months notification and believed noa2 would come by end of jan) in a few, do we need to contact them to adjust my address???? and if so - just send an additional letter stating i moved or adjust the entire darn form again?

PS: my VJ timeline also stated first week of jan when we filed... and a few people i know got their visa in hand within 3 months (a year ago) so.... don't call me names now lol

So as I'm doing the same thing this is what I came up with:

learn if your embassy sends a packet or only sends instructions through e-mail.

in my case it does send a packet (well japan is not really technologically as advanced as people think but we do have awesome postal system) so do not send anything in this stage, but when you have a case number. Let your embassy know that the beneficiary changed address. Not before that as it may complicate the petition.

and on your day-160 put the new address because that's where they will send the passport 

voila!

3 hours ago, Naes said:

So as I'm doing the same thing this is what I came up with:

learn if your embassy sends a packet or only sends instructions through e-mail.

in my case it does send a packet (well japan is not really technologically as advanced as people think but we do have awesome postal system) so do not send anything in this stage, but when you have a case number. Let your embassy know that the beneficiary changed address. Not before that as it may complicate the petition.

and on your day-160 put the new address because that's where they will send the passport 

voila!

i spoke to a swiss person that was in this situation in june, and she got her packet via email, 3 and 4 actually.

will still double check on the website if both if possible or not... 

thanks for the tip :) you rock, but you already know! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Random question, anyone else in the VJ Facebook group? And if so, were you guys also approached by a lady supposedly representing TLC about a docu-series about the K1 process? Lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, dejene said:

Random question, anyone else in the VJ Facebook group? And if so, were you guys also approached by a lady supposedly representing TLC about a docu-series about the K1 process? Lol

No, but I've had a handful of friends suggest that I contact them for that show.

Um...no.   *Way* too much manufactured drama!!! :-)

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Pajares said:

No, but I've had a handful of friends suggest that I contact them for that show.

Um...no.   *Way* too much manufactured drama!!! :-)

Really!! I was saying, there's no way we would be selected. We're probably going to end up going the CR-1 route now anyway, but we're nowhere near the typical couple that you see on there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, dejene said:

She wrote me a message too, I wrote her back but never responded after. Still i didn't know to much aboutthat show and I still didn't know if I really want to be in since is low pay only 1000$ per episode that she said. I think is not worthy to be for hrs in front of camera for that less. ...in one way I was thinking to considered just to prove that are still exist good couple who are really in love because what I heard most of the couples who go to that show end up breaking. I don't know it's just acting or for real....but if will be just acting and not real I will not do it. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, dejene said:

Really!! I was saying, there's no way we would be selected. We're probably going to end up going the CR-1 route now anyway, but we're nowhere near the typical couple that you see on there.

To do cr1 route and start again after you wait for so long, 😮😭I think will be so hard. Try to wait is my advice and a miracle can happen to get the visa faster.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, HarmonyAndYoussef said:

I know people who have waited almost 2 years doing a CR-1. If I had to, I'd do it but patience is a virtue. I'm trying to understand that quote myself during this process. I'm going to see my fiancé on january 30th.. and my job said I've already taken 3 trips since September and they can't grant me anymore. At least not for about 4 months down the road. I've been trying to go every two months. 

I was wondering. People start filing taxes now and we are kinda in the "may or may not have our 2017 taxes filed by the time we are approved" timeframe - do you think they'll ask for 2016 plus a letter from your current employer or something ? 

I think they will ask for 2016 but I think if you have w2 form you will still be fine. Since by law we have time to do our taxes until April 15. I heard some people had a letter from their employer but I don't know if it's a must to have it or not. 

Also, depends who's the sponsor you or someone else is helping you with the case. 

9 hours ago, dejene said:

bwahahahaha yesssssssss - I got contacted by them also!!!! :D I thought it was a joke so my Mister made me ask more questions, and turns out that it wasn't a joke.... but... it's not our cup of tea ;) 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Soya & Dama said:

To do cr1 route and start again after you wait for so long, 😮😭I think will be so hard. Try to wait is my advice and a miracle can happen to get the visa faster.

No, I would move there while we wait for approval. So it would be shorter. We would get married in May (4 days after our 3 year anniversary), actually get to take our honeymoon this year since it's abroad, and then go to Germany to wait it out. I will probably end up better for us anyway. One of the reasons we chose the US was because career wise it's easier for him to transfer his career to the US, but temporarily, it's probably better. He makes slightly more money than I do, but the cost of living there is not as high as in CA and there's a minimum 6 weeks vacation as opposed to here where that's not even guaranteed. He wants us to wait to move to the states until after our kids are born since we'd get a year materninty/paternity leave (split between the two of us), but I want my kids to be born in the states. Also, I've done the whole living in Germany thing. I know I'll want to come home after awhile lol.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Swissmiss82 said:

bwahahahaha yesssssssss - I got contacted by them also!!!! :D I thought it was a joke so my Mister made me ask more questions, and turns out that it wasn't a joke.... but... it's not our cup of tea ;) 

Yeah I was wondering if it was a joke too! There's no way I would do it! But I love torturing the people in my life, so I've been acting like I want to convince them so bad!! My fiance was all, "Wait, you REALLY want to do the show?!?!" I keep asking my family to manufacture drama by pretending they don't like him. They REFUSE!! This weekend I joked that they almost like him more than they like me. My parents did not laugh or try to deny it, they were just sitting there like

giphy.webp

Oh well!! Lol!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.