AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, AbenaKofi said:

Oh wow!  I'm also early Sept - NOA1 9/11 so hopefully we get good news at the same time :) I'm sure the little one will keep you oh-so-busy during the wait!

I looked at your timeline and our I129f estimate dates are similar! Your NOA1 was 9/11 and my NOA1 was 9/12 just one day off from yours. So cool to see that we'll possibly be going through this journey together and will be reunited with our lovers around the same time. I wish you the best of luck!!!

Edited by needlesss

Good morning fellow September filers! I’m really excited today because we're going into a new calendar month and are thus entering our third month in this process :D The waiting time is not exactly a cause for celebration, but I definitely feel relieved that our petitions are not so fresh anymore. Also, things are really starting to get real for me - I've made all the preparations that I believe are possible, and frankly next month it will be time for me to give my notice at work (yes I know - I'm not crazy, I just have a really long period of notice with my employer). I will of course reassess the situation once there, but that's the plan at the moment and it makes it feel a lot more tangible :) 

Wishing everyone a great day and a nice holiday spirit this weekend! And please share with the rest of us if you've found anything that will speed up the process once our petitions reach embassies/consulates, such as interview evidence that is possible to collect already or similar. I think I've got everything in my action plan, but looking for some advice never hurts. :wub:

h

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, LizM said:

Good morning fellow September filers! I’m really excited today because we're going into a new calendar month and are thus entering our third month in this process :D The waiting time is not exactly a cause for celebration, but I definitely feel relieved that our petitions are not so fresh anymore. Also, things are really starting to get real for me - I've made all the preparations that I believe are possible, and frankly next month it will be time for me to give my notice at work (yes I know - I'm not crazy, I just have a really long period of notice with my employer). I will of course reassess the situation once there, but that's the plan at the moment and it makes it feel a lot more tangible :) 

Wishing everyone a great day and a nice holiday spirit this weekend! And please share with the rest of us if you've found anything that will speed up the process once our petitions reach embassies/consulates, such as interview evidence that is possible to collect already or similar. I think I've got everything in my action plan, but looking for some advice never hurts. :wub:

My thoughts exactly! I was like "Well, now it's one month after us.. Now it's two.." Now it's going to be three, so we probably will get our approvals someday, haha

As for preparations - I only make the screenshots of our messages and Skype calls since it's quite difficult to scroll back later. I obtained my both police certificates, they both are dated September, I hope they don't expire before my interview. Quite worried about the interview though, there are some problems with Moscow embassy, it'll take about two month to get the interview. My fiancée was going to come for it, but in June FIFA World Cup starts here, so probably everything here will be terribly expensive. We shall see when we get the date.

Pleasant Friday and weekend to everyone! ✨

K-1 journey (Sept 2017 - July 2018)

Spoiler

08/31/2017 - petition mailed                                             03/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"           

09/05/2017 - case received                                               05/07/2018 - medical - passed 

09/07/2017 - NOA1                                                             05/10/2018 - interview - approved

03/07/2018 - NOA2 (case status updated 03/08)         05/14/2018 - VOH

03/22/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned          06/18/2018 - POE Seattle

03/26/2018 - NVC left                                                        07/07/2018 - wedding

AOS journey (Sept 2018 - Jan 2019)

Spoiler

09/05/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/07/2018 - cases received 

09/13/2018 - NOA1s

10/05/2018 - biometrics appointment

12/07/2018 - interview scheduled

01/15/2019 - interview - approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card received

01/22/2019 - Green Card received

ROC journey (Oct 2020 - Jun 2021)

Spoiler

10/16/2020 - 01/14/2021 - window for applying

10/26/2020 - petition mailed

10/29/2020 - case received

11/25/2020 - check cashed

11/23/2020 - NOA1

12/16/2020 - biometrics appointment/waived

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview 

06/03/2022 - ROC petition approved

06/07/2022 - green card received

Naturalization journey (Jan 2022 - )

01/31/2022 - N-400 form filed online

01/31/2022 - biometrics reuse notice

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview

xx/xx/xxxx - oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning fellow September filers! I’m really excited today because we're going into a new calendar month and are thus entering our third month in this process :D The waiting time is not exactly a cause for celebration, but I definitely feel relieved that our petitions are not so fresh anymore. Also, things are really starting to get real for me - I've made all the preparations that I believe are possible, and frankly next month it will be time for me to give my notice at work (yes I know - I'm not crazy, I just have a really long period of notice with my employer). I will of course reassess the situation once there, but that's the plan at the moment and it makes it feel a lot more tangible

Post 63 days for us and as long as I dont think about it the time passes.  Once I am reminded I begin to do a case status several times a day, only to see the same status over and over (yes I'm one of those people that tend to hope for something magical only to fool myself).  Today I am one day closer than I was in the beginning.  Wishing only the best for all the 9/17 filers.  

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

10 hours ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

Post 63 days for us and as long as I dont think about it the time passes.  Once I am reminded I begin to do a case status several times a day, only to see the same status over and over (yes I'm one of those people that tend to hope for something magical only to fool myself).  Today I am one day closer than I was in the beginning.  Wishing only the best for all the 9/17 filers.  

Day 88 here. And completely relatable. Even though I know even by being optimistic, the earliest is probably mid Feb for us to get the NOA2 (and the VJ timeline has the date push back day by day, each day I check. Now it’s end of Feb). But that didn’t stop me from checking the app and the website everyday to see if there’s a miracle. 

2 minutes ago, BK&MC said:

Day 88 here. And completely relatable. Even though I know even by being optimistic, the earliest is probably mid Feb for us to get the NOA2 (and the VJ timeline has the date push back day by day, each day I check. Now it’s end of Feb). But that didn’t stop me from checking the app and the website everyday to see if there’s a miracle. 

if you think about it, right now there are May 1st and also June 15th approvals! so there is a range of 45 days.

if you are one of the lucky ones, you get your approval 45 days early as they are still approving people from early/mid august!

Buuuut. if we are not so lucky, then it takes the normal route or even longer.

i am in the same boat trying to figure this out constantly.

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

1 minute ago, Swissmiss82 said:

if you think about it, right now there are May 1st and also June 15th approvals! so there is a range of 45 days.

if you are one of the lucky ones, you get your approval 45 days early as they are still approving people from early/mid august!

Buuuut. if we are not so lucky, then it takes the normal route or even longer.

i am in the same boat trying to figure this out constantly.

I know... I lurk around the other months forum too. As sad as I feel for those in May that hasn’t received theirs, I lurk around June and July more for some happy vibes and hopes that if they move through June faster, then they’ll get to July, then August and then Sept and we can be lucky. 

i am hoping and praying this is happening soon! 

we just gotta stay positive and don't go too crazy now. 

this is the last time we are apart from our loved ones, and soon enough we are together and get to wake up together every single day.

it's just hard with the uncertain things.

i have a long notice period at work so i already gave them my notice for end of jan (initial timing of noa2). 

so this weekend i am focusing on cleaning out my apartment and don't worry too much. :(

crazyness here seriously!

@Naes do you think with these low numbers. it's also possible that some workers may work saturday to just enter the piles and update the status back to 01.12 as they did for thanksgiving also? 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

@KatziGuthmann I agree, that's one of the things I've been doing too. I have a separate folder on my computer where I collect everything. I don't even know how to retrieve the call history once it's faded off the list in the phone, so definitely better to do it now :P

@Mayi & MiMi That's very true and these past few months have passed quickly. For me I think February/March will be the absolute worst part of this waiting, because then it could end literally any day, and being so close but not there is somehow worse in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

this is the last time we are apart from our loved ones, and soon enough we are together and get to wake up together every single day.

I hear you! I've been following some people on here who're just about to do their POE and it all of a sudden really struck me that I'll be leaving my family and friends behind. That part has not exactly been a focal point of this visa process. I've left for an exchange semester before but that was temporary. This hurts more than I thought it would, so I'm just trying to enjoy my time with them while I wait.

h

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

i am hoping and praying this is happening soon! 

it's just hard with the uncertain things.

i have a long notice period at work so i already gave them my notice for end of jan (initial timing of noa2). 

so this weekend i am focusing on cleaning out my apartment and don't worry too much. :(

crazyness here seriously!

@Naes do you think with these low numbers. it's also possible that some workers may work saturday to just enter the piles and update the status back to 01.12 as they did for thanksgiving also? 

I'm trying to create a whole view of the week. Let's discuss with those :) 

Alright guys, looking for some advice again. I'm posting below my NoA2 Action Plan, it consists of what I believe are all the key steps once NoA2 is received. As I have not done this before though, let me know if you've interpreted it any differently. There are of course a few things that are probably specific for Sweden/the Scandinavian countries, but apart from that let me know any thoughts you may have.

1. When NoA2 is received

• Check when the next medical appointment is available (visumintyg@sibyllekliniken.com) and ask if X-ray is possible at the same time
  • Book medical, unless case number is needed
  • Start to collect documents listed below in 6.1-2

2. Two-three weeks after NoA2 (or more <_<)

• Call NVC to get case number

3. After receiving case number

• Check ceac status - when ready, submit DS-160
  • Book medical unless done in step 1. The medical should ideally be about 14 days before embassy interview
  • Book embassy interview, pay fee $265

4. Few days to a week after “case ready”

• Receive checklist from embassy (petitioner will receive this)

5. Medical Appointment - What to bring

• Vaccination records (minimum requirement is that they show MMR, DT(aP), flu shot)
  • Passport
  • Separate passport photo
  • Fee is 4350 SEK
  • Ask for copy of vaccination records DS-3025 needed later on for AoS

6.1 Embassy Interview - What to have ready from petitioner

• I-134 Affidavit of Support
  • Two pay stubs
  • Two tax returns (W2)
  • Updated letter of intent

6.2 Embassy Interview - What to have ready from beneficiary

• Passport valid 6+ months after issuance of visa
  • Old passport
  • Birth certificate/extract of the population register, including family. Must contain DOB, POB, names of both parents, in English (120)
  • Police certificate/utdrag belastningsregistret utland
  • 2 identical color photographs, 2 inches square (50mm), full face, centered in frame
  • Evidence that we have met and valid relationship. Letters, written correspondence, phone records, photos, screenshots
  • Proof of registration of address (UID confirmation number, received when scheduling interview), print out and bring

Wishing you all a relaxing weekend :) 

h

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LizM said:

Alright guys, looking for some advice again. I'm posting below my NoA2 Action Plan, it consists of what I believe are all the key steps once NoA2 is received. As I have not done this before though, let me know if you've interpreted it any differently. There are of course a few things that are probably specific for Sweden/the Scandinavian countries, but apart from that let me know any thoughts you may have.

1. When NoA2 is received

• Check when the next medical appointment is available (visumintyg@sibyllekliniken.com) and ask if X-ray is possible at the same time
  • Book medical, unless case number is needed
  • Start to collect documents listed below in 6.1-2

2. Two-three weeks after NoA2 (or more <_<)

• Call NVC to get case number

3. After receiving case number

• Check ceac status - when ready, submit DS-160
  • Book medical unless done in step 1. The medical should ideally be about 14 days before embassy interview
  • Book embassy interview, pay fee $265

4. Few days to a week after “case ready”

• Receive checklist from embassy (petitioner will receive this)

5. Medical Appointment - What to bring

• Vaccination records (minimum requirement is that they show MMR, DT(aP), flu shot)
  • Passport
  • Separate passport photo
  • Fee is 4350 SEK
  • Ask for copy of vaccination records DS-3025 needed later on for AoS

6.1 Embassy Interview - What to have ready from petitioner

• I-134 Affidavit of Support
  • Two pay stubs
  • Two tax returns (W2)
  • Updated letter of intent

6.2 Embassy Interview - What to have ready from beneficiary

• Passport valid 6+ months after issuance of visa
  • Old passport
  • Birth certificate/extract of the population register, including family. Must contain DOB, POB, names of both parents, in English (120)
  • Police certificate/utdrag belastningsregistret utland
  • 2 identical color photographs, 2 inches square (50mm), full face, centered in frame
  • Evidence that we have met and valid relationship. Letters, written correspondence, phone records, photos, screenshots
  • Proof of registration of address (UID confirmation number, received when scheduling interview), print out and bring

Wishing you all a relaxing weekend :) 

Make this a link and put it in your signature. This can be helpful for many..

Maybe add the fee in dollars too next to it?

(I'm so sleepy whole day today........this woke me up a bit hehe)

btw I called the medical place earlier and they asked for the case number. So I believe you can call and check so you can know earlier ;) 

but yeah its awesome plan I'm so copying this 😊😊😊

13 minutes ago, Naes said:

Make this a link and put it in your signature. This can be helpful for many..

Maybe add the fee in dollars too next to it?

(I'm so sleepy whole day today........this woke me up a bit hehe)

btw I called the medical place earlier and they asked for the case number. So I believe you can call and check so you can know earlier ;) 

but yeah its awesome plan I'm so copying this 😊😊😊

I suppose you mean the medical fee - I was too late in editing the post, but it's $520 for me. The medical fee probably differs a lot from one country to another though, I've seen some that are a lot cheaper. Lucky those people.

Haha, of course you called the medical place :D You can never be too ready! Great advice though, I think the reason I added that part is I saw somewhere that they prefer the case number but make exceptions occasionally. I will look into it. Hey by the way @P&S_Denmark - see my previous post, I think you might find it helpful.

h

Timeline
1 minute ago, LizM said:

I suppose you mean the medical fee - I was too late in editing the post, but it's $520 for me. The medical fee probably differs a lot from one country to another though, I've seen some that are a lot cheaper. Lucky those people.

Haha, of course you called the medical place :D You can never be too ready! Great advice though, I think the reason I added that part is I saw somewhere that they prefer the case number but make exceptions occasionally. I will look into it. Hey by the way @P&S_Denmark - see my previous post, I think you might find it helpful.

Yeah some medical fee changes everywhere but some people like to know (hehe me too) around how much it costs in different places..

that exceptions info-good to know- well I'm sure in japan they don't do that... exceptions and Japan really doesn't go well together 😂😂😂 but good for people to know!!!

PS_i called the medical before we even applied 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Naes said:

Yeah some medical fee changes everywhere but some people like to know (hehe me too) around how much it costs in different places..

that exceptions info-good to know- well I'm sure in japan they don't do that... exceptions and Japan really doesn't go well together 😂😂😂 but good for people to know!!!

PS_i called the medical before we even applied 😂😂😂

The phililpines is 17,025 pesos about 338.00 usd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.