Alysia&Luis

September 2017 AOS Filers

1,385 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
6 minutes ago, moosy said:

Sounds like you were just terribly unlucky. I hope you get it soon!

Yeah... it's just funny cuz we usually consider getting RFEs as something bad, when if anything what I have noticed is that when you get them it seems like uscis is on top of them and they are very active and respond to you and update your case and blah blah blah... I almost wished I had one if that meant my case was gonna move... but nope... let's see what happens tomorrow at my infopass appt... I really really hope they have something more to say than "it's under review" 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
15 hours ago, Vickrd said:

Yeah... it's just funny cuz we usually consider getting RFEs as something bad, when if anything what I have noticed is that when you get them it seems like uscis is on top of them and they are very active and respond to you and update your case and blah blah blah... I almost wished I had one if that meant my case was gonna move... but nope... let's see what happens tomorrow at my infopass appt... I really really hope they have something more to say than "it's under review" 

I've been reading but not posting anything but it's really nice to have this "support group" :)

I filed my application on September 25th, they got my biometrics couple weeks after that. And then death silence for 6 long months. No EAD or AP...

I put my 2nd service request last week and we asked help from our Congressman's Office and they involved too. And after 6 months of our application, they asked initial RFE . I don't know how I feel about it cause just like you've said we heard it sets back to process. Which is frightening. But at the same time I feel like, "woow, they started to work.... after 6 months" . It's getting more and more frustrating...

Timeline
12 hours ago, fatma-w said:

I've been reading but not posting anything but it's really nice to have this "support group" :)

I filed my application on September 25th, they got my biometrics couple weeks after that. And then death silence for 6 long months. No EAD or AP...

I put my 2nd service request last week and we asked help from our Congressman's Office and they involved too. And after 6 months of our application, they asked initial RFE . I don't know how I feel about it cause just like you've said we heard it sets back to process. Which is frightening. But at the same time I feel like, "woow, they started to work.... after 6 months" . It's getting more and more frustrating...

My case is very similar to yours... While I haven't gotten any RFEs, I can't imagine the frustration from getting one NOW... At this point... Was it at least an easy fix, the RFE? I really wouldn't worry about it setting the process back, if anything just by a couple days... which after waiting this long we are masters of the waiting game haha.

Anyways wanted to update whoever is interested on how it went at my infopass appt... So the officer was really nice, he admitted that my case was really delayed. He told me that my i485 is on a "pick list," which was confusing at first. After clarifying he said that it's basically on a list from where the field office picks from and schedules interviews from. So it's in a weird in between stage where NBC is pretty much ready to request the field office to try to schedule an interview, and he actually said that my case was put on this list on April 3rd so 2 days ago... He said if nothing happens in 60 days then I should go back. Oh and he also made a call to the officer at NBC and they told him that my case is "on his desk" and that that was a good sign because it could just be on a shelf lol, which is a bad sign... So I ultimately left feeling better about our case... Infopass could be useful or useless lol, just depends on the officer and the location I guess. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, fatma-w said:

I have been following the august thread a lot because I started putting my documents together before the September thread and a lot of people have been experiencing late RFE/RFIE and got their card soon after. So it may not be that bad. I wish you the best! And oh yeah a lot of August filers have still not received their card unfortunately.

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

Timeline
10 hours ago, Vickrd said:

My case is very similar to yours... While I haven't gotten any RFEs, I can't imagine the frustration from getting one NOW... At this point... Was it at least an easy fix, the RFE? I really wouldn't worry about it setting the process back, if anything just by a couple days... which after waiting this long we are masters of the waiting game haha.

Anyways wanted to update whoever is interested on how it went at my infopass appt... So the officer was really nice, he admitted that my case was really delayed. He told me that my i485 is on a "pick list," which was confusing at first. After clarifying he said that it's basically on a list from where the field office picks from and schedules interviews from. So it's in a weird in between stage where NBC is pretty much ready to request the field office to try to schedule an interview, and he actually said that my case was put on this list on April 3rd so 2 days ago... He said if nothing happens in 60 days then I should go back. Oh and he also made a call to the officer at NBC and they told him that my case is "on his desk" and that that was a good sign because it could just be on a shelf lol, which is a bad sign... So I ultimately left feeling better about our case... Infopass could be useful or useless lol, just depends on the officer and the location I guess. 

You are so right! We're the masters of the waiting game :))

I am so glad your interview with Infopass went really well! I hope your Card will come soon...

In my case, our RFE was most recent tax years tax return. When we applied for GC , he explained "lack of his tax returns" (He' was living  abroad). I guess one of the reasons that we got RFE now, they waited for the tax season?!? Maybe ?!?! who knows. We overnight RFE yesterday and waiting game continues... Let's hope for the best for all of us !

Timeline
9 hours ago, PR&PR said:

I have been following the august thread a lot because I started putting my documents together before the September thread and a lot of people have been experiencing late RFE/RFIE and got their card soon after. So it may not be that bad. I wish you the best! And oh yeah a lot of August filers have still not received their card unfortunately.

Thank you so much for information and good wishes! It really helped me to feel so much better. I am gonna start following August thread as well.

I hope we all got our cards soon and waiting is over! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I had gotten an response to my service request on March 22nd saying it's under review. Two weeks later I called, I was told to wait until April 22nd. Yesterday when I tracked it, it said they send us a RFE. Ugh

Timeline
On 13.04.2018 at 8:07 PM, creole_queen said:

I had gotten an response to my service request on March 22nd saying it's under review. Two weeks later I called, I was told to wait until April 22nd. Yesterday when I tracked it, it said they send us a RFE. Ugh

it's really frustrating, I am sorry to hear that.

But after PR&PR told me , I started to follow August filers and they had late RFE 's too

I sent my RFE back 10 days ago. Still waiting  (day 202 :( )

Timeline

Hey guys. just wanted to let you know that today i got the notification saying that my ead is in production. I hate writing this cuz I know some of you are still waiting and it sucks, but i had to update you guys. I like to think that the info pass appt had an effect on my case but it was probably just luck or whatever... anyways, now onto waiting for the interview. I'll keep you guys posted and good luck <3 

Timeline
On 16.04.2018 at 5:05 PM, Vickrd said:

Hey guys. just wanted to let you know that today i got the notification saying that my ead is in production. I hate writing this cuz I know some of you are still waiting and it sucks, but i had to update you guys. I like to think that the info pass appt had an effect on my case but it was probably just luck or whatever... anyways, now onto waiting for the interview. I'll keep you guys posted and good luck <3 

This is great news! Congrats! I love hearing good news! It gives me hope :)

So for me,  after I sent RFE and got the email it says "we received your RFE and your case is not on hold anymore" I went to my Infopass appointment today, I think this was the worst experience that i had with USCIS officers. Bc they are usually really helpful and understanding. But she was very rude and unempathetic . Acted like I don't understand her but she didn't even listen to me!

She told me all my cases is on hold. Cause the NBC officer who asked for RFE still didn't look my evidence and decide that it's enough. I said that I've got an email say my case is not on hold anymore and it's been already 7 months! But she says it's normal nothing is late and oh yeah "I have to be patient" (She said that at least 8 times!!!). I felt so stupid. She stopped being rude when she realized I was crying , but I guess she was just afraid that I was going to make a complaint or something. Couldn't even hear what she was saying for make it up but she was probably giving me great advices like "I have to be patient"

I wrote to Ombudsman (after 2 SR and ask action from Congressman's Office this one is the last option). I have no hope at this point. I can't believe I am still at the same point that I started. 

Timeline
On 4/18/2018 at 11:28 AM, fatma-w said:

This is great news! Congrats! I love hearing good news! It gives me hope :)

So for me,  after I sent RFE and got the email it says "we received your RFE and your case is not on hold anymore" I went to my Infopass appointment today, I think this was the worst experience that i had with USCIS officers. Bc they are usually really helpful and understanding. But she was very rude and unempathetic . Acted like I don't understand her but she didn't even listen to me!

She told me all my cases is on hold. Cause the NBC officer who asked for RFE still didn't look my evidence and decide that it's enough. I said that I've got an email say my case is not on hold anymore and it's been already 7 months! But she says it's normal nothing is late and oh yeah "I have to be patient" (She said that at least 8 times!!!). I felt so stupid. She stopped being rude when she realized I was crying , but I guess she was just afraid that I was going to make a complaint or something. Couldn't even hear what she was saying for make it up but she was probably giving me great advices like "I have to be patient"

I wrote to Ombudsman (after 2 SR and ask action from Congressman's Office this one is the last option). I have no hope at this point. I can't believe I am still at the same point that I started. 

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I can't believe the situation got so frustrating that it made you cry! Sometimes these officers can be ruthless. I really hope that writing to Ombudsman works out for you, please let us know of any updates and stay strong <3

Timeline
On 20.04.2018 at 6:38 AM, Vickrd said:

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I can't believe the situation got so frustrating that it made you cry! Sometimes these officers can be ruthless. I really hope that writing to Ombudsman works out for you, please let us know of any updates and stay strong <3

Thank you so much for your support!  "ruthless" is the perfect word describe it !

I wrote Ombudsman and put another useless SR.

I am waiting for the hear anything at this point. I will let you know if anything changes :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I finally received my combo card 2 weeks ago. I have USPS informed delivery, but my package for the combo card did not show up on there. My combo card was in a Priority envelope and was just left on my doorstep- I couldn’t believe it. They could of at least left it in my locked mailbox.

My daughter (K2) did not receive her combo card at all, even though we were approved and got our notices at the same time. I’ve put a request in about her combo card.

Our GC interview date is 3 weeks away, I’m so glad. This has been a very rough and stressful journey. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ilovecake said:

I finally received my combo card 2 weeks ago. I have USPS informed delivery, but my package for the combo card did not show up on there. My combo card was in a Priority envelope and was just left on my doorstep- I couldn’t believe it. They could of at least left it in my locked mailbox.

My daughter (K2) did not receive her combo card at all, even though we were approved and got our notices at the same time. I’ve put a request in about her combo card.

Our GC interview date is 3 weeks away, I’m so glad. This has been a very rough and stressful journey. 

So happy for you. And if your greencard interview is so close by, at least you have one thing that is much faster than a lot of us. In the area I am, the greencard stuff takes on average 10-16 months, so I have quite a while to go still. 

I hope everything else goes much faster for you! You deserve it

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

UPDATE:

Had my AOS interview yesterday 04/25/2018 and I was approved. (see signature for details).

N-400:

06/01/2021: Submitted application.

ROC:

01/28/2020: Mailed Package

01/30/2020: USCIS Received Package

02/05/2020: Checked Cashed

02/05/2020: Text with WAC #

02/07/2020: NOA Received

12/29/2020: Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another USCIS office.

01/22/2021: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.

05/21/2021: We ordered your new card.

05/24/2021: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

05/26/2021: We mailed your new card your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, directly to the address you gave us.

05/28/2021: Card was delivered.

AOS:

09/20/2017: Mailed Package

09/22/2017: USCIS Received Package

10/06/2017: Biometrics Appointment

10/27/2017: Status changed to "ready to be scheduled for interview"

12/15/2017: Received EAD Approval Notice dated 12/12/2017

12/21/2017: Received EAD in the mail

03/26/2018: Received interview letter in the mail dated 03/21/2018

04/25/2018: AOS Interview/Approval

04/26/2018: Status changed to "Card Being Produced"

04/30/2018: Status changed to “Card was Mailed to me”

05/04/2018: Received Permanent Residency Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.