Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,518 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

Just received an update on my case completion time. It says estimated time is 5 more months Ugh! I filed last year in May. 

How did you get the update?  Website is all over the place.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 5/25/2021 at 4:21 PM, NorthSouth said:

How did you get the update?  Website is all over the place.

I checked my case status and it was there. For a longest time it didn't say anything about the estimated completion time and then it just showed up the other day. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Have my interview next week and wanted some inputs on the documents to carry for the interview:

- last 3 years tax transcript

- Original Greencard

- Original passport

- Interview letter

- last 6 pay stubs

- drivers license 

optional

- House mortgage statement

- Travel records ( with dates  - xls sheet )

Did I miss anything ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
12 hours ago, tattva said:

Have my interview next week and wanted some inputs on the documents to carry for the interview:

Did I miss anything ?

If you have a beneficiary statements from investment accounts or life insurance, bring those as well. 

And good luck!

Edited by justwill

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, tattva said:

- Original Greencard

- Original passport

- Interview letter

- last 6 pay stubs

- drivers license 

optional

Did I miss anything ?

Hmmm.. I am not sure why you need paystubs, Mortgage statement and travel records? You may have already entered your in/out history in the application. They can verify that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
21 hours ago, tattva said:

- Original Greencard

- Original passport

- Interview letter

- last 6 pay stubs

- drivers license 

optional

Did I miss anything ?

Looking at your history of posts, one aspect that appears to be special about your application is that it appears that you changed address since filing the application. I think I would want some documents that showed that your address was/is within the jurisdiction of the Chicago office. I'm thinking something like a lease or mortgage statements. But I'm guessing: I don't have any experience with this.

Timeline
On 5/28/2021 at 6:41 PM, keyuree1 said:

I checked my case status and it was there. For a longest time it didn't say anything about the estimated completion time and then it just showed up the other day. 

For what it's worth, I agree with NorthSouth. I expect that the website completion time estimate is of limited value.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Suudsu said:

Looking at your history of posts, one aspect that appears to be special about your application is that it appears that you changed address since filing the application. I think I would want some documents that showed that your address was/is within the jurisdiction of the Chicago office. I'm thinking something like a lease or mortgage statements. But I'm guessing: I don't have any experience with this.

oh yes . planning to carry my current mortgage and the previous lease agreement . 

9 hours ago, justwill said:

If you have a beneficiary statements from investment accounts or life insurance, bring those as well. 

And good luck!

any reason why they would ask for these ? Appreciate some inputs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, tattva said:

oh yes . planning to carry my current mortgage and the previous lease agreement . 

any reason why they would ask for these ? Appreciate some inputs.

At my interview my IO said that exactly. I’m paraphrasing but he said that a couple’s  life insurance document was a better proof than shared bills. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
2 hours ago, ptsad said:

Hello everyone! Done my Oath Taking today.  15 months after my application last March 2020. 

It was a long wait but worth it.  Good luck to all of you!

Congratulations! It is good to see that things are moving forward. I crossed 16 months of waiting. I am January 2020 applicant.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, gogojogop said:

Congratulations! It is good to see that things are moving forward. I crossed 16 months of waiting. I am January 2020 applicant.  

I presume you haven't heard back yet from the case inquiry?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/11/2021 at 9:44 PM, justwill said:

Update:

i had my interview today at 101 W Ida B Wells drive building and left with N-642 form that stated that I passed the civics test and "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval". i was told that I should be receiving a letter from USCIS within 30 days.

When I got home, I checked on USCIS site and it showed that my status was updated with "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled" notice and that I should expect the letter to be sent within 30 days.

Almost there....

03318592-D9F1-4483-8C30-AE56D2728179.jpeg

Hi. Have you gotten your oath ceremony schedule already?

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

RFE: None

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.