Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
50 minutes ago, NorthSouth said:

Does anyone know if they allow family to attend the oath ceremony for Chicago or are the Covid restrictions still in place?

Mine was in the courtyard of 219 S Dearborn Ave.

It is a federal building, so you have to go through security checkpoint, metal detector, and show your ID. However, they don't check your appointment until you get to the check in area where you return your card/EOD/etc.

My wife came with me, but there were some other people that had more than 1. They will just be observing and standing to the side, away from you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, NorthSouth said:

Does anyone know if they allow family to attend the oath ceremony for Chicago or are the Covid restrictions still in place?

NorthSouth, since you're asking about oaths, have you had your interview? From memory, we're similar timelines.

I had my interview on June 2 and the next day I saw the following messages

June 3, 2021 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled
June 3, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

It has been a month, and I still haven't received any further message. I'm thinking about calling USCIS. Will it help?
I'm wondering if there is anything wrong.

File July 8 2020

Bio Reuse notice April 17 2021

Interview scheduled notice April 27 2021

Interview June 2 2021

Oath Ceremony Will be Scheduled notice June 3 2021

Timeline
15 hours ago, Crocs said:
I had my interview on June 2 and the next day I saw the following messages

June 3, 2021 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled
June 3, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

It has been a month, and I still haven't received any further message. I'm thinking about calling USCIS. Will it help?
I'm wondering if there is anything wrong.

I think there is is just a backlog.

Someone has an interview this week who was interviewed of the 28th of May. My guess is you'll get an oath notice soon.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Chicago+IL&op1=8&op2=&op4=1&op5=5%2C10%2C11&cfl=

At Chicago, we're getting to the bumper crop of cases submitted at the end of September 2020. Nationwide, there were almost double the number of cases submitted in Sept 2020 than for a usual month. USCIS' progress through the case files won't be equal to the rate that they were submitted.

1 hour ago, Suudsu said:

I think there is is just a backlog.

Someone has an interview this week who was interviewed of the 28th of May. My guess is you'll get an oath notice soon.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Chicago+IL&op1=8&op2=&op4=1&op5=5%2C10%2C11&cfl=

At Chicago, we're getting to the bumper crop of cases submitted at the end of September 2020. Nationwide, there were almost double the number of cases submitted in Sept 2020 than for a usual month. USCIS' progress through the case files won't be equal to the rate that they were submitted.

Suudsu, I suppose if the May 28 case is going to have the oath ceremony this week, shouldn't I have a notice of a scheduled date? The other person who interviewed one week after me had the notice already. That is why I am thinking something might be wrong with my case.

I notice a bunch of people who filed in September 2020 have already became citizens. So weird.

File July 8 2020

Interview June 2 2021

On 6/29/2021 at 3:03 PM, Suudsu said:

NorthSouth, since you're asking about oaths, have you had your interview? From memory, we're similar timelines.

Yes, I had my interview last month and passed!  Waiting for oath ceremony as the field officer confirmed Chicago does not do same day oath ceremonies.  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, NorthSouth said:

Yes, I had my interview last month and passed!  Waiting for oath ceremony as the field officer confirmed Chicago does not do same day oath ceremonies.  

Congratulations!

Timeline
21 hours ago, Crocs said:

Suudsu, I suppose if the May 28 case is going to have the oath ceremony this week, shouldn't I have a notice of a scheduled date? The other person who interviewed one week after me had the notice already. That is why I am thinking something might be wrong with my case.

I notice a bunch of people who filed in September 2020 have already became citizens. So weird.

The whole process certainly is weird, Crocs. I don't know if there's anything wrong.

Did you request a name change?

Edited by Suudsu
Added question.

On 7/6/2021 at 12:14 PM, Suudsu said:

The whole process certainly is weird, Crocs. I don't know if there's anything wrong.

Did you request a name change?

No, I did not.

File July 8 2020

Interview June 2 2021

On 4/25/2021 at 9:38 AM, Fahad86 said:

i will pm you the number.

Fahad86, could you please give me the Chicago N400 Whatsapp group number?

File July 8 2020

Interview June 2 2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I filed last year in May and still nothing. Just talked to someone who filed at the end of the October and has his interview scheduled already. It doesn't make any sense. Where is my file? Why wouldn't they process cases in order? So frustrating! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, keyuree1 said:

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I filed last year in May and still nothing. Just talked to someone who filed at the end of the October and has his interview scheduled already. It doesn't make any sense. Where is my file? Why wouldn't they process cases in order? So frustrating! 

I think we all agree that based on what we see, it is very frustrating.

Priority date for a case inquiry for Chicago N-400 filings is March 11, 2020. So I don't think there is a lot you can do yet.

One thing that I wonder is whether interviews are prioritized for scheduling in an order after biometrics is completed. Even though you filed in May 2020, your biometrics were completed in Feb 2021. Do you know when this late October filer had their biometrics completed?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
9 hours ago, Suudsu said:

I think we all agree that based on what we see, it is very frustrating.

Priority date for a case inquiry for Chicago N-400 filings is March 11, 2020. So I don't think there is a lot you can do yet.

One thing that I wonder is whether interviews are prioritized for scheduling in an order after biometrics is completed. Even though you filed in May 2020, your biometrics were completed in Feb 2021. Do you know when this late October filer had their biometrics completed?

That would actually make sense. He received his biometric reuse letter in December. When I called them the lady mentioned that once they schedule me for bio and that's done, they will send a request to the home office to schedule the interview. So I might be two months behind him. Or not haha!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.