Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,518 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
Just now, pizzatriscuits said:

Omg my interview is tomorrow and I can't believe this just happened to you :(((((((((( Did they say when they'll reschedule you?

No, they don’t have any timeframe, just to watch my account 🙁

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Filed: Timeline

I had my interview today and 30 min beforehand I got a call from DHS telling me they don't have my I-751 decision so we cannot proceed. I said I was on my way and had the approval notice and 10 year green hard in hand (received approx 6 months ago). They said ok in that case I can do the interview. I passed my civics exam but they said they cannot approve my application until they receive the official paperwork that my I-751 was approved (I even brought screenshots of my USCIS account where it says my I-751 was approved in December and the card was mailed to me). The officer said he couldn't give me a timeline on when this might get resolved and to just be patient. Has anyone heard of something like this? I've never read of a similar case...

19 minutes ago, idkmanidk said:

I had my interview today and 30 min beforehand I got a call from DHS telling me they don't have my I-751 decision so we cannot proceed. I said I was on my way and had the approval notice and 10 year green hard in hand (received approx 6 months ago). They said ok in that case I can do the interview. I passed my civics exam but they said they cannot approve my application until they receive the official paperwork that my I-751 was approved (I even brought screenshots of my USCIS account where it says my I-751 was approved in December and the card was mailed to me). The officer said he couldn't give me a timeline on when this might get resolved and to just be patient. Has anyone heard of something like this? I've never read of a similar case...

What a bunch of nonsense. Their system approved you half a year ago and printed a 10 year card but they cannot find a record of it!? That's insane. Sorry to hear this and hope it gets resolved soon.

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

4 minutes ago, elmers said:

What a bunch of nonsense. Their system approved you half a year ago and printed a 10 year card but they cannot find a record of it!? That's insane. Sorry to hear this and hope it gets resolved soon.

I know, I was honestly so shocked that the left hand was not talking to the right because it's on my USICS account and I had everything in hand (including the original I-751 submission) and it still wasn't enough :( It was so anticlimactic after preparing for this interview for the past 5 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

My Interview got rescheduled on May 11th  for Jun 27th, 2022. This was quick 😃

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 5/12/2022 at 8:26 AM, Saska+Tim said:

My Interview got rescheduled on May 11th  for Jun 27th, 2022. This was quick 😃

I had mine rescheduled from 04/04 to 05/18.
And I just had my Oath Ceremony this week on Monday 06/06. ☺️

1 hour ago, cross_the_river said:

I had mine rescheduled from 04/04 to 05/18.
And I just had my Oath Ceremony this week on Monday 06/06. ☺️

When did your status change to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled after the interview and when did you get the Oath Ceremony date? My status yesterday changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled but still no date. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 6/9/2022 at 3:13 PM, CsCareerKid said:

When did your status change to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled after the interview and when did you get the Oath Ceremony date? My status yesterday changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled but still no date. Thanks

My status changed to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled' right after the interview, I was still in the building. 
Had my Interview on 05/18, my status changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" on 05/23. Oath was on 06/06.

Pardon if this has been asked before. 
Any one has experience of interviewing while changing address to another state. I am moving to a new state exactly a month before my scheduled interview date in end of July at the Chicago office.
my plan is to take a flight back — but I have read on blogs that the office might just cancel it while youre there  because you don’t live in the state any more. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 1:40 PM, maverick96 said:
On 7/6/2022 at 1:40 PM, maverick96 said:

Finally my wife get her biometric appointment on 08/01 after almost one year waiting.

oh wow!! Hope she get her interview soon after het biometrics. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Employment-based timeline.

03/14 Case received

03/14 Fingerprints to be reused

07/11 Interview scheduled

08/23 Interview

Expect interviews soon.  They have begun moving super quick.  Unfortunately for me, I am having to cancel by August vacation.  Can anyone help me with recent timelines between interview and oath?  I want to travel right after the interview.

Edited by tujna

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.