Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,518 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, lovewins2016 said:

Hi. Have you gotten your oath ceremony schedule already?

Yes. I saw the status changed 13 days after the interview (24 of May) that the Oath ceremony letter was sent, and I checked the Dicuments section and saw that my Oath ceremony was scheduled for 15 of June. I didn’t get the physical letter it until yesterday (3 of June). 

4 hours ago, Greg C said:

Has anyone had their N-400 fully processed within 8-9 months out of the Chicago office?

I see two people that is within that timeline for Sept 2020 applicants

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, NorthSouth said:

I see two people that is within that timeline for Sept 2020 applicants

Thanks for letting me know! Is there a Chicago N-400 spreadsheet anywhere or did you just look at the Sept 2020 thread? If there's a Chicago specific N-400 spreadsheet, would you mind sending the link?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hi. I filed last year in May. Still nothing about my interview. My status says case completion time is 4 more months for applicants who have been permanent residents for at least 5 years. Is there anybody here with similar time line?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

Hi. I filed last year in May. Still nothing about my interview. My status says case completion time is 4 more months for applicants who have been permanent residents for at least 5 years. Is there anybody here with similar time line?

Hi, I am waiting 16 months and 18 days since I filed. My profile showed a completion time of 12 months. Isn't it ridiculous?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Greg C said:

Has anyone had their N-400 fully processed within 8-9 months out of the Chicago office?

I filed September 1, 2020. Bio reused notice in December. Interview in May, 2021 and Oath next week. 
Technically, I could’ve filed back in April, 2020 (3 yrs rule), but decided to wait out the previous president. But when I saw that the price was going to be increased and civics test was going to be more difficult, we decided to get it started before that happens. Filed online ourselves. 

Edited by justwill

Timeline
25 minutes ago, gogojogop said:

Hi, I am waiting 16 months and 18 days since I filed. My profile showed a completion time of 12 months. Isn't it ridiculous?

There is no rhyme nor reason why this is. I’m sorry this happens. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, justwill said:

There is no rhyme nor reason why this is. I’m sorry this happens. 

Agree. No specific pattern. They pick randomly, and so is the timelines that shows up on the account.

Wish there is a spreadsheet to track all Chicago Filters.. Its most backlogged.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, spicyguy said:

Agree. No specific pattern. They pick randomly, and so is the timelines that shows up on the account.

Wish there is a spreadsheet to track all Chicago Filters.. Its most backlogged.

I really don't understand how the spreadsheets are better than VisaJourney's timelines. I don't want information from all filers in my month from all the field offices across America. All that tells me is which field offices process cases faster.

If there even is another filer from my field office in my monthly thread, I will only get information about their next stage in the submission process basically at the same time that I receive the same notice: not particularly useful for my planning. I prefer to filter VisaJourney timeline cases by local field office, and see where my field office is up to (right now, Chicago is processing approximately September 2020 filers at the shortest timeframe, although as we all know this appears to be truly random). If I want to get this kind of time-series information from the spreadsheets, I have to click through all the monthly threads ahead of me to try and find it: it's way easier just to sort the timelines.

In any case, the monthly threads are all filled with messages about the spreadsheets: 'The spreadsheet is a mess again. I tried to fix it, but I'm not sure.' 'Just start a new line.' 'There is a spreadsheet: fill your data.' If the data isn't reliable, it isn't useful to me.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:09 PM, Greg C said:

Thanks for letting me know! Is there a Chicago N-400 spreadsheet anywhere or did you just look at the Sept 2020 thread? If there's a Chicago specific N-400 spreadsheet, would you mind sending the link?

7 hours ago, Suudsu said:

I really don't understand how the spreadsheets are better than VisaJourney's timelines. I don't want information from all filers in my month from all the field offices across America. All that tells me is which field offices process cases faster.

If there even is another filer from my field office in my monthly thread, I will only get information about their next stage in the submission process basically at the same time that I receive the same notice: not particularly useful for my planning. I prefer to filter VisaJourney timeline cases by local field office, and see where my field office is up to (right now, Chicago is processing approximately September 2020 filers at the shortest timeframe, although as we all know this appears to be truly random). If I want to get this kind of time-series information from the spreadsheets, I have to click through all the monthly threads ahead of me to try and find it: it's way easier just to sort the timelines.

In any case, the monthly threads are all filled with messages about the spreadsheets: 'The spreadsheet is a mess again. I tried to fix it, but I'm not sure.' 'Just start a new line.' 'There is a spreadsheet: fill your data.' If the data isn't reliable, it isn't useful to me.

I have seen a november 2020 Chicago filer on the N400 Facebook page get interviewed last month and having he’s oath this month.

Timeline
On 6/11/2021 at 1:54 PM, Suudsu said:

Embarrassing for me, but I just discovered the whole timeline feature of this website! 🤦‍♂️ You're right, so much more helpful to be able to see just Chicago and several months at once. Thanks for your input!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/11/2021 at 1:54 PM, Suudsu said:

Hmmm.. Its my oversight. I did not know there is already one in this site. Thanks!

On 6/14/2021 at 9:10 AM, Greg C said:

Embarrassing for me, but I just discovered the whole timeline feature of this website! 🤦‍♂️ You're right, so much more helpful to be able to see just Chicago and several months at once. Thanks for your input!

Do you have the link?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, spicyguy said:

Hmmm.. Its my oversight. I did not know there is already one in this site. Thanks!

Do you have the link?

Sorry for my rant.

spicyguy, the link to your personal timeline is: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=390250

Timeline
3 hours ago, spicyguy said:

Do you have the link?

Here's a link to the amalgamated timeline for just the Chicago field office:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5,10,11&op6=All&op7=Chicago IL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.