4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ichliebeihn said:

you guys seriously got my waterworks going- love the pics, trend and mood change here! it's a great reminder of why we're going through this and that we're all ultimately in the same boat. Some days are harder than others, and stuff like this makes it a little easier to keep our chins up and patience intact. thanks for sharing the love!

It feels like it’s been a great day on the August page! I can sleep well knowing that we spread some happiness today! Xxx

Edited by Thelucybelle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jrfisher6477 said:

Me and my beautiful family.  Filed August 28th.  Still waiting on NOA2.

FB_IMG_1519872080045.jpg

FB_IMG_1519872224842.jpg

Gorgeous family!!!!

Edited by Thelucybelle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yoha26 said:

Hey guys! I have a question. We got approved last week and I’m preparing the documents for my fiancé’s interview. We’re going to use a Joint sponsor for the I-134 Affidavit of support because I’m not currently working. What documents do the sponsor has to show as evidence of income? Is the last federal income tax enough? Or do we have to add the last three years? Do we have to add an employment letter also?

I would really appreciate your help because I’m not sure about it. Thanks!

Hi! This is what i found on visajourney.com/content/support 

Hope it will be helpful. Clicking on each form will maybe give the list of the required documents and there is “immigration wiki” on visajourney which has detailed description of each document. 

Some Tips on the USCIS Affidavit of Support  

check.gif   If you need more than one affidavit, fill out the entire form but leave the signature blank, then sign each copy and
the original. It states in the directions
that you can do this.

check.gif   Not having adequate income will not usually be a problem if you have a co-sponsor, according to experiences
posted on the forums, as long as the co-sponsor has adequate income/assets.
Be aware that the co-sponsor must have enough income/assets for both your fiance, any fiance children that will
be immigrating, and his/her own household. However, that IF the US fiance has been on welfare or other
government benefits for a lifetime or has no plans to work actively, the consulate can still deny the visa based on
the likelihood that the foreign fiance will become a public charge. Just having a co-sponsor may not be sufficient.
An actual case has been documented wherein a fiance visa was denied because the petitioning fiance was on
government benefits and would not be working, even though the US fiance had two co-sponsors.

check.gif   When assets are used, the assets must equal 5 times the difference between the annual income and the
needed 125% of the poverty level, this is because the affidavit is in effect for 5 years. For instance, if you
needed $15,500 income and had an annual income of $13,500, you would need an extra $2,000 of assets for 5
years, or a total of $10,000 in assets in addition to your income. In general, if you are deficient on yearly income
for sponsorship and your assets are somewhat borderline, do not take chances--have a co-sponsor. If you do not
have a job or a steady income from other sources (such as retirement income), you will likely have to get a
co-sponsor for your spouse, even if your assets are adequate. The USCIS looks VERY CLOSELY at current income
and not just the assets.

check.gif   While there are no specific income requirements listed in the I-134 form directions, you will be judged by the
same criteria as the I-864 form requirements when they are issuing the visa at the foreign US consulate, so
provide financial information for the I-134 with those guidelines in mind.

check.gif   Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed
full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an
annual salary of . Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company
letterhead.

check.gif   Some foreign U.S. consulates require a 2nd affidavit of support which is called "sponsor's financial responsibility
under the social security act." It is a simple form and easily filled out and signed. The Hong Kong consulate has may
require this form.

check.gif   The foreign fiance's income can NOT be counted on either affidavit (except when the foreign fiance has been
living with the fiance, married, and in the US for six months), however the foreign fiance's assets CAN be used if
they are readily convertible into cash. The USCIS is concerned ONLY about the US fiance's income/assets. (Note
that in other situations the foreign spouse's income MAY be counted on I-864 affidavit, such as foreigner in U.S.
on work or student visa who marries and then files for adjustment of status. IF the foreign spouse has LIVED IN
THE HOUSEHOLD of the U.S. spouse for at least 6 months, then his/her income CAN be counted. There are
NO situations involving fiance visa in which foreign spouse's income can be counted, as far as I know, when
interviewing for the fiance visa or when filing adjustment of status within 6 months of arrival in the US.)

check.gif   The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the
US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide
supporting documentation.

check.gif   NOTE: I-864 SPONSOR MOVES: FOR the I-864: If the sponsor or co-sponsor moves, the USCIS should be
notified within 30 days via an I-865 form.

Edited by Azhar and Brandon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yoha26 said:

Hey guys! I have a question. We got approved last week and I’m preparing the documents for my fiancé’s interview. We’re going to use a Joint sponsor for the I-134 Affidavit of support because I’m not currently working. What documents do the sponsor has to show as evidence of income? Is the last federal income tax enough? Or do we have to add the last three years? Do we have to add an employment letter also?

I would really appreciate your help because I’m not sure about it. Thanks!

An affidavit of support Form I-134 should be completed by the petitioner and submitted with all
supporting documents - current salary letter, current bank statement and 1040 tax form for the most recent
year. A joint sponsor would also be required if the petitioner is unemployed. Originals, not photocopies, of
these documents must be brought.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Naes said:

Oh I'm using excel it's really ok (I edit the other post but was too late heheh)

its just today im going to get my Japanese police certificate, so if I can finish it fast I'll have time ;) 

You're notttttttt

You are in a hurry. Are you sure your not Russian? 🤣

2 minutes ago, Boyd_M said:

Filed Aug 28th, called today and was told we were approved last week!  Still waiting on letter.

27540500_10213282618674678_2344917372365955398_n.jpg

28058898_10213379950627916_3410489784329353535_n.jpg

28279640_10155395579607993_8587071379240177685_n.jpg

28279485_10213409777973581_7511120722995745610_n.jpg

congrats and nice pic

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

On 2/22/2018 at 10:28 AM, Naes said:

We saw the first approvals from 21 today :) so they're finally at your date. 

Dont forget to check mailboxes too as not every case gets updated online.

Thanks a lot 

you are so helpful 

Hello everyone 

congratulations to all who got approved 

how many people are here who filed 21st August 2017?

its just taking so long 

waiting 🙏

Gul

Edited by Gul4554

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all, my fiancee called tonight to NVC and we have obteined Case number and the status is like In transit.

We are very happy 

I hope everyobe receive soon your aprove or your Number case 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.