4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
50 minutes ago, N. Phillips said:

Guys I am so sorry if this has been answered - there have been so pages on the forum that I can't catch up haha. I have a question about after receiving the NOA2. I know some things need to be given in originals and I made a list of things I want to send with my fiance when he leaves to back to Chile on the 7th of March. If I need to send something via snail mail, I am just scared it will get lost or never get there because that has happened to us before. So I am trying to get EVERYTHING that he may need from me as the petitioner. After going on forums, links, groups, websites, blog (you name it), this is what I have complied. If anyone has experience with this, needs to correct me, or add something, that would help soooo much and then I can also know how to help other people when they get to this process:

- i-134F (original)

- Pay stubs (copies are fine?)

- w2 from the past 3 years (copies are fine?)
- 1040 tax transcript (copies are fine?)

- Employment verification (original)

- updated intent to marry

- bank statements (copies are fine?)

- more evidence of our bona fide relationship (updated pictures, call logs, etc)

***want to make sure copies are okay to send...for example, if I can just scan and email them to my fiance?

Do I need anything else?

THANK YOU <3

Maybe you already are, but I always make copies of everything I send (and I keep the copies).  That way if anything gets lost, I still have it. :)

But I'm interested to know if it has to be originals too.  I was also just going to scan/email...

27 minutes ago, LLT said:

Maybe you already are, but I always make copies of everything I send (and I keep the copies).  That way if anything gets lost, I still have it. :)

But I'm interested to know if it has to be originals too.  I was also just going to scan/email...

Yeah I guess I am just confused... because I work at a law firm and I don't necessarily work with immigration, but I have attorneys here who have some experience with immigration and they said the i-129f and all supporting documents for that are not needed until the "adjustment to status/green card" interview...they said it's not necessary at the interview he has with the embassy to receive the visa to marry me. But I don't want to take their word for it.

Also I make $30,000 a year as the petitioner (0 dependents - it would just be me and my fiance) - do I still need a sponsor?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, N. Phillips said:

Yeah I guess I am just confused... because I work at a law firm and I don't necessarily work with immigration, but I have attorneys here who have some experience with immigration and they said the i-129f and all supporting documents for that are not needed until the "adjustment to status/green card" interview...they said it's not necessary at the interview he has with the embassy to receive the visa to marry me. But I don't want to take their word for it.

Also I make $30,000 a year as the petitioner (0 dependents - it would just be me and my fiance) - do I still need a sponsor?

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

HHS Poverty Guidelines. $20,300 is the minimum required income for a household of two, unless you live in either Alaska or Hawaii. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
7 hours ago, Naes said:

As far as I know, Anyone who will travel overseas needs a passport when traveling internationally, age doesn't matter.

Does she have US citizenship?

Yes she has

Yeah I guess I am just confused... because I work at a law firm and I don't necessarily work with immigration, but I have attorneys here who have some experience with immigration and they said the i-134f and all supporting documents for that are not needed until the "adjustment to status/green card" interview...they said it's not necessary at the interview he has with the embassy to receive the visa to marry me. But I don't want to take their word for it.

***Sorry I said i-129F in an earlier post, I meant i-134f

Timeline
3 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Augustines-
Any of you lovely people with early approvals at the NVC stage yet? B-)

2/9/2018 approval date.  Called NVC today 2/22 and a case # was provided as well as an invoice #.  Current NVC status is "At NVC" if that helps. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Do the affidavit of support documents have to be sent to the embassy directly or to our fiancee? Maybe it's embassy dependent? I read about both on here

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 minutes ago, N. Phillips said:

Yeah I guess I am just confused... because I work at a law firm and I don't necessarily work with immigration, but I have attorneys here who have some experience with immigration and they said the i-134f and all supporting documents for that are not needed until the "adjustment to status/green card" interview...they said it's not necessary at the interview he has with the embassy to receive the visa to marry me. But I don't want to take their word for it.

***Sorry I said i-129F in an earlier post, I meant i-134f

Some (maybe all) embassies require the beneficiary to submit an I-134f that has been filled out by the petitioner.  You will need to locate the specific instructions for the embassy that will issue the visa for your case for specific instructions.   Note that instructions are not the same for all embassies.  For example, the Bangkok Embassy documents the following regarding the I-134f:

"EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT: The petitioner must present evidence that neither the applicant nor any dependent children (if applicable) will become a public charge in the United States. A Form I-134, Affidavit of Support signed by the petitioner must be submitted with a copy of the petitioner’s most recent year tax return (Form 1040). An IRS tax transcript may be submitted in lieu of the tax return and is available online at http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/GetTranscript. The petitioner’s income must meet the Poverty Guidelines."

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2017/03/k-packet-3-instruction-mar2017-english.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, george.conley said:

2/9/2018 approval date.  Called NVC today 2/22 and a case # was provided as well as an invoice #.  Current NVC status is "At NVC" if that helps. 

YESSSSSSSSSSS
Progress!! Congratulations!
So happy

19 minutes ago, george.conley said:

Update that timeline :)

Timeline
25 minutes ago, blenheim said:

Do the affidavit of support documents have to be sent to the embassy directly or to our fiancee? Maybe it's embassy dependent? I read about both on here

I tell everyone that right after NVC, everyone should be visiting their respective embassy webpages to know what's up.
It is way too confusing for one person :huh: 

But I will imagine that no embassy will be receiving documents directly. That just sounds like chaos! lol
Hope this helps!

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
1 hour ago, LLT said:

It's all over the place :jest:
i've heard some embassies demand a wet copy. But I've also read in the May and June threads about those that had scanned copies and got their visas no problem.
It's always safer to have a wet copy I'll say.

If not possible,  maybe make sure your embassy is not one of those that demands a wet copy. Cuz if they don't specify, i assume u should be fine with a scanned one. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I just talked to Tier 1 and the guy was able to tell me our case has not been assigned yet.. I always thought only Tier 2 could tell us that. I know we shouldn't trust them on whether or not our case is approved, should I trust them on this??

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

5 minutes ago, kas634 said:

So I just talked to Tier 1 and the guy was able to tell me our case has not been assigned yet.. I always thought only Tier 2 could tell us that. I know we shouldn't trust them on whether or not our case is approved, should I trust them on this??

What number did you call to get onto the tier 1? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.