Maria&Derrick

We never applied for the GC and going to divorce. What are the consequences?

93 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 minutes ago, caliliving said:

No bc you get a green card right away and from a vwp country or Canada you shouldn't have problems traveling before it's issued! Therefore imo it's the better option!

That's your opinion. Everyone is different. In my opinion CR1 would have sucked. I already lived with my husband for a year while studying and I would have hated going through the CR1 visa process. We all have different reasons why we decide what visa is best for us and no one can say: that visa is superior to another visa because you don't know their life and what works for them. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Unidentified said:

Because the CR1 takes forever?

But if your from a country that can visit and u have a stable job that can work right away it's the smartest option! You can visit while it's pending 

Timeline
Just now, caliliving said:

But if your from a country that can visit and u have a stable job that can work right away it's the smartest option! You can visit while it's pending 

See answer above. I wasn't working during my K1 visa because I had just gotten back from an F1 visa so I didn't really have a job apart from jumping in at my old job when someone was sick.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Unidentified said:

See answer above. I wasn't working during my K1 visa because I had just gotten back from an F1 visa so I didn't really have a job apart from jumping in at my old job when someone was sick.  

Makes sense! Glad it worked out

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

K1 requires you to state you will be marrying within the 90 days and show a valid relationship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Straight forward answer:

1. If you have been abused and can provide strong evidence of abuse by USC spouse then you can apply for VAWA from your timeline and case perspective.

2. If there is no abuse proof then you can not get GC through this marriage. You will fall out of status soon. Leave the country or try to change in another visa like F1 as most popular one. 

God bless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, A1987WA said:

Straight forward answer:

1. If you have been abused and can provide strong evidence of abuse by USC spouse then you can apply for VAWA from your timeline and case perspective.

2. If there is no abuse proof then you can not get GC through this marriage. You will fall out of status soon. Leave the country or try to change in another visa like F1 as most popular one. 

God bless.

I don't have proof of physical abuse and it happened only once, and I don't think that verbal abuse like calling me fat all the time, making fun of me or saying he saved me from my third country would count.

And I don't really want to stay just for the sake of staying. Also I don't want any trouble for him, we had some good moments, we had a lot of bad moments, but overall that was a useful experience I guess.

Timeline
Just now, Maria&Derrick said:

I don't have proof of physical abuse and it happened only once, and I don't think that verbal abuse like calling me fat all the time, making fun of me or saying he saved me from my third country would count.

And I don't really want to stay just for the sake of staying. Also I don't want any trouble for him, we had some good moments, we had a lot of bad moments, but overall that was a useful experience I guess.

Actually that is also abuse. 

But I get that you don't want to stay. With no job, friends or family there's nothing here for you. You are better off returning to your family and friends. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Maria&Derrick said:

Abuse can be proved through hidden records (Audio and Video), texts and emails, any other documents. Since you still on K-1 visa so calling names or light abuse won't help. You can try to make him mad and let him do mistakes/abuses and record it-- Its one policy that a lot of people do when they are abused but don't have enough proofs. Its nothing fraud; its just welcoming the ABUSER to abuse you again like before he did and you are in process of collecting evidences. I know it sounds like weird; but honestly lots of people do. From my experience I can say an example- I never did anything wrong in my relation but my wife abandoned our home to maintain her new concealed relation:D What she was doing to me like trying all best  to make me damn mad and somehow get in trouble so that she can get ground for divorce. But unfortunately she could not do that coz every time I met her I was just remembering God and stayed ice cool. I learned lesson LOL And If u apply for VAWA it won't affect him. So make your own choices. God bless

Timeline
3 minutes ago, A1987WA said:

Abuse can be proved through hidden records (Audio and Video), texts and emails, any other documents. Since you still on K-1 visa so calling names or light abuse won't help. You can try to make him mad and let him do mistakes/abuses and record it-- Its one policy that a lot of people do when they are abused but don't have enough proofs. Its nothing fraud; its just welcoming the ABUSER to abuse you again like before he did and you are in process of collecting evidences. I know it sounds like weird; but honestly lots of people do. From my experience I can say an example- I never did anything wrong in my relation but my wife abandoned our home to maintain her new concealed relation:D What she was doing to me like trying all best  to make me damn mad and somehow get in trouble so that she can get ground for divorce. But unfortunately she could not do that coz every time I met her I was just remembering God and stayed ice cool. I learned lesson LOL And If u apply for VAWA it won't affect him. So make your own choices. God bless

Please don't ever give a woman this kind of advise EVER! First of all, not all states allow for you to record them without the other persons knowledge and approval. Second #######? Do not ever give this advice ever again to anyone. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mary Lou said:

This is terrible advice!! Why in the world would she purposely provoke her husband to abuse her??? :blink:

Yeah... Lots of lawyers give this advice over the counter!!

2 hours ago, A1987WA said:

Are you a lawyer??????? Even if you are not, don't ever tell someone this advice!!!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Timeline
5 minutes ago, A1987WA said:

Doubt it. Don't spread that #######. You realize you can get women killed with that kind of advice right?

Edited by Unidentified

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.