slherbin

Petition sent back to USCIS for review

52 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Austin said:

Wait for the letter, you could be given a second interview and approved

If it was already sent back to USCIS, then there is no chance for a second interview. The petition will be left to expire. A returned I-129F is no longer reviewed as of several years back.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
30 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

I am so sorry your case turned out this way. My husband and I also had our K1 denied two years ago, so I understand the heartache that comes with it. 

As others have stated, your best thing to do is to go to Ghana and get married. That said simply getting married isn't enough to overcome the concerns the CO has with your case. It's good that you contacted your Congresswoman, but sounds like you got the same generic answers everyone does. You need to carefully look at your case, see what red flags you have and find ways to overcome them. 

Examples: 

• Do you have an age gap? An older women/younger man isn't a cultural norm for Ghana and adds extra scrutiny to the case. This can be overcome by providing good evidence of a solid relationship. Best evidence you can submit it time spent together in person. 
  • How many times have you been to Ghana? As I already mentioned, face time is like gold to this embassy. If you've only had one trip and then filed your petition, it isn't enough for Ghana. I highly recommend planning to go back several times as you continue your next petition. I went 5 times in 2 years. Expensive...yes...but worth it because my husband is now here.
  • How long have you known each other? A short relationship followed by a petition can cause problems in Ghana. 
  • Did you do an engagement party? If so, they already think you're married and its basically an automatic denial. It happened to us. We didn't consider ourselves married, but my sweet husband took pictures from the party and they were interpreted as a wedding. We had to start all over and it cost us more time apart.  

I know many of these might not seem like big problems, but in a high fraud country like Ghana they are...and have led to many people being denied. 

Great advice..... I have learned so much from this site... For example the importance of front loading, the fact that most have said attending the Interview helps, I have received a lot of good pointers that will defintiely help. My concern is that, folks post, ask a question, get advice and dont listen. In fact, I just read a thread where someone was denied because they did a "commitment ceremony" or something and then got denied for being married, but took pictures or something and said it wasn't "legal". Someone commented that she had a previous thread and was warned to not do such a ceremony. But, she didn't listen......... 

Just now, Maria1989 said:

Great advice..... I have learned so much from this site... For example the importance of front loading, the fact that most have said attending the Interview helps, I have received a lot of good pointers that will defintiely help. My concern is that, folks post, ask a question, get advice and dont listen. In fact, I just read a thread where someone was denied because they did a "commitment ceremony" or something and then got denied for being married, but took pictures or something and said it wasn't "legal". Someone commented that she had a previous thread and was warned to not do such a ceremony. But, she didn't listen......... 

That was me doing the warning. :P

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry this happened to you but you may never get a letter 

they said fraud so they believe you are married / sometimes this is because photos of engagement party in Ghana are taken as marriage ceremony

my K1 denied in 2009 

letter to explain why/????? never came

the 221 g they handed him said nothing

go and marry 

do the CR1

Been there done that as we say

Timeline
Just now, geowrian said:

That was me doing the warning. :P

Well...... I'm sure you wanted to say "I told you so" when you saw the updated post... She got a lot of that. Best advice, is learned. I defintiely value the experience and advice of people who have experienced the process first hand... SMH 

Timeline

You need to know

check this out

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Immigrant Visa Case Number: CSBxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Case Created: 17-Jun-2014
Case Last Updated: 11-Jul-2017

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached. 
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, O&GForever said:

I am so sorry your case turned out this way. My husband and I also had our K1 denied two years ago, so I understand the heartache that comes with it. 

As others have stated, your best thing to do is to go to Ghana and get married. That said simply getting married isn't enough to overcome the concerns the CO has with your case. It's good that you contacted your Congresswoman, but sounds like you got the same generic answers everyone does. You need to carefully look at your case, see what red flags you have and find ways to overcome them. 

Examples: 

• Do you have an age gap? An older women/younger man isn't a cultural norm for Ghana and adds extra scrutiny to the case. This can be overcome by providing good evidence of a solid relationship. Best evidence you can submit it time spent together in person. 
  • How many times have you been to Ghana? As I already mentioned, face time is like gold to this embassy. If you've only had one trip and then filed your petition, it isn't enough for Ghana. I highly recommend planning to go back several times as you continue your next petition. I went 5 times in 2 years. Expensive...yes...but worth it because my husband is now here.
  • How long have you known each other? A short relationship followed by a petition can cause problems in Ghana. 
  • Did you do an engagement party? If so, they already think you're married and its basically an automatic denial. It happened to us. We didn't consider ourselves married, but my sweet husband took pictures from the party and they were interpreted as a wedding. We had to start all over and it cost us more time apart.  

I know many of these might not seem like big problems, but in a high fraud country like Ghana they are...and have led to many people being denied. 

Exactly. COs know the culture like the back of their hands in each country they are stationed in. In Sub-Saharan Africa, women are expected to have BABIES....that's it. If there is an problem with that due to age, then what will the Husband do in the USA? 

Hence the refusal. The interesting thing that has changed the situation worldwide is the approval of Gay Marriage and Visas. I am hearing of Older American men with younger African Men getting married in South Africa and coming to the USA. Also, older African men + American men....however, since they cannot have children, this aspect is not an issue.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

You need to know

check this out

U.S. Department of State

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached. 

Irrelevant to the topic and situation of the OP.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

On 7/20/2017 at 4:42 PM, slherbin said:

she sent an email and received the reply that it was returned because they believe we are trying to commit a fraud/and or we are already married, which is absurd.

Just wondering, why would they think that you are already married? Did you guys, by any chance, held a wedding ceremony (a ceremony without legalities, more like a celebration of the upcoming nuptials) and presented photos of that ceremony during the interview? The consul might misinterpret such photos as wedding photos and not just ceremony photos. Idk. Something tells me that one of the evidences  you have submitted convinced the consul that you guys are not following through the purpose of the visa you are applying for.

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Timeline

not so

this is what happens in Morocco

this person provided 2 documents asked for and has been  in AP since 2014

the case is not denied as such but it allowed to die in libo

we, who have gone thru Casa embassy best know this

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
22 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

You need to know

check this out

U.S. Department of State

Also going through AP...Very stressful waiting waiting...DNA got to the embassy 29th May 2017 till date no call from them embassy...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ebunoluwa said:

STOP giving wrong advice.

Stop claiming just because you go through Casa you know best, ridiculous.

OP's petition (K1 case) has been returned and will be expired. Period.
What you posted has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

This is about the 4-5 th time I asked you to stop posting irrelevant posts in various threads, all you do is cause confusion

when you post about returned cases.
Learn the basics between AP, returned K1's and returned spousal visas before misleading others here.
People have a hard enough time to understand the return process without you posting things that do not apply to their situation,
petition and process.

I was confused too.... Her comments have nothing to do with this thread... Who ever said these people were in AP. Their K-1 was returned for Fraud/other reasons.

Besides, I wouldn't even take advice from her, didnt she have to do like 4 petitions, IJS. Clearly don't take her advice, she is not even on the correct topic, and being argumentative. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

not so

this is what happens in Morocco

this person provided 2 documents asked for and has been  in AP since 2014

the case is not denied as such but it allowed to die in libo

we, who have gone thru Casa embassy best know this

The OP is not in AP... She was'nt asked for any documents. Her petition has been returned to the USCIS. You are on the wrong thread and/or giving bad advice. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******  Being in AP is very different from your case being sent back state side, and the K1 denial is handled differently from the CR-1 process denial.  Additionally, different embassies handle doubtful cases very differently.  Please do not comment unless you have personal experience similar to Op, or know what you are talking about otherwise; wrong advice can do more harm than good. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.