BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2017 at 8:30 AM, janet3 said:

It's the USCIS "case status online". You can use the WAC number you will receive from USCIS  (on the NOA1) to look it up.

However.....

Those of us who have been watching it since February noticed they stopped reliably updating approvals  (when they send out the NOA2) the first week of May. They do seem to update RFEs though.....

Hi janet3, so even if they are not updating approvals online with the WAC number would they will still send the NOA2 by mail?

We got our NOA1!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Zjazzyzz7 said:

Hi janet3, so even if they are not updating approvals online with the WAC number would they will still send the NOA2 by mail?

Yes. That is how everyone has been getting them....

Timeline
On 7/19/2017 at 9:38 PM, pajobra said:

Hello fellow Canadians. I am a March Filer and I live in Manitoba. I am planning on staying in Montreal a week and staying in an airbnb because lots of canadians going through this have used them and had great reviews of places. Tons of AirBnBs around both the medical place and the embassy. :D Good luck to you guys in the future. I am still waiting for my NOA2 125 days and counting.

Yeah, definitely will be researching the AirBnB option a lot more as we get closer, the cost seems so much less that way. I'd love to find one where i can use the kitchen, so I can save some money on food while there for a whole week. Good luck with yours!

On 7/20/2017 at 0:48 AM, BVGApeach said:

Hey Fellow GA VisaJourney member :)

Sometimes we get a lot of snow in GA - it depends on what region you live in, though. North Georgia regularly gets snow/ice storms in Jan./Feb., but the accumulation isn't anything like what you get up north. The ice is what always shuts everything down. Although, who knows what will happen in the future with global warming. People were in shorts for Christmas a few years ago...

He's in north west Georgia, and doesn't seem to get too much during the winter. They were all super excited to get that little bit of snow this year. 

I laugh because my first winter or two people will think I'm crazy in my light sweater and no jacket, as those winter temps are something I'm used to in fall and spring. Haha. 

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Zjazzyzz7 said:

Thanks. It seems that your fiance is Algerian as well. I hope all goes well! :)

Thank you! 

I am actually a February filer....

I am still waiting on the NOA2  (166 days)

Good luck on your journey. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Here's our update.

July 6: attorney mailed petition via FedEx

July 10: USCIS received

July 12: Notice of Action date for petition receipt

July 17: I received NOA1 in the mail (attorney did not request email/text for us)

The address at the bottom of the notice is in California, so I guess it's being processed at the California service center?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all! I wanted to join this thread for encouragement during the long wait! I petitioned for my fiance to come over from the Philippines.

Here is the progress so far:

July 14: Package received by USCIS

July 20: NOA receipt came by email

It is being process by the California service center. Hopefully the wait is not too long!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

July 15, 2017 I-129F sent To Dallas Lockbox by USPS mail service 

July 18, 2017 arrived at Lockbox

July 21, 2017 text and email notification for NOA1

Just waiting on form I-797 now :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Just received text message that my case was received from USCIS. Just to clarify is this the NOA1? I mailed my package this Monday 7/17, and received text message from USPS that it was available for pick up on Tuesday 7/18 and then a text message saying delivered Wednesday 7/19 at 3:45 in the morning. 

Edited by PolandSeattle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Our I-129f was delivered today (July 21st) according to our tracking number! Praying that we get our text/email notification next week! 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Zjazzyzz7 said:

One more thing....a lot of people have started signing up for the "informed delivery" through the Postal service....it may be something you want to look into closer to your projected NOA2 date....

Forgot about it earlier :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lorna&Alex said:

July 15, 2017 I-129F sent To Dallas Lockbox by USPS mail service 

July 18, 2017 arrived at Lockbox

July 21, 2017 text and email notification for NOA1

Just waiting on form I-797 now :)

Me too!! Congrats on the beginning of your visa journey! 😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.