BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 7/15/2017 at 10:31 PM, jdks said:

We just filed on the 12th of July and  are anxiously waiting for the  NOA1! Glad to have some company on this journey!

Awesome! Glad to have a fellow Canadian going through this!

My passport photo just got to my fiance yesterday, so we're going through everything tonight so we can mail it off this week! Can't wait to get it rolling. 

Edited by Ezraylia

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ezraylia said:

Awesome! Glad to have a fellow Canadian going through this!

My passport photo just got to my fiance yesterday, so we're going through everything tonight so we can mail it off this week! Can't wait to get it rolling. 

So am I! 

The medical portion is a worry for me, as there is not an authorized Dr in my area. I have to fly to either Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver for the exam.  Another added cost..

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jdks said:

So am I! 

The medical portion is a worry for me, as there is not an authorized Dr in my area. I have to fly to either Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver for the exam.  Another added cost..

Yeah, I'm in Alberta, so when I figured that out it was frustrating. Since we're going to the Montreal Embassy, I called their Doc and got the info about it. They will have the results in 3 business days, so I've planned to be in Montreal for a week, so I can get the medical done, then linger there between that and the interview. For me it's cheaper to do it in one trip, as the hotel for a few days is cheaper than all new flights at a different time. 

You're heading to Michigan? At least you'll be able to keep some snow. I'm going to miss it horribly. 

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ezraylia said:

Yeah, I'm in Alberta, so when I figured that out it was frustrating. Since we're going to the Montreal Embassy, I called their Doc and got the info about it. They will have the results in 3 business days, so I've planned to be in Montreal for a week, so I can get the medical done, then linger there between that and the interview. For me it's cheaper to do it in one trip, as the hotel for a few days is cheaper than all new flights at a different time. 

You're heading to Michigan? At least you'll be able to keep some snow. I'm going to miss it horribly. 

Figure that is what I am going to be doing also. Will be cheaper if I use Airbnb.  Im in Manitoba, which is far from everything.

Glad to be keeping the snow and Michigan isn't so far from home either. You are off to Georgia? I think they get a dusting of snow occasionally :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, jdks said:

Figure that is what I am going to be doing also. Will be cheaper if I use Airbnb.  Im in Manitoba, which is far from everything.

Glad to be keeping the snow and Michigan isn't so far from home either. You are off to Georgia? I think they get a dusting of snow occasionally :)

Yeah, I looked into AirBnB as well, not sure if that's what I'll do or not, but it's a pretty good option.

Ha! They got a dusting this winter and everyone was so excited and I just kind of laughed. At least the winters will be nice sand safe for a change, no road issues. And no more winter jackets! Seems like I'm replacing winter jackets with AC. Haha.

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 7/18/2017 at 11:21 AM, PolandSeattle said:

hi there! 

I live in seattle and my fiancé lives in Poland. I just mailed our form yesterday 7/17/17 next day air and it should be arriving at the lockbox at noon today. Just a few concerns I have, one I did not make a copy of my booklet of every page before sending it. I read after I sent it that I should have made 2 copies. Also I did not request a signature at time of delivery. I hope this doesn't cause to much of an issue. Mainly the not having a copy of my whole booklet. Anyone with some reassurance or experience with this would be great apppreciated it. I will keep posting updates as they come! Hope everyone the best of luck. Thanks! 

Are you talking about the packet you sent to USCIS? If that is what you are talking about.....don't worry. They will not ask for duplicate information  (but your fiance needs all of the pertinent information for the interview).

As for tracking.....it's useless to have the signature receipt....the carrier you sent it through will notify you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, JustinandMarlen said:

Thank you! Yes I wish you guys luck as well! 

Only thing I'm unsure of is why it was sent to California. I live in Tennessee.  

All I-129fs go through California unless there are special circumstances  (criminal records, etc)

9 hours ago, Ezraylia said:

Yeah, I looked into AirBnB as well, not sure if that's what I'll do or not, but it's a pretty good option.

Ha! They got a dusting this winter and everyone was so excited and I just kind of laughed. At least the winters will be nice sand safe for a change, no road issues. And no more winter jackets! Seems like I'm replacing winter jackets with AC. Haha.

Hello fellow Canadians. I am a March Filer and I live in Manitoba. I am planning on staying in Montreal a week and staying in an airbnb because lots of canadians going through this have used them and had great reviews of places. Tons of AirBnBs around both the medical place and the embassy. :D Good luck to you guys in the future. I am still waiting for my NOA2 125 days and counting.

22 hours ago, Ezraylia said:

Hey Fellow GA VisaJourney member :)

Sometimes we get a lot of snow in GA - it depends on what region you live in, though. North Georgia regularly gets snow/ice storms in Jan./Feb., but the accumulation isn't anything like what you get up north. The ice is what always shuts everything down. Although, who knows what will happen in the future with global warming. People were in shorts for Christmas a few years ago...

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Timeline
12 hours ago, pajobra said:

Hello fellow Canadians. I am a March Filer and I live in Manitoba. I am planning on staying in Montreal a week and staying in an airbnb because lots of canadians going through this have used them and had great reviews of places. Tons of AirBnBs around both the medical place and the embassy. :D Good luck to you guys in the future. I am still waiting for my NOA2 125 days and counting.

Im from Manitoba also.  Are you planning on doing the medical and interview all at the same time or splitting it up? The really need an authorized Dr in the prairie provinces. 

How long was it from the time you mailed your K-1 to the time you received your NOA1? 

3 hours ago, jdks said:

Im from Manitoba also.  Are you planning on doing the medical and interview all at the same time or splitting it up? The really need an authorized Dr in the prairie provinces. 

How long was it from the time you mailed your K-1 to the time you received your NOA1? 

It was 13 days from the time we sent it in til when we got the NOA1. 

Yeah I am gonna go in and do the medical and then pick up the medical just before I do the interview the next week since they only do K-1 interviews on Wednesday. Planning on going in the Wednesday before and do medical the Thursday hopefully. Might stay longer depends on what happens with all that I guess. My Mum is coming with me and we plan on sight seeing Montreal since neither of us has been. We figure its a good time to do a last Mother Daughter trip. :) 

I totally agree they need to have a doctor in the prairie provinces say like Saskatoon. That would be a good one to be in-between.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.