BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, joelcassie said:

Thank you so much for the encouragements I will try my hardest stay positive and relax myself,after all ive already been waiting for this long.

good luck with your case!Hope you get your NOA2 very soon!!!!!

Thank you. Stay positive, your so close to the finish line that a few more days, or even a couple weeks is nothing at this point.:D

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

11 hours ago, marinapoli said:

We’re all struggling here and this whole process sucks, but at least we found the one!!! And hey, your NOA2 took 5-6 months, well mine looks like it will take 8 months, because we’re already at 220 days and nothing, plus interviews in Brazil are already being scheduled for April, so it’s not going to be fast here either :( 

Marina, April is already closed?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Emanuelle said:

Marina, April is already closed?

The latest info I have (which is from a FB group called Unidos pelo visto K1) was two weeks ago, the dates available for interview in Brazil were March 27, April 3rd, April 10th and April 24th. I was hoping to do my interview in March, but that’s out of the picture since I don’t even have NOA2.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi guys, my package is currently "in transit" (From NVC to the embassy,) can i schedule the medical appointment now? or need to wait until i have an interview appointment/ instructions from the embassy?  

Thanks! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Jeff_9802 said:

@Amit&Julie   We feel your pain.  We got our NOA2 on 1/31, and it was ready at the US Embassy in Greece on 2/20.  Then we got the packet 3, and everything has gone downhill since then.  The US Embassy does not require Apostille stamps on any documents.  We knew this.  However, since my fiance is Russian and her documents are in Russian, we have to get them translated at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Athens, Greece.  We did not know this.  And, they will only translate documents that have the Apostille stamp.  So now we are paying a rush fee, which will hopefully get us the Apostille stamped documents in about a month.  The original estimate was 2-9 months.  Then, we will have to wait another 2 weeks to get the documents translated, so that we can submit the packet 3 information.  And, we cannot even schedule an interview and until after we have submitted the packet 3 information.  At this point, I think the best case is that her interview will be in late April, although it could be delayed until sometime in May.

Oh my gosh, that sounds like SUCH a pain. I'm sorry you're having to go through that. Having to deal with 2 unique governments, each with their own quirks, bureaucracies, and degrees of corruption, is sooo frustrating, isn't it? :dead:  I'll be glad when we ONLY have to deal with the US Government, because that's difficult enough!

2 hours ago, ArgentinaTamara said:

hi guys, my package is currently "in transit" (From NVC to the embassy,) can i schedule the medical appointment now? or need to wait until i have an interview appointment/ instructions from the embassy?  

Thanks! 

We made our appointment as soon as we had our NVC number :) Just make sure you go to an approved doctor!

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I NEED HELP WITH A RFE:

Can someone explain me why they ask this (see pic) to my US fiancé... he is 100% American... He did send with the petition the copy of his birthday certificate... or they just want a legible copy! 

And what about thid form FS-240?

talking about making thing difficult...

If someone can help me with that please...

IMG_5997.JPG

Edited by P&R2017

Timeline
13 minutes ago, P&R2017 said:

I NEED HELP WITH A RFE:

Can someone explain me why they ask this (see pic) to my US fiancé... he is 100% American... He did send with the petition the copy of his birthday certificate... or they just want a legible copy! 

And what about thid form FS-240?

talking about making thing difficult...

If someone can help me with that please...

IMG_5997.JPG

I think they want a legible copy of it, and it has to be a long-form one. They say proof of US citizenship it can be ANY of the following, so you don't have to submit the FS-240 form, it's just one of the options.

Maybe you could ask him to request an original long-form birth certificate and send it, so there's no way they will say it's not a legible copy, along with copies of all this US passport pages. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
8 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

I think they want a legible copy of it, and it has to be a long-form one. They say proof of US citizenship it can be ANY of the following, so you don't have to submit the FS-240 form, it's just one of the options.

Maybe you could ask him to request an original long-form birth certificate and send it, so there's no way they will say it's not a legible copy, along with copies of all this US passport pages. 

Thanks... we gonna do that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey guys, I know this isn't anything new but I had a terrible conversation with uscis today :D. I asked to speak to tier 2 and they called me back a couple of hours later. I asked if she could verify that my RFE was received by uscis and if there was any other information regarding my case status that she could share. She said they received it feb 14th and there was nothing else she could tell me. I was about to ask her another question when she hung up on me. Oh well, I guess the waiting game continues...  :( 

Timeline

Any news, anyone? @Naes if you are able to, can you please post the graphs of how many Juliers were approved?

I feel sick every time I check August filers forum because it feels like USCIS forgot about July filers and are going full speed on August. I am super happy for everyone who's finally moving on, but how do we survive this wait? 221 days.. yesterday was not the day, weekend approaching and USCIS will be closed, so another 2 days without any news over here. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Bah90 said:

HI guys. My fiance called nvc today but he could not get through anything. 

I just want to make sure what number we should call? Thank you🙏🏼

I believe 603-334-0700

I'm sorry to hear that @marinapoli, we have our NOA1 almost the same day and you still waiting, it is so weird you are not approved yet

I really hope you receive your NOA2 pretty soon! 

Edited by Emanuelle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.