dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2017

1,556 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, chamma said:

@KaurN & @SP&SP - Well don't fret... @MLK2016's wife was also denied a tourist visa; she had a fraudulent reason. But they did mention the same on DS260. He did mention that it came up during the interview (you can read his review). The CO only asked if she was denied a tourist visa. They are approved now and are happy :) 

Being truthful about your entire immigration process is the key.

Good Catch!! :thumbs:

Many Congratulations!!! :goofy:

You can try. Like @JBMG suggested, you should call the NVC. I think its a valid reason .

Yes.. very normal :D . That's the status when NVC sends in documents to the Embassy. It would change to Ready once Embassy has it!

I totally agree with you both .. we aren't here to lie and put in false information. We are here because we actually understand the pain of being away from our closed ones and to have a better understanding of this process. And to also not have any glitches or delays around this process. We are here to seek information, to help with as much information we can have. 

@JBMG's sheet has been a enormous tool to figure out NVC's pattern of working with consulates around the world. Ofcourse we need to be careful about disclosing personal information and I earnestly believe that everyone is guarding their personal details at the best. But I do not believe many could lie...

should be a glitch in the system. 

When we were about to begin the immigrant Visa process we knew about her lie about being married on the B2 tourist Visa application and were extremely concerned.  I searched the forums on Visa Journey for similar situations.  There was one other in which the lie was never brought up at the interview.   The optimism we had was relying on that a tourist visa is a non-immigrant visa application.  (There is a difference).  Also she was denied on the B2 tourist Visa application, was never in the U.S. so therefore did not benefit from the lie which is also important.    Still our approach was two-fold.  The first was that we decided to get married and not attempt a fiance visa.  We felt it was more difficult for them to deny a visa to a married couple.   More importantly we decided that we must be truthful on the DS-260.  In the question where they asked whether an application was ever previously made for a visa, we answered there was.  Further, although not necessary we went into a detailed response indicating the lie and the reason for it (her sister in the US was dying of cancer and she was desperate to see her).    The tourist visa was brought up as a question at the interview.  But the question was not did you lie on the B2 application or why did you lie?  The question was why were you denied a B2 travel visa?   We were prepared for any questions about the tourist visa and she gave the response of her sister being ill, she was denied the visa, and her sister died later that year with them never seeing each other.   After the answer, the interviewer said he was sorry about that.   Then he granted the CR-1.

Our visa journey is over.   Good luck to all of you waiting for your interviews.   I am back in the U.S. for about one week and my wife will join me in the U.S. on July 20.  :)

9 hours ago, PP_2016 said:

My final preparation for Tuesday..

Blue folder- Civil,financial, passport,DS260, appointment letter,photo,original civil docs and any extra doc for just in case.

Separated and labelled.

Red folder- relationship evidences. 

Green envelope- Medical 

Two brown bags 💼- wedding albums. Will carry them without bags.

IMG_1150.PNG

Best of luck.  I hope you have the same good fortune as us.   We had the same blue folder with labels.  The only thing they took out of it was the original documents which they returned and the DS-260 payment receipt.  They took the medical records.  They did not take or ask anything about the relationship and did not look at any photos.   

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, MLK2016 said:

Best of luck.  I hope you have the same good fortune as us.   We had the same blue folder with labels.  The only thing they took out of it was the original documents which they returned and the DS-260 payment receipt.  They took the medical records.  They did not take or ask anything about the relationship and did not look at any photos.   

Wish it goes equally smooth with us too. Thank you for the wishes. 

My VISA Journey so far:
USCIS - I-130

Spoiler

05/2016: Got Married

09/28/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
10/03/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Potomac Service Centre
01/25/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/02/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

02/17/2017: Case number assigned
02/23/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
02/23/2017: DS 261 Completed

02/23/2017: AOS fees paid

03/06/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/08/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/14/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/16/2017: AOS & IV Package received at NVC

03/20/2017: SCAN DATE

05/22/2017: Case complete at NVC

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/10/2017: Medical done

06/25/2017:Biometrics done

07/11/2017: Interview in New Delhi

07/11/2017: VISA APPROVED!!

07/12/2017: Got notification that the passport if ready for pick up

07/13/2017: Passport/VISA in hand.

ROC Approved

Spoiler

06/01/2019: I-751 sent to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/04/2019: I-751 package delivered to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/10/2019: Check cleared.

06/10/2019: 18 months extension letter (hard copy) received in mail. 

06/21/2019: Biometrics appointment letter received in mail for the appointment on 07/03/2019

07/03/2019: Biometrics completed.

12/15/2021: Combo interview with N-400 (Applied May 2020). Approved.

N400 Approved

Spoiler

05/04/2020: Applied Online. Notice received.

10/22/2020: Biometric Reuse notice received.

11/09/2021: Interview scheduled for 12/15/2021.

12/15/2021: Interview. Approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, PP_2016 said:

My final preparation for Tuesday..

Blue folder- Civil,financial, passport,DS260, appointment letter,photo,original civil docs and any extra doc for just in case.

Separated and labelled.

Red folder- relationship evidences. 

Green envelope- Medical 

Two brown bags 💼- wedding albums. Will carry them without bags.

IMG_1150.PNG

Good luck.

I was under wrong assumption only transparent folders were allowed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, gili said:

do you guys think i will make it to august interview? 

It's up to your embassy, if they have availability, then yes.. The following are still waiting for an interview from your country.

@bbansah2 @Nana&Akua

VJ display name USCIS Priority Date (PD) Most recent Scan Date (SD) At review Dept SD to Review WEEKS Case Complete (CC) Review dept to CC - DAYS SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS PD to CC - WEEKS Filed via Visa Class Received Interview Notifcation Interview
bbansah2 5/2/2016 3/21/2017 5/4/2017 6.29 5/22/2017 18 62 8.86 55 Mail IR5    
gili 6/13/2016 4/27/2017     7/6/2017 No Rev Date 70 10.00 55 Mail CR1    
Nana&Akual 7/25/2016 4/24/2017 6/26/2017 9.00 6/28/2017 2 65 9.29 48 Mail IR5    

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Good morning everyone 

So my wife had her interview today, the agent told her that your visa is approved but we have to keep your wedding album photos to do an investigation. So wired, is it something we should worry about?

he didn't ask her any question, except did you do the wedding, when? And where? That's it 

thanks for sharing your experiences 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Okay so I just called up the doctors in London that performs the medical to ask a question regarding my vaccinations. I also asked if they require a medical summary and it is a new requirement. Finally, since it is the only doctors in England that performs the medical, I asked if there are a lot of cases and she said it's very busy. Just a heads up for U.K. based cases :) 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Berberusa said:

Good morning everyone 

So my wife had her interview today, the agent told her that your visa is approved but we have to keep your wedding album photos to do an investigation. So wired, is it something we should worry about?

he didn't ask her any question, except did you do the wedding, when? And where? That's it 

Wow, that is strange.. Have you found anything on your portal? Maybe this has happened to someone else? You can find others there. Advise you to include your review in there as well. 

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Algeria&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=IR-1%2FCR-1+Visa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Berberusa said:

Good morning everyone 

Wow.. that's really wierd 

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Timeline

Hello,

@vantine2603 @Adorable @ain @justwaiting17 @famof3 @amistry18 @mmadd636 @Yari86 @rexsinni2264 @Mojk @harpmi02 @Meekoz @vintash @2litros @M&G_NL @KaurN

Just wanted to wish you all good luck on your interviews this week!! Meanwhile, please check out interview reviews from your country's portals.. Please update it with your reviews once you've completed yours! 

Here is the link to find all the reviews. 

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

Good luck!! We'll all be thinking of you!! It's been an amazing journey with you these last few months. 

Congrats to the following who have already completed their interviews. If you haven't do so already, please share your experience on your country's portal :) This will be helpful for us who are preparing for our interviews!! Hope all is well and wishing you the best!!

@parsha @erg420 @missileman @penelope_Cy @rac717 @laulholley @Auds @alicia98981 @swimgrl8259 @claudia88031 @Tanish @Ahmed & Amy @Elguero5 @Gege6 @Ingenuus @Chahal @rahsab @sonarlogic @roodmail1 @MLK2016 @Charlie_AnaLynn @kellyh @Cat_Dad @maria betances @alohasabaidee @Ayo @benci @MD11PILOT @erusinque @aelizo38 @silverado123 @Mharlie & David

Here is the link to include your reviews. 

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

Again, just wanted to thank all of you for your efforts in keeping our spreadsheet up to date. It's been sooooo helpful!!!  

JBMG

Timeline

AUGUST INTERVIEW DATES UPDATE!!

@- J & K -  @ajman @Alex10040 @April Mora @Babybjorn @bbansah2 @cadtousa @daprax @Dinah @enigma992 @Feanix @fernansol  @firstlady2411 @GheC @gili @hbQawee @interstephen @irma24 @J@grurtx @jamaicankim @JessieABC @Leo & Angie @Louie1988 @Majid1986 @maryam78 @Mellisa @Mendoza.Love @miaqat @Nana&Akua @NBA16 @RamStu@Rayan_b @rhojam @ShellsBells @Shugi @Sidney and Dennis @SK10 @sulusum @swelove

:jest: :energy: :dance:  :goofy:   :energy: :dance:  :goofy: :blink: :jest: :energy: :dance:  :goofy:   :energy: :dance:  :goofy: :blink:

Congrats to the new CCs!!  Since we have cases on our spreadsheet that have received their August interview dates. We can assume that the following countries have released their August interview dates. If you've recently received a CC, and see your country below. I suggest calling the NVC everyday.. If you do not see your country below and are still waiting for it, sort the spreadsheet by country, and see when they received their interview notification.. It could be that your country releases their dates closer to the 15th of every month. Click here for instructions on how to sort the spreadsheet.  (the sort instructions are located on the blue tab on our spreadsheet) 

Interview - Country Interview - City
Bahamas Nassau
Bangladesh Dhaka
Barbados Bridgetown
Colombia Bogotá
Cuba Havana
Dominican Republic Santo Domingo
France Paris
Haiti Port au Prince
India Mumbai
India New Delhi
Jamaica Kingston
Kenya Nairobi
Mexico Ciudad Juarez
Netherlands Amsterdam
Nigeria Lagos
Pakistan Islamabad
Peru Lima
Philippines Calamba
Russia Moscow
United Kingdom London
Venezuela Caracas
Zimbabwe Harare

Call now! They have just opened!!!! :) 

Calling the NVC from outside of the US

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

4, to confirm date and time of interview

Thank you, 
JBMG

===

Upon receipt of your interview notification, please update your questionnaire.

By this time next week, it's possible that the NVC will start saying they've ran out of interview dates for certain countries.. if you hear this. update your notes and let us know on here.   

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017.  

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ayo said:

Guys please help, I'm confused.

Is there any other status update on ceac after "issued"???

Normally that's the last update, unless they return it to the NVC. Here you can find  Visa Status Examples / Stages. To see the examples/descriptions of each stage, please scroll down after clicking on the link. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.