MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, DS-5535-O1A said:

I was outside US when I got this job offer and we decided to file a petition for O1A visa. After the petition is approved by uscis we went for the visa interview and this happened 

The lawyer should have known not to do that. Will it be fixed?

Hi All, 

i has my interview on 15th Nov. everything went well. They gave me white form and later sent an email having questions. Replied the same day and received their automated reply. Since then my case has been updated three times. 16th Nov, 19th and 20th Nov. but showing AP till now. They kept my passport! What does these updates mean like 3 times in a week..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MKamil said:

Hi All, 

i has my interview on 15th Nov. everything went well. They gave me white form and later sent an email having questions. Replied the same day and received their automated reply. Since then my case has been updated three times. 16th Nov, 19th and 20th Nov. but showing AP till now. They kept my passport! What does these updates mean like 3 times in a week..

Just that they updated your file.   Our interview was the 23rd we received the questionnaire on the 30th we sent it back the same day.  We had updates the  30th, 31st, 1st, 2nd and 6th no updates since then.   

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, MKamil said:

Hi All, 

they updated our case  everyday for two weeks. nothing after that

5 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

@ibnfawzi

Did yoi guys receive visa 13months from interview date or 13 months from submitting the questionnaire? 

Still waiting :(

+15 months #CRI 

interview 2017 sep 

i don't know this AP .... 

1 minute ago, yousef5 said:

Still waiting too

interview was October 29 2017 I sent the DS form same day and I’m still waiting last update was may 20 2018

Where was your interview?

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/20/2018 at 4:02 AM, DS-5535-O1A said:

I was outside US when I got this job offer and we decided to file a petition for O1A visa. After the petition is approved by uscis we went for the visa interview and this happened 

ok, good luck! what's the plan now?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 11/21/2018 at 12:59 PM, yousef5 said:

Cairo Egypt but my wife has somali passport 

so your wife's interview was in Cairo but she is somali? This seems to be the common factor for us all I think. My husband has a green card in Spain where he lives and works but has a Pakistani passport. What once was a CR1 visa has now crossed over to a IR1 visa. We've been in AP hell for 9 months. We get update at least twice a month but when one of us emails the embassy we are told to wait....

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my K1 visa interview in Canada this past Wednesday and was approved. I was sent an email on Friday asking me to send back the form. I’d never even heard of this form before, I felt so blindsided :( 

hoping it moves fast for everyone! 

On 10/22/2018 at 4:48 AM, aqz17 said:

Hi all,

Been awhile since I last posted on here. Just wanted to give a quick update. My fiancee had her interview back in October 2017 (K1 visa - Casablanca Morocco). She had 0 updates until Saturday September 28th, about 12 months into AP (apparently the consulate worked that saturday due to the pending lottery visas). They called/emailed her and asked her to re-do her medical plus renew additional documents. Once she returned the documents, it took them 1 week to process the visa and they asked her to pick it up in person on Tuesday Oct 16th. She flew to NYC on Thursday the 18th (had no issues at JFK), we got our marriage license on friday the 19th and had our Nikkah on Saturday night the 20th :) Wanted to thank all for their support and guidance, my final advice is to be polite, extremely professional and courteous to the consulate when reaching out to them. The average processing time is around the 11-13 month range (in my research/opinion). The congressman we reached out to helped 0%, we found out more info on our own than he did. I truly believe asking to speak to a superior to escalate our case was the reason why it was finally looked at, I would strongly advise all to try the same. If any questions, feel free to reach out.

Aqz could you please specify who these superior are? I applied for a non immigrant visa e2 and my case is in pending since 14 months in karachi consulate. Could you give me some specific info so i can contact them. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.