MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
23 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Which embassy is the interview in?

he is a resident of Spain so it will be at Madrid.

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
23 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Good luck. How long have u been in AP

Thanks! His initial interview was on February 20,2018. A year and 5 days later they ask for a second interview. I am sure it's because of his travels. He is Pakistani and has been living and working in Spain for 10 years. He is a permanent resident of Spain. They originally kept his passport but we had to request it back because of his work. This will be my 5th trip to see him. Its making me crazy.

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 11:12 AM, bashar26 said:

Just wanted to give everyone hope inshallah:

my husband's visa was issued!  Syrian, banned, he was given a waiver after 4 months in administrative processing. He will come to the US inshallah next week.

Keep pushing anyone around you that you can for support. This is the only way. Be respectful to embassy staff but follow up over email at least once a month. Talk to your senators and representatives. Get anyone who can to make an inquiry on your case! I have a feeling we were only successful because of sustained pressure over time, from media as well if you can! I wrote a personal essay and last week when things were being spoken about in the news again, I posted it on FB and I believe this had some part in it.

Many congrats! My uncles visa has been  issued today after a year of being in AP. He’s also from one of the banned countries. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
4 hours ago, tiyyo said:

Thanks! His initial interview was on February 20,2018. A year and 5 days later they ask for a second interview. I am sure it's because of his travels. He is Pakistani and has been living and working in Spain for 10 years. He is a permanent resident of Spain. They originally kept his passport but we had to request it back because of his work. This will be my 5th trip to see him. Its making me crazy.

I hope that all goes well with your second interview.  I hope that you will share about your experience in the Madrid embassy. My husband is also currently living and working in Spain. He is from a banned country and we are anxious about his interview which should be scheduled there soon. I really hope you all get good news this time!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, MZe said:

How many folks here have parents ir5 facing ds5535 ?

We do, my husband's father is nearing 1 year of AP next week. He received the DS 5535 the day after his interview. How long have you been waiting?

Guys. I want a quick response. I have received from UsTraveldocs that my passport n visa have been collected from embassy and they have mentioned my passport number with thr address of my selected courier service location. And my passport status on Ustraveldocs is ready for pick up. Does it mean i can go and pick my visa tomorrow from the courier center? Does this email signifies that? I got no phone call. only email from Us travel docxs. Plz reply

Timeline
2 hours ago, sabrina2011 said:

We do, my husband's father is nearing 1 year of AP next week. He received the DS 5535 the day after his interview. How long have you been waiting?

Oh I wish he gets his visa soon. We have been in AP since sept 2018. I have seen over 14 updates now and the last was on January 30. My dad was put in AP and my mother was told she would get her visa right away but her status has been in ready ever since interview with no updates since the interview date. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, MZe said:

Oh I wish he gets his visa soon. We have been in AP since sept 2018. I have seen over 14 updates now and the last was on January 30. My dad was put in AP and my mother was told she would get her visa right away but her status has been in ready ever since interview with no updates since the interview date. 

Thank you, it can get emotionally draining for the family. hoping your parents get their visa soon! 

2 hours ago, Shazyyo said:

Guys. I want a quick response. I have received from UsTraveldocs that my passport n visa have been collected from embassy and they have mentioned my passport number with thr address of my selected courier service location. And my passport status on Ustraveldocs is ready for pick up. Does it mean i can go and pick my visa tomorrow from the courier center? Does this email signifies that? I got no phone call. only email from Us travel docxs. Plz reply

Yesssss.. Go and collect buddy.. It's party time now 🎉🎊👏💐🎈😊

5 hours ago, Shazyyo said:

Congrats, you will get your passport with visa, happy for you after such a long waiting

Hello guys. Finally a long tough journey came to an end. I got my visa today. Thanks to you all and this forum as I have got a chance to talk to so many good people here. We all have helped each other as we are facing the same situation. My visa category is v92. My mother is my petitioner. My interview was on 20th sep 2017. They approved it but later sent me Ds5535 in email. It took 16 months and then in January 2019 I got an email for an updated medical and after 15 days of medical submission, I have finally received my visa. I have spent 6 years without my mom.. so eager to meet her soon InshaAllah. I can only say that dont lose hope, you will eventually get your visa at a perfect time decided by Allah. I was so depressed in these 16 months. I left my studies after interview, my engagement got broken due to some reasons and I was all alone in the darkness. No job, no studies and no support. I kept thinking abt my visa and used to check and stare at my ceac status daily even on weekends. I prayed a lot and Allah finally helped me. Please pray for me. I am praying for u all ..may all of you meet your beloved people soon ameen. Its always a light at the end of a tunnel.Cheers and Good luck.

39 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Hello guys. Finally a long tough journey came to an end. I got my visa today. Thanks to you all and this forum as I have got a chance to talk to so many good people here. We all have helped each other as we are facing the same situation. My visa category is v92. My mother is my petitioner. My interview was on 20th sep 2017. They approved it but later sent me Ds5535 in email. It took 16 months and then in January 2019 I got an email for an updated medical and after 15 days of medical submission, I have finally received my visa. I have spent 6 years without my mom.. so eager to meet her soon InshaAllah. I can only say that dont lose hope, you will eventually get your visa at a perfect time decided by Allah. I was so depressed in these 16 months. I left my studies after interview, my engagement got broken due to some reasons and I was all alone in the darkness. No job, no studies and no support. I kept thinking abt my visa and used to check and stare at my ceac status daily even on weekends. I prayed a lot and Allah finally helped me. Please pray for me. I am praying for u all ..may all of you meet your beloved people soon ameen. Its always a light at the end of a tunnel.Cheers and Good luck.

Finally. Many many congratulations to you dear. Please pray for me too as i am also in the same situation. I have stopped meeting people because of this. I get depressed because i am away from my husband. Never thought that life is going to be like this. But i am so happy for you. I just pray that me and everyone who is in this situation get their visa because this is so unfair to us. Thanks for sharing your whole experience. Much love. ❤️

On 2/7/2019 at 12:42 PM, tiyyo said:

Getting ready to leave to Spain for my husband's SECOND interview. They request me to be there as well. I  have been preparing to getting updated paperwork and I fully expect a Stokes interview. I wish they just would have let me go in on the first interview since I was there freezing outside of the embassy waiting for him to come out!!!! Keep us in your prayers!!!

All the best to you. Hoping to hear good news from you. Do share your experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.