MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
11 hours ago, maryam78 said:

It doesn't matter where he is from.  On NVC website it says that AP last at least two months. It could be longer depending on the case. Good luck.

I was replying to a message on reporting where he is from, not stating where he from like it matters with AP! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Redouaneew said:

Hello everyone my interview was at June/6/2017 they gave me form ds5535 . Now it is 3 months from waiting .I don't know how many months that take

Oh 3 months is a lot. Did u try to contact the US embassy from where ur applying? I'm also waiting but lil more than a month now. I hope we hear the good news soon. 

19 hours ago, Redouaneew said:

Hello everyone my interview was at June/6/2017 they gave me form ds5535 . Now it is 3 months from waiting .I don't know how many months that take

Im waiting 3 month's as well ... my interview was june 5th 2017 and also i filled form ds5535 . but no changes on my ceac, only i see updates when i email the embassy ... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, N&I said:

Im waiting 3 month's as well ... my interview was june 5th 2017 and also i filled form ds5535 . but no changes on my ceac, only i see updates when i email the embassy ... 

Yes where are you from they make updates 5 times . It is 1 month they not do any update

Timeline
10 hours ago, Zara90 said:

Oh 3 months is a lot. Did u try to contact the US embassy from where ur applying? I'm also waiting but lil more than a month now. I hope we hear the good news soon. 

Yes they say wait .

Timeline
12 hours ago, N&I said:

They mak 5 updatess to my case now they are not make any update for a 30 days

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hi everyone would like to let you know about my situation on august 9 i had my interview at the us embassy in dakar after the interview the CO told me my visa was approved took my passport and asked me to come back pick my passport on august 14 . I went there that day but they told my passport was not ready. Two days later i was aked to fill the ds 5535 i have been waiting for one month but no answer .There were several updates on the ceac(3) excatly. Im still waiting have already missed the first session next one is october 16 i hope that i will not miss that one thank you 

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi guys ,

I have some good news to share. We were on AP for a little over two months. We got four updates since two months mark. And finally today the CEAC status says Issued. This was a very stressful journey and I am glad it is over. This forum was very helpful. I like to thank this forum and the people who runs it and everyone else who help and support each other. For those of you who are waiting due to AP. Be patient and you will hear the good news soon. I wish you guys all the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, maryam78 said:

Hi guys ,

I have some good news to share. We were on AP for a little over two months. We got four updates since two months mark. And finally today the CEAC status says Issued. This was a very stressful journey and I am glad it is over. This forum was very helpful. I like to thank this forum and the people who runs it and everyone else who help and support each other. For those of you who are waiting due to AP. Be patient and you will hear the good news soon. I wish you guys all the best.

congratulations!!

what type of visa did you file for?

how long did you wait for approval after receiving the 5535?

Did the CO keep your passport after the interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Pirlo said:

Hi everyone would like to let you know about my situation on august 9 i had my interview at the us embassy in dakar after the interview the CO told me my visa was approved took my passport and asked me to come back pick my passport on august 14 . I went there that day but they told my passport was not ready. Two days later i was aked to fill the ds 5535 i have been waiting for one month but no answer .There were several updates on the ceac(3) excatly. Im still waiting have already missed the first session next one is october 16 i hope that i will not miss that one thank you 

Hello,

We interview the on the Aug 9th too. We filed the form right after the interview and still waitng too for a CR-1 visa

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Renee14 said:

congratulations!!

what type of visa did you file for?

how long did you wait for approval after receiving the 5535?

Did the CO keep your passport after the interview?

Thanks,

CR1 visa type.

Waited two months plus two weeks after interview and receiving form 5535.

CO did keep his passport.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone 

on Sep  1st our case changed to issued but the message under it says under AP. on Sept 5th still issued but the message under it changed to your visa in final processing if you dont receive your passport within 5 day contact the courier.  

we received passport next day. i booked a ticket for my husband same day he is here now with us.  

good luck to you guys 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.