MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Faizan209 said:

I've been given this form DS-5535 at Islamabad consulate after interviewing on August 16,2017 I am very confused if it's mandatory for siblings information especially date of birth that's very personal information.

I know it's personal but you have to fill out every part of the form.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Just now, pflee said:

I understand how you feel...how long has it been for you?

My wife interview appointment was on 10th of July for an immigrant visa. they postponed it till 27th of July then at the end of the interview she was handed that ####### DS-5535. so it's been 48 days since her first interview date, 31 days since DS-5535

Filed: Country:
Timeline
12 minutes ago, mohamadmashta said:

My wife interview appointment was on 10th of July for an immigrant visa. they postponed it till 27th of July then at the end of the interview she was handed that ####### DS-5535. so it's been 48 days since her first interview date, 31 days since DS-5535

I have been emailing the embassy nonstop, and I always get the same response...I know this whole process feels extremely dreadful...I haven't seen a single update on ceac since I submitted DS-5535 on July 3rd..

Timeline
36 minutes ago, pflee said:

I have been emailing the embassy nonstop, and I always get the same response...I know this whole process feels extremely dreadful...I haven't seen a single update on ceac since I submitted DS-5535 on July 3rd..

I know dude ..... All they do is basically to copy the status message and send it back to you without any clue or anything helpful ...... Our CEAC status have changed 3 times, last one was on 16 August.

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
55 minutes ago, mohamadmashta said:

I know dude ..... All they do is basically to copy the status message and send it back to you without any clue or anything helpful ...... Our CEAC status have changed 3 times, last one was on 16 August.

They say to wait 60 days before contacting them when you are on AP.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
7 hours ago, maryam78 said:

They say to wait 60 days before contacting them when you are on AP.

Yes i know. It looks like ppl on this thread received their visa within 60 days. Do you know if they will actually do anything after 60 days? I mean i spoke to someone at the embassy and they said the investigation ends then and they decide for a further investigation if theres another hit in your application. Does that mean i'll get my visa issued if it all goes well in 60 days..? 

Timeline
14 hours ago, pflee said:

I've been waiting since at the end of June for my student visa renewal and my school started last week. Are you a Master's student...?

where did you apply from?

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, pflee said:

Yes i know. It looks like ppl on this thread received their visa within 60 days. Do you know if they will actually do anything after 60 days? I mean i spoke to someone at the embassy and they said the investigation ends then and they decide for a further investigation if theres another hit in your application. Does that mean i'll get my visa issued if it all goes well in 60 days..? 

Hopefully everything clears after 60 days and you hear something soon. I got an update on my case when it reached 60 days.

Timeline
Just now, maryam78 said:

Hopefully everything clears after 60 days and you hear something soon. I got an update on my case when it reached 60 days.

Hey Maryam! you got an update then they called you for your visa or you are still waiting?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.